“Thank you Motel 6”

Ranked #39 of 129 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Welland, Canada
“Thank you Motel 6”
Reviewed 3 January 2013

I had a bad experience in the falls at the Tropicana Inn... they left me broke and angry, Motel 6 took me in at a discount, gave me a beautiful jacuzzi suite, everything was so clean and nice, They have a beautiful indoor heated pool that you have to use a keycard to use.. awesome lol they also have an arcade and many other amenities. I will definatly be back I am more then pleased with them, I couldnt possibly tell you how much fun it was, try it for your self.. and you wont regret it.

Room Tip: Jacuzzi suite
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Hotel_Jackall

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Reviewed 26 November 2012

My boyfriend and I spent the night last weekend. Upon arrival the desk attendant was very nice and accommodating asking if I had a floor preference. He gave us a great room at the end of a hall away from everyone else. Considering we checked in late (almost midnight) it was nice that I had options. Hallways are blank and kinda creepy but for $59.99/night I wasn't complaining.
Room was small but had everything you need for a night. When I went into the washroom I noticed a couple hairs in the shower. No big, those can be easily missed by the cleaning crew and I can wash those down before getting in. But then there were problems with the toilet. When you flush the whole bowl would fill with water and go down SLOWLY. It was so late already I didn't want to call the front desk and have someone tinkering in my room all night so we just prayed neither of us would have to go #2 before check out. There was no garbage in the washroom and the garbage in the room already had garbage in it when we got there. It was only a water bottle and some candy wrappers but still it made me question if the room was properly cleaned. I understand missing a hair or two but how do you miss changing the ONLY garbage in the whole room?
For the price we paid I wasn't looking for a luxury resort but I do like knowing the room has been properly cleaned and here I did not get that feeling. Reading other reviews how there was no cleaning service on certain days might explain why it was so poorly done.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank k4t4ku
motel6nf, General Manager at Motel 6 Niagara Falls, responded to this review, 4 December 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the M6 Niagara Falls. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

At Motel 6, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.

Emily Nankov
Motel 6
Reviewed 4 November 2012

We stayed October 29, 2012, for two nights. It is a very nice motel with an indoor pool. However, we were dismayed that the management chose not to have a maid on duty on October 30. When I inquired with the nighttime desk clerk after we arrived back late in the evening, she said that no maid worked that day because only a few rooms were rented. So we paid for a service that we did not receive.

I do not know how this scenario is regarded under Canadian law. However, I am confident that Domino's would not fare well if it did not stock fresh tomatoes on snowy days when most of its customer base is cooking dinner at home.

Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
Oshawa, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 28 October 2012

We had stayed at this hotel for my 20th birthday (boyfriend and I) a year ago May.. after driving 3 hours to Niagara Falls in a rain storm we showed up at the hotel to find out that the hotel had changed quite a bit... Holes in the walls in the hallways, holes in the bedding, bottom off the pool is chipping....and to top it all off MOLD in the toilet paper holders... disappointing to say the at most least... Checking out today we had the "pleasure" of speaking with Jennifer who was extremely rude and very unprofessional... After telling her all of the disappointing things we had endured she took it upon herself to go look at the room before we left ( we had left a diposit)...she came back a few minutes later even more rude stating im not sure what your looking at but theres nothing wrong with your room and theres not an ounce of mold so ill document that here...she had an attitude like no other she should NOT work in the field of customer service she lacked it very BAD!!!!

to say the least it was only $100 for the night but after this rude encounter, MOLD, HOLES and a bad nights rest we will NEVER enter this hotel again!!

Room Tip: dont ever stay here!!!
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Durham, Connecticut
Reviewed 23 October 2012

When we travel, we would rather spend our money on dining rather than a hotel that we're not in for most of the day so Motel 6 is good enough. The night clerk seemed a little bitter about his career choice but the day clerk(s) more than made up for his attitude. The interior of this facility was very clean with no hotel odors that are often found in chain hotels. The plumbing must have been brand new and spotless. The same was true of the bedding - must have been very recently installed as the tags were still on the mattress. The rooms are plain vanilla and came without basics such as tissues or a hair dryer although one was provided when we inquired at the desk. Outside was another story. Parking lot was full of litter including condom wrappers and used condoms. In all fairness, they could have spilled over from the dump of a hotel next door but Motel 6 should have been on top of their game. The best part is that this facility is pet-friendly. We took our pug and he was a welcomed guest. Overall, a pleasant experience and a great value for the money.

Room Tip: A better view (however limited) from the back.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 19 October 2012

Stayed for 3 days during canadian Thankgiving. The room was clean but basic, free parking. On a very busy street, so choose a room on the last floors. 15 minutes from the falls, couple of good restaurants in the area but no breakfast at the hotel and no good breakfast in the area.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 8 October 2012

Very nice and clean hotel. Staff was excellent and fast. Check in took less than 3 minutes.
Room & washrrom both were clean and smell free. Climate control was noice free. Rate per night was extremely affordable. I would highly recommend every one to give this hotel a try.

Room Tip: Try to get a room farther from the elevator.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with family