“Relaxing Retreat”
Review of Sterling Inn & Spa

Sterling Inn & Spa
Ranked #1 of 128 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Reviewed 22 September 2009

This is the best hotel we have ever stayed at. It is so beautiful. We have been back there 3 times in 3 months. The room's all have flat screen tv's, fireplaces and we've always had a room with a jaccuzi bath. I have never felt more relaxed while on a holiday than there.
I would recommend the Sterling to everyone looking to getaway. While there try the restaurant AG located in the basement. The food is all local and taste amazing.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,660)

Reviewed 22 September 2009

I found the servises very good but i must mention that "Andre" La Concierge was
extremely helpful.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 September 2009

We stayed at the Sterling Inn in room 210. Upon our arrival the check in was fast easy perfectly done. The room was great much bigger than anticipated since I had booked a room and ended with a 2 room suite. Since this weekend was for our 25th wedding anniversary the bottle of wine with the card left on the table was a great touch. We where looking for a quiet getaway and this is exactly what we had. The breakfast in bed was a wonderful touch.

We will certainly recommend your Inn to everyone who intends to visit the region. Also excellent service at the check out everything was done ahead of time did not have to wait at all . Hats off to all of your employees who always had a smile and a friendly welcoming hello.

• Stayed: September 2009
Reviewed 15 September 2009

My then Fiance, now Husband, and I chose the Sterling Inn & Spa because of it's quaintness and the overall good reviews the hotel receives. However, I guess we may have been one of the couples that fell through the cracks.

My overall experience was not horrible, but very disappointing. I am normally difficult to displease as I tend to take things very much in stride...So, initially I was not going to complain about the late breakfast deliveries to our room...Or the janitorial cleaning cart being parked right outside our door 3 out of 4 days...Or having a perfect view of the laundry/janitorial facilities room of which the door was often left wide open...Or being woken in the night (on a very hard bed) to the sounds of laundry being done in said room. However, personal insults by the management is where I get a bit frustrated.

On our wedding day my husband and I returned to our room to find a plate of chocolate covered strawberries, a bottle of wine, a small bottle of champaign and a lovely card from the sterling staff congratulating us. We had no clue how the hotel could have known so we called down to the front desk. The gentleman that answered could not find any answers either. We left it at a happy surprise. Later though, we found that it was a gift paid for by my husbands office and that the card was supposed to be signed accordingly from his company with the names of his peers. Since the gift was an expensive one his office manager contacted the Sterling Inn to ask about the miscommunication. Since then we have been told that the manager, Rhonda Hughes, has claimed that the card was there and my husband and I must have "overlooked" it, that our room was a disaster and it's no wonder the card has been "lost", that it may have fallen behind the fridge in the room...etc. This is absurd. Our room looked like a regular hotel room of a couple that has spend 4 days in it. There were towels left out, some dishes from room service, and a box with some wrapping from a couple of purchase I made but needed to unwrap so that I could pack them for my fight home. The the fridge that the supposed card may have fallen behind is shut closed...In a cabinet...On the floor, under a marble tabletop...And several feet AWAY from where the real card, wine, champaign, and strawberries were left.

I just feel so insulted and angry that management feels it's necessary to insult us rather than just apologize for a mistake that they made. I will not be back. Not ever. There are too many beautiful places in the area to even chance being treated so poorly.

1  Thank Inyx
Reviewed 7 September 2009

Finally a non-tacky hotel in Niagara Falls! Well done. We arrived and were very impressed with the service (Andre) and the resturant. Having visited the Harbour House and Shaws Club in Niagara-on-the-law, this hotel meets their standards at a price that meets my standards. If this hotel keeps up the high quality and the affordable prices they offer now, we will choose this hotel over others all the time. As one of Ontario's Finest Inns, you must try this hotel for their exceptional service and care.

2  Thank LauraPalmer
Reviewed 7 September 2009

We loved the experience. Though the outside doesn't look like much, the inside is beautiful with large remodeled rooms, great service and a great restaurant. The amenities were great specially for the price. We got the standard room and it was great, it had a chimney, steam shower with body jets, balcony and beautiful modern wood work. We loved the complimentary breakfast. The hotel restaurant was also great. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ufly
Reviewed 6 September 2009

The hotel is wonderful! We requested a jazzuci tub, but it was unavailable so we ended up with a room with a steam shower. Which was excellent! The breakfast in bed was great, it was the perfect amount of food for two people. The room is huge, you have a mini fridge in there (a microwave would complete everything). Dinner at the hotel is amazing, pricey, but worth it. The only reason this hotel is not getting 5 stars (or circles) from me is that by the windows in our room the paint was peeling and chipped. Probably from water damage or something, but it kind of takes away from everything else in the room.

1  Thank sunnysideup12