“Wonderful weekend - thanks Country Inn!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Niagara Falls, ON

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Niagara Falls, ON
Ranked #3 of 129 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Mississauga
“Wonderful weekend - thanks Country Inn!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2010

I choose this hotel based on the reviews here on Trip Advisor. I must say I was rather pleased. I went with my boyfriend for two nights - and stayed in their jacuzzi suite. We got there about a half hour before check-in - and the room was already to go. Staff were more than welcoming - offering us guides, a tour of the hotel, etc. This hotel is right across the street from Casino Niagara; about a five minutes walk from Clifton Hills (main tourist area); about a ten minutes walk from the falls (American Falls - and about a 20-25 minutes walk to get closer to the Canada Falls); and a 25 minutes walk to Fallsview Casino.

The thin walls are true; however the majority of our stay was quiet. It was only in the morning when kids in the hall woke us up around 7:30 being loud (you can tell their were excited). But clearly the fault of parents and their lack of hotel etiquette. I did not hear any toilets being flushed but you can faintly hear the showers being used - but you had to be listening for it to really hear it. The continental breakfast was typical - the usual bagels/toast/cereal/fake eggs/small sausages/yogurt/fruit, etc. My boyfriend and I went down there the first night and only grabbed an apple...decided to go elsewhere for breakfast. But it was nothing to really to complain about.

The rooms were very spacious, clean and the bed was VERY comfortable, and more than enough pillows, towels, toiletry items provided for your comfort..

We called front desk to let them know we would be late checking out and they were very nice about it. I would definitely stay here again. However - not for a so "romantic" getaway, as it is more prone for families (which is clearly indicated on the website). Children are left, right and center at this hotel. But the value is definitely worth it!

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
4 Thank MsLovely05

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (258)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Ontario
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2010

We had a roadtrip planned (wedding in London, Ontario, a day at a zoo and a few days in Niagara Falls) and Country Inn & Suites suited us best. When we booked, it was # 1 in Trip Advisor and it lived well to the name. It was a 3 days stay if i remember correctly. My husband (then fiance) sent me to park the car and when I entered the hotel, him and his newlyweds friends were already up in the bedroom. Asked the clerk where the heck i should go and she was very nice and smily. Very satisfied with the room. Didn't even need to hide my laptop during the day while we were away, everything was left at its place.
We ate at a few places: I remember Applebyes (sp?) and it was really good. We also ate at some steakplace: it reminded me of our local restaurant Deja Vue. Absolutely great.
The walk up and down Clifton hill was hard on me (im not in such a great fitness) but in the end, i had no problem. We could buy our passes at the front desk of the Hotel, which was great.
I couldn't use the pool, but my hubby and friends did and they had a blast. Will so go back... after my pregnancy! LOL!

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with friends
4 Thank MoonAngelMusic
Pittsburgh, PA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2010

Enjoyed our one night stay at Country Inn. The room was very clean/comfortable. The hotel staff very accommodating. It is at a great location...safe, w/n walking distance of the falls/restaurants, etc. Highly recommend! Great breakfast provided, too!

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
4 Thank Saratoga718
Barrie ON
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2010

The Country Inn and Suites, centrally located in Niagara Falls, walking distance to all those garish attractions one associates with Niagara Falls and just a block off the 420. Which makes it very convienient to get in and out of. There are plenty of resturants within just a block or two. We didn't get a chance to eat at the Sandstone Grill next door but heard glowing reviews from locals at the wineries in Niagara on the Lake. We did try the Monticello Resturant a block away on Victoria Ave. The Chicken and Sausage Gumbo with Baby Greens and Bocconicini made an excellent late meal. The front reception staff was friendly and helpful, pointing out the location of banks and dining. Of course in a busy hotel there are hallway noises but nothing to complain about. The only issue would be the continental buffet breakfast and we were late arriving so selection was limited and there were line-ups for toasters. I might suggest better commercial grade toasters that would increase the turnover and reduce those line-ups.
I would certainly stay again and suggest it to anyone.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
4 Thank CdnWineLover
muncy
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2010

Spent 2 nights here with the family. On the positive side, nothing but praise for the staff. They were great to deal with. The price of the room was very favorable for the area. Good location. Right across the street from the Fallsview waterpark, a very short walk to the Clifton Hill area. Falls themselves are also within walking distance. Hotel has nice parking lot ($6/day extra). One of the larger indoor pools I've seen in my travels as well.

On the downsides I did find the walls to be thin...or should I rather say it was one of the noiser hotels Ive stayed at recently. Not sure what was up with the plumbing but everytime the folks above up flushed their toilet or took a shower it sounded like water was pouring into our room. The breakfast was okay at best, but I don't really expect much when it comes to hotel breakfast's.

Would have liked to have had Wifi but the hotel did not have that. Though they did have a wired option in the room. But that also ment only one device could be online at a time

All in all would stay here again in a heartbeat

• Stayed February 2010, travelled with family
3 Thank photolew3686
Southern Ontario
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2010

Great Hotel. It was cheap and clean. Amazing value. Not fancy but makes great vacation. Free cookies for kids. Great hotel for everyone. I love it. I would definately recomend it. It is a fairly new building. i will definitely return.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled with family
3 Thank Circelli54
Thunder Bay ON
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2010

We spent 3 nights at Country Inn with our baby boy and everything was perfect . Great customer service , friendly staff , clean and bright rooms , and breakfast was awesome . If we were to return to Niagara Falls , this would be our first choice.
Way to go Country Inn