“Cancelled My Room at last minute No help or support in locating another room”

Motel 6 Niagara Falls
Ranked #42 of 128 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Reviewed 31 July 2009

My family and I booked two rooms to stay in while racing in the Henley Regatta. The hotel canceled the rooms that had been reserved for weeks and called to let us know this 24 hours before, literally as we were packing to leave from Massachusetts for Canada. My main complaint is that I asked that they assist us in FINDING ANOTHER ROOM in the area and they said that they could not help us with this. There are other rooms available. This failure to provide assistance to someone they canceled is ______________ (fill in blank).

JL

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family

Reviewed 13 July 2009

could not believe how rude the receptionist was,how small the rooms were and was later charged 200 dollars because i was told that the room smelt like smoke when i dont even smoke it most likely it was who ever had the room before me,and when i spoke to the manager was basically told to bad. , .NEVER AGAIN WOULD I STAY IN THIS OR ANY OTHER MOTEL 6 NOR WOULD I RECOMMEND THIS MOTEL TO AN ENEMY.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 March 2009

I have stayed in this motel several times, and other times the service was mediocre at best but everything was clean and well kept so I continued to stay. This time however, the room we checked into had jujubes all through it, I thought gee they must not have cleaned very well, but figured only jujubes why cause a fuss. So I just picked them all up and we thought everything was fine. Until one of us sat on the edge of the bed and it broke. Yes I mean, sat, normally, on the side of the bed. The bed collapsed and must have been broken several times before as it was pressed paper and all crumbled. Went to the front desk, where the woman said "this happens all the time" and got us a new room. The new room smelled like vomit and while staying in the room I learned the man checking in in the next room found feces smeared all over the bed and walls. The high speed internet did not work well but at least was free. The swimming pool was dirty both times we attempted to use it. When I checked out Sunday I still thought maybe the hotel had been a victim of vandals or something but Monday morning they charged my credit card 200 dollars saying that I intentionally destroyed hotel property. In my eyes, a bed that cannot hold an adult sitting on it is dangerous and unsafe to begin with. When I contacted the manager he basically said too bad live with it, even though the desk agent had told me I would not be charged and not to worry about it. I stay in Niagara Falls at least 10 times a year and I will NEVER stay at this, or ANY other motel 6 as long as I live.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank destiny2009
Reviewed 23 February 2009

When I arrived the women at the desk seemed pleasant. Until she could not find either of the rooms I had booked. Finally after giving her all the information numerous times she was able to find one of the rooms. At this point she became very rude, and she stated that I had made an error and there was no other room booked under my name. She gave me instructions to contact orbitz, I asked her if they had the internet so I could pull up the information and she stated " DId you bring a laptop?". (I'm sure there was a computer in that hotel that had the internet but, she was not helpful). The room she gave me was wrong. It had only one bed when I needed two. So, i contacted orbitz.. who had all my information correct and had to fax it to the hotel. So, finally after and hour I had both my rooms and they were correct. The hotel took full responsibility for the mishap and apologized. However, later I asked if they had shampoo and the same women looked at me like I was crazy and pointed across the street at a gas station and said " I don't but, they do." WHAT HOTEL DOESN'T HAVE SHAMPOO?? Honestly, it was one thing after the next. Have no idea the trouble I went through. I didn't let it ruin my night but, I was an hour late to everything I had planned that night.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 August 2008

Stayed here for 2 nights in what was called a whirlpool suite. It did have a whirlpool in the bedroom, but it was a one person. I really don't see the point in having a suite with a jacuzzi tub in the bedroom if it is so small. Overall it was a clean and fairly quiet stay, considering it was the holiday weekend. If you are planning on staying at this hotel, be prepared for a small pool, tiny in-room refrigerator (no freezer) and no closet/iron/hairdryer/coffee maker. Also be prepared to ask for extra pillows.

One of the perks was the morning coffee compliments of the hotel, served in the "lobby" every morning.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 March 2008

We booked this hotel for a couple nights and checked to be sure they would accept our dog. The manager agreed that it would be fine with a crate, and not to leave the dog alone in the room.

The price was great, 49.99 per night on week days in Feb.

We were very happy with the cleanliness and location of the hotel.
There is a indoor pool which we didn't use, but was lovely. I would have liked an in-room coffee maker, but there was a breakfast area off the lobby with coffee in the morning. Also there was a microwave there. There is a pay for use computer available also.

Next door there was a variety store, which came in handy, and several restaurants on the street. Very close to Lundy's Lane, Victoria Ave and lots of businesses, yet a nice quiet neighbourhood behind for walking the dog.

Very good, we would return.

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 5 January 2008

We attended a hockey tournament for our 15-17 year-olds. We wanted an inexpensive hotel that was close to everything. The hotel fit the bill perfectly.

The rooms were clean, the staff was friendly they even went as far as supplying a free continental breakfast for the players.

Our only complaint was that the rooms were small but for the price we couldn't really complain.

It is a new hotel and they haven't finished the basement where they plan to make meeting rooms etc. The parking was free.

Although the surrounding area isn't the most appealing, I would stay at the hotel again.

• Stayed: December 2007
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)