We stayed overnight two nights from July 12th - July 14th. The breakfast was typical mid-budget fair (make your own waffles, eggs, cereal, etc.). The syrup wasn't bad tasting like another reviewer said in his/her review. Maybe they accidentally used the diet syrup. The breakfast was plentiful when we went to eat at 0700 and 0730 in the morning. So, I don't think anyone that had kids missed out on having a decent breakfast since we were the ones there that early eating. I guess the guest that stated they had to wait in a line with 50 people and couldn't find a seat to sit down were probably there after 0900 or right before the breakfast room closes at 1000. The ladies that worked in the breakfast room were diligent in clearing the dirty dishes tub before one was even half full. They kept everything well-stocked when I was there for breakfast. The staff at this hotel are very hard-working and friendly and do not hesitate to answer any questions on how to get somewhere, etc. I'm glad the lady at the front desk told us to have at least two dollars in quarters on us (family of four) to go over to the U.S. side of the falls because it takes exactly 50 cents in Canadian money per person to go over. That was great advice. When I checked in at 3 p.m. on the dot on July 12th, I got key cards for a room on the 4th floor that was extremely close to the elevators. I had to go right back to the front desk and request the room be changed because of that and because I knew my husband would have requested the change. The lady was happy to change me to a room on the 5th floor much further from the elevators. I never understood why when someone checks in to a hotel early that they are sometimes penalized for it by getting a not-so-great room. It should be the other way around. They should get the better rooms first for checking in early. When someone honors their reservations at a decent hour in a hotel, that should count for something. The pool was great. It was nice and big. The room was nice and clean with a fridge. The hotel was nice and clean with a bathroom downstairs for use when someone needed to use the bathroom and the one in their hotel room was in use. The hotel is close to everything and a short walk to the rainbow bridge to go over to the U.S. side of the Falls. Prime location for not as much as those "Falls View" hotels charge. When you are spending most of your time outside of your room, why do you need a "Falls View" hotel for anyway. Walk to the falls and you will "see" the Falls like you should! If I ever plan to go to that area again, I will definitely stay at the Country Inn and Suites!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the New Country Inn & Suites in Niagara Falls. Located in the heart of the tourist district and across the street from Casino Niagara. Only a short walk to the natural wonder of the Falls and Clifton Hill...."the street of fun at the falls." This 100% non-smoking hotel can meet all your needs with our comfortable rooms, free deluxe continental breakfast, free high speed internet and large indoor pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Niagara Falls, ON reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Country Inn And Suites Niagara Falls
- Country Inn & Suites Niagara Falls Hotel Niagara Falls
- Country Inn Niagara Falls
- Niagara Falls Country Inn