“Nice”

Price range: US$24 - US$39
Cuisines: European, Seafood, Steakhouse, Contemporary
Good for: View, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Gourmet Cuisine Combined with a Breathtaking View - the Perfect Ingredients for a Memorable Experience. If you are looking for a memorable dining experience, look no further than the Terrapin Grille Fallsview Restaurant. We are located on the mezzanine level of the Marriott Niagara Falls Fallsview Hotel & Spa, directly overlooking the spectacular natural wonder, Niagara Falls.
Reviewed 20 October 2013 via mobile

We visited our hotel restaurant twice. Once for dinner and once for lunch. Dinner was great the bernaise for my steak was excellent. The crab cake wasn't the best so choose something else. My wife's prime rib was good. Try a Canadian wine we like our choices. The view is of the falls but is covered by the trees for the most part. But still a nice view. Lunch was good we both had the stir fry. I would try it. The waitstaff very accommodating.

1  Thank Fmas1

Reviewed 16 October 2013

We really enjoyed our breakfast - mixed berries were fresh, toast was freshly made and brought to the table by the server. Eggs (made to order by fantastic young woman welding four frypans at once) were hot and delicious. Great breakfast

2  Thank avidtraveller
Reviewed 8 October 2013

We visited Terrapin on October 6 and it was pretty good. We ordered crab cake which was really good (I was just back from Washington, DC where I enjoyed genuine crab cake and this one was pretty close).
My wife had trout. Portion was big and fish was juicy and delicious.
I had filet mignon midium - rare. It was excellent. Porting was big with decent side of asparagus.
Staff was attentive and professional.
When they learned that it was our wedding anniversary they gave us complimentary cake with congrats which was very nice! We booked a table in advance and enjoyed sitting by the window with a nice view of Falls.
In general it's very good and we enjoyed it.
The only thing that concerns me (and I hope somebody from Terrapin could clarify this for us). We've been given $40 food voucher ffor the restaurant. But when bill came they used only $34.10 ($6 is no biggie but I'm still curious what this meant)?

Reviewed 6 October 2013

I made a reservation at the Terrapin Grill for our one dinner at Niagara Falls after seeing their ads with the lovely falls view. These pictures must have been taken long ago. Though there might be an angle from which you can see part of the falls, our window seat and those all around us had a nice view of the tree tops which obscured the falls. As for the food, high priced and very average in taste. I had the bolognaise rigatoni and my husband had the salmon. About what you'd expect at an Applebees, but twice the price. Go elsewhere to find either a better view or more tasty food.

Reviewed 3 October 2013

We received 2 vouchers for $40 at dinner and free breakfast as part of a Groupon deal for the Marriott so of course we wanted to use them. We were pretty underwhelmed in general with the food but thought the staff was very considerate. They were attentive and friendly on both of our visits. The breakfast buffet was quite nice, providing lots of options for all tastes. Dinner was overpriced for what you got. I ordered the Caesar salad and it was good but nothing special. My boyfriend ordered steak that was tough - we've had much better for half the price. Our second night we decided (having spent so much even with the voucher on night one) to order apps and dessert only. We enjoyed the fried calamari, but thought the quail left a lot to be desired. We completely agreed however that the cheesecake with honey pecans and caramel was by far the best thing we had the whole stay! Highly recommend that. Also we didn't feel the view was that spectacular with all the trees. The restaurant should be up several floors!

1  Thank meganp909