“Horrible experience!!”

A Night to Remember B&B
Ranked #31 of 68 Niagara Falls B&B and Inns
Reviewed 25 August 2012

This place should be called "nightmare to remember"... I certainly will never forget the place, but in a bad way!!.. It was awful!!.. It was my first time in a bed & breakfast, and after that experience I said "never again". This place was creepy!.. Very old and smelly!!... I was expecting to see weird insects in the house. The only positive thing was the owner. Even when he didn't received us when we arrived. At least in the morning he was friendly. but I really hope I don't have to go back to a bed&breakfast again In my life!!.. First & last!!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MR080
There are newer reviews for A Night to Remember B&B

Reviewed 31 July 2012

We went there off season so the prices were low.
We were alone in the house, it was awesome !
Nice house, beautiful rooms (we've been visiting them all as nobody was there)
Jacuzzi tub in the bathroom, Huge bed and nice style.
There are even dvds to watch.
Breakfast was delicious, served by a really nice guy who gave us many tips about the area.
5 minutes walk to the Falls.
I definitely recommand this place to stay !

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 July 2012

This B&B is extremely average. Our room was full of odd décor and mismatched Indian rugs. The innkeeper had a strange house rule, asking guests to take off their street shoes upon entering. I found having all guests walk around without shoes unacceptable and unsanitary. The location was a short walk to Niagara Falls, which was nice. Breakfast was pretty good, albeit a bit different. We were served French Toast Cordon Bleu and egg in the eye. The innkeeper was somewhat friendly; however he didn’t seem to have a real love for his job. For the price we paid, I was a little disappointed. Overall, it was a good location, with average service and room quality. If I was traveling back to Niagara Falls, I would choose a different B&B.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 July 2012

This B&B is a real victorian jewel! The rooms and home are tastefully decorated with period antiques. The full breakfast is excellent. The innkeepers are fabulous! They are very helpful and knowledgeable of Niagra Falls. Proximity to the falls makes this B&B ideal. We will definitely be back to Niagra Falls and look forward to staying here. We hope to bring our friends and family back with us on the next trip.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 May 2012

We stayed here in 2011 and the jacuzzi was freezing. Called owner and he came right over and upgraded us to a room with a deluxe jacuzzi. Breakfast was very good. Owner was very friendly. Am staying there again this summer.
Bob and Trish Winchel

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 March 2012

We were looking at a last minute place to stay for one night, so we were checking out hotels online and came across this one for a bed and breakfast. It looked interesting and it had been awhile since we have stayed at one so we decided to just go for it. Well. We were happy to see that we could arrive at noon first of all. Most hotels were only allowing 3 and 4pm check in times. So, that was great. Our room was even more of a surprise as we didn't know that it had a 2 person jacuzzi in it as well. We were in the Queen Anne Room. The king bed could have been softer for me but I managed. We didn't know how to get more channels on the small tv in the room so we just gave up on it. We enjoyed the fire place, the antique charm of the place and the peacefullness.
We were asked to fill out our requests for breakfast when we arrived so that was nice.
We both enjoy decaf coffee and cranberry juice which were both there in the morning.
Our hosts were very nice and the other couple at breakfast were also alot of fun to talk to.
We enjoyed the best fresh fruit bowl I have ever had, a homemade warm muffin and french toast with berries on it. Sooo good.
It was a nice getaway and I would recommend staying here for sure.
Enjoy.....Rick and Cheryl

Room Tip: Stay in the Queen Anne Room or the larger suite in the front of the B&B. The Niagara Room had a...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lovethegreatviews
Reviewed 3 March 2012

This was our first time staying at a B&B so my husband & I weren't sure what to expect. We loved it!! The period furniture & decor takes you back 100 years to the early 1900s, especially in the diningroom & parlour on the main floor.
We stayed in the Grand Tower Suite at the front of the house. Lots of room to move around in the room itself & the large bathroom. We didn't use the enclosed sunporch as it was too chilly in winter.
Unfortunately we did not get to meet David, one of the owners, as he had to go out of town that weekend, but both times we spoke w/ him on the phone, he was friendly & pleasant.
We lucked out & were the only guests there that night so it was very quiet but I'm sure it would normally be like that due to the old home's thick walls & sound construction.
We were served breakfast the next morning in the diningroom, fruit, pancakes, coffee, & juice. They had a large & varied assortment of flavoured teas on display for guests to enjoy. Our host Kathy (Cathy?) was very friendly & helpful, chatting with us about local things to see & do in NF, ON and NF, NY.
We've love to go back, hopefully next time we'll get to meet David & Doddy. They run a wonderful B&B!

LM

Room Tip: The Grand Tower Suite is the largest of the 3 guest rooms and takes up the entire front of the house...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple