“Great for the price”

Motel 6 Niagara Falls
Ranked #42 of 128 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Reviewed 28 July 2014

We were going on a trip to Niagara Falls, and were looking to find a good hotel at an economical price. When we walked in to check-in, the staff member checking me in was exceptionally friendly, although she did tell me that you had to pay $6 for parking, which we did not know about until check-in. The shower had an interesting sitting area (which is kinda gross considering how many bottoms have sat on it). The TV was a bit high up, but that was probably because of the desk underneath. The room also contained a fridge, which we didn't use, but would be useful if needed. In terms of the location, it was close enough to the tourist area (Clifton Hill), but far enough so that it would not be too loud. The biggest problem I had, though, was the parking. As stated earlier, I already had to cough up a good $6, but then the lot was actually full, which was odd since we had came back at around 11 pm, which I'm sure was not the latest. I then went to the front desk, which told me that there was "overflow" parking next to this house on the grass, which meant that I pretty much wasted my money, so make sure to either leave your car in the lot and walk, or come back to the hotel early (10ish). In terms of the WiFi, it was decent (better than other hotels nowadays).

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Caleb a
There are newer reviews for Motel 6 Niagara Falls

Reviewed 19 July 2014

We traveled to Niagara Falls this weekend. We have visited several times in the past years. We
have stayed at several different hotels in the area (high level as well and low end). Upon our arrival we entered our room to find the carpet had not been swept (left over popcorn), the bathtub had dirt or something in corner by drain, the ceiling had cob webs. The hallway carpets were filthy. I am a forgiving traveler, I notified the front desk clerk so that she was aware. She was very friendly. BUT then it got worse. We booked this trip online and paid for 2 rooms as my father was traveling with us this time (his 1st visit to the falls) when he arrived and gave him his name they told him the room was not paid for. He gave them his credit card and was charged 110.00. Once I learned of this I called the front desk, the 2 clerks were helpful and did correct this, as mistakes do happen. But if he didn't say anything to me about it we would have paid for 3 rooms all together. Next, apparently the other guest thought the hallway was a dance club, yelling screaming and drinking in the hall right outside our room. I called the front desk and they did handle this situation. I guess we thought paying 136.00 for the night, the place would have been a bit better. Very disappointed. They advertised free WiFI, however it was an unsecured wifi connection.

Room Tip: I do not think there are any good rooms here.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Ellen M
Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

The room was clean. Although small, it was good enough for me and my husband to sleep in. Bed and pillows were comfortable. Distance from the city centre was ok, about 500 metres of walking (good exercise I'd say). Bathroom was clean, but the shower's disappointing. Gotta fix that shower head for good distribution of water.

Stayed: June 2014
3  Thank Bichesa
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Rooms have thin walls. You can hear people talking next to you even if they're not loud. I was barely able to get any sleep due to people talking in the next room which I could hear everything, and I don't think they were carrying on that loud.

Got assigned a full size bed when I asked for a queen. The room has a typical, cheap motel feel to it.

Only reason I didn't put this as a one star is because the motels next to this place gotta be worse just based on the look of them and how truly sketchy they are.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Booya123
Reviewed 14 July 2014

We stayed there because we have our dog with us so we have limited choice and this hotel has a very reasonable pricing and with no pet fees. We were kind of skeptical at first but after reading reviews that it is basic but clean we decided to go ahead. The area is kind of run down especially the motel next door, a bit further from the fall but the facility itself is fairly new and clean so it's ok for the price.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 July 2014

We spend 2 nights and it was great. Room was clean, nice service, and the pool warm. You pay $7 a night for parking but you are steps away from the attractions so you save the $10-20 in parking if you walk.

• Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank Luvianita
Reviewed 11 July 2014

I was a little surprized at the hotel considering the reviews I had read. It WAS clean, and the staff was friendly...however, When we first checked in they gave us a room that was already occupied and we had booked a room with a queen size bed and ended up with only a full size. The room was also located next to the stairs that lead down to the pool area, so it was noisy. The air conditioner leaked all over the floor and when we mentioned it to the front desk they had no other rooms available. It was the 4th of July weekend. On the other hand when we asked for additional towels and pillows they were more than happy to accomidate us. Personally I feel that the hotel needs a little updating, I felt like we were back in the 60's. I had booked this on a web site that doesn't show you the hotel until after you book and I will never do that again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple