“Goood Food! Great View!”
Review of Terrapin Grille - CLOSED

Terrapin Grille
Price range: US$23 - US$39
Cuisines: European, Seafood, Steakhouse, Contemporary
Good for: View, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Gourmet Cuisine Combined with a Breathtaking View - the Perfect Ingredients for a Memorable Experience. If you are looking for a memorable dining experience, look no further than the Terrapin Grille Fallsview Restaurant. We are located on the mezzanine level of the Marriott Niagara Falls Fallsview Hotel & Spa, directly overlooking the spectacular natural wonder, Niagara Falls.
Reviewed 29 June 2014

We were a group of 5, of which 4 were vegetarian. Except the limited vegetarian options on the menu, the chef prepared some special dishes for us. The food was good. To get a table by the window for the view, kindly make a reservation. Overall a nice experience, though we had two $40 gift card, it is still expensive.

1  Thank rijul c

Reviewed 24 June 2014

We were seated at a table by the window with a view of the Falls. I saw another review that mentioned that this restaurant is sometimes out of menu items. Our waiter immediately told us they were out of trout. When I ordered the prime rib, I was also informed that they were out of that (and it was early - just before 7 pm)! My husband had new york strip and lobster. He said it was the best lobster he has ever had. I had the rib eye. It was also good. We especially enjoyed the vegetables that came with the entrees (asparagus and red peppers). The real surprise was dessert. The cheesecake with caramel sauce (they have several sauces to choose from) and the creme brulee were both outstanding! Yes, it was an expensive dinner, even with a $40 voucher, but we really enjoyed it, and it was our anniversary.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

DINNER:

Even with a $40 gift card from staying at the hotel our bill was almost $130 without having any alcohol! We had 2 entrees, 1 dessert and 2 soft drinks.

The rack of lamb was delicious and the steak melted in your mouth.... the prices are just astronomical. The "chocolate TOWER" is smaller than a hockey puck - save your $11!!

Luckily, with the great view we were able to catch the Friday night fireworks that no one told us about at checkin - a very fortunate fluke!!

BREAKFAST: The breakfast buffet here is DELICIOUS!! At only $15.95 a person it is very reasonable - it has just about everything... fresh fruits, yogurt, ommlette bar, pancakes, waffles etc. We received this complimentary for being Marriott Gold members - if not, we would still have paid for it.

Note - the juice glasses are TINY, like little juice shots, so just tell your server to keep them coming (they are included).

1  Thank court10482
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Located within the Marriot Hotel, this restaurant does have a nice view of The Falls. The food was good...borderline very good but not great. We were seated on the interior part of the restaurant, where, in order to enjoy the view, you had to look into other peoples' space. This was an early evening dinner, thus, the families with children were also dining. Being on a trip of a lifetime, it is very hard to enjoy a top end meal with unruly children and parents that allow them to be unruly. Management or staff, need to work on resolving how to deal with families with unruly children. A suggestion...no children after 6 pm.

Reviewed 19 June 2014

When I stayed at the Fallsview Hotel last weekend, my family and I dined here; afterwards we agreed that our meals here were the worst ones we've ever eaten! I had a pasta dish that consisted of noodles, spinach, peppers, and tomatoes, with some weird sauce I had never heard of; it was disgusting! I spent the next two hours with a sick stomach after eating this meal, while my mom was up until 4 AM after eating her dish.

There were some pros though: the view of the Falls is incredible, the restaurant itself is pretty, and the service was great, BUT the horrible food is not worth any of these!!! Also, the worst part of this experience was the fact that our bill was ridiculously expensive!

Eating at the Terrapin Grill was a huge mistake because I was served the worst meal I have ever eaten in my life! There are many places to eat dinner while visiting Niagara Falls- eat at any of them except for this one!!!