Value: A friend of mine knew my spouse and I were heading to Niagara Falls for a romantic getaway and found us an Expedia deal of $71.00 + tax per night which was almost $40 less than the Inn's official website price. We put the money we saved toward "Niagara Falls & Great Gorge Adventure Passes" that we bought on niagaraparks.com.
(P.S. Don't miss the Butterfly Conservatory... it's amazing!)
We arrived at the Inn at 11:30 am and was told by the desk clerk that check-in is at 4pm. (Why does check-in at hotels seem to be getting later and check-out earlier?!) However, they did offer to hold our luggage until we returned. We asked for a room with a whirlpool tub and was told none was available until the next night, but it would be an additional $50.00 for the suite with the tub. We passed on it since we were only staying two nights.
Extra Value: Free parking. Also, complimentary breakfast in bed.
Location: The Inn looks like it's located in a commercial area which makes sense since the building used to be a milk factory. While I would not personally feel safe walking in the area by myself, I was okay with my spouse. It's only one block over and then a couple of blocks to walk to the Falls.
Dining: There was a card similar to a "DO NOT DISTURB" sign to hang outside your room on the door handle by 6pm the previous night to let them know what time you want the complimentary breakfast in bed delivered the next morning. Breakfast consisted of (one per person) a croissant, yogurt with granola, a piece of fruit (we got a banana and orange), one rolled slice of deli meat and cheese and for beverages a choice of coffee, tea, apple juice or orange juice. It was enough of a filling meal that we didn't eat dinner until 3pm that day. There is a dining room but it was closed on Monday.
Room: Ample sized room with wood floors and generous space for the two of us to get around the furniture...lots of furniture: two cushioned chairs and a glass top table and a padded bench at the foot of the bed. Directly across from the foot of the bed was a red painted working (not woodburning) fireplace and there was a small built-in desk to the left of the fireplace. Also there was a bend in the room that separated the bedroom from the kitchenette that contained a tall dresser and a 3-4 foot tall floor lamp.
Our room was on the second floor and had a small balcony with two iron chairs and a table. Our view was of a parking lot and the top of the tall hotels that were several blocks away closer to the Falls. Thick room-darkening drapes covered the door leading to the balcony.
The kitchenette had a mini fridge, coffeemaker and sink but it would have been great to also have a microwave.
The tiled bathroom was extremely clean. The vanity had a glass top with shelves underneath and the huge walk-in shower had a rain shower head, four wall jets and a button to push for steam. We called for some washcloths and a member of the cleaning crew brought them up still warm from the dryer. The soap, shampoo, conditioner, and body lotion were coconut-lime scented. Oh, and two bathrobes were folded and laying on the bed when we arrived.
Service: The young desk clerk was kind of snippy with us about the check-in time when we arrived but we didn't let it affect our stay.
Cleanliness: Every time we walked through the hotel and lobby we would see two people cleaning. They did a great job because the Inn was spotless and they were friendly and helpful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- As Niagara Falls' only Boutique Hotel the Sterling Inn & Spa is a fusion between a luxury hotel and a Fine Inn. From the tranquility of our full service spa, to our fine dining restaurant AG offering regional cuisine in a cool urban setting, the Sterling Inn & Spa is truly an experience in its self. With amenities and rooms that cater to couples, it is the perfect place for a honeymoon or romantic getaway. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Priceline, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Sterling Inn & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sterling Inn And Spa
- Sterling Hotel Niagara Falls
- Sterling Niagara Falls
- Sterling Inn Niagara Falls