“Value for money”
Review of Niagara Falls

Map
Satellite
Map updates are paused. Zoom in to see updated info.
Reset zoom
Updating Map...
Staffordshire
21 helpful votes
“Value for money”
Reviewed 16 September 2004

I was on vacation in Niagara in June 2004. One of the best vacations I have ever had. What a magnificent site the falls are. The Canadian side is much more spectacular than the U.S. Don't be tempted by the tour operators trying to sell tour packages. The best value for money I have ever had was a day adventure pass. we bought this at the bus station near the falls for $34.95 canadian. It included, maid of the mist, journey behind the falls, white water walk, whirlpool aerocar, the butterfly conseratory, unlimited use of the people mover (bus) & incline railway. It also included lots of money off offers to other attractions. You can do everything at your own pace not herded around on coach tour. Truly excellent value for money.

2 Thank Marje_H1
A TripAdvisor Member
“Try B&B's - Bed & Breakfast Places”
Reviewed 26 August 2004

I lived in the Niagara area all my life and know that the costs of food and accommodation have sky-rocketed. We do as the first writer did. Eat outside of the Falls - Virgil - is just along river road and has some quaint eating places. But the most wonderful experience we have had is Bed & Breakfast. Their cost is less and food is included and it is such a pleasant experience - getting to make new friends who know the area well and can direct you to reasonable eating establishments. I stayed in Niagara on the lake for five years - every third week, (overnight) to visit my mom in the Nursing Home and every B&B I stayed in treated me like a Queen. It may be a possible alternative. .

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
“DO NOT EAT within 1 mile of falls”
Reviewed 16 August 2004

Just got back from a week in Canada, Niagara Falls, Toronto and Montreal. I just want to say that all of the restaurants and fast food establishments within one mile of the falls have jacked their prices up 20-30 per cent. This along with the Canadian 7 + 8 % tax makes eating very expensive. For instance, French toast at Denny's cost me almost 10 dollars for three pices of bread. (honest)

My advice--go out of town and eat, it is just short of being criminal. Other than that--Niagara beautiful--go and enjoy---just dont eat!!

OH-- once we got into central Canada--prices were normal--

7 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
“Fun at Niagara”
Reviewed 21 July 2004

Maid of the mist boat is a must! Days Inn and Suites at Centre Street was a great hotel, good deal and great location! :-D The fireworks by the falls was spectacular!

last visited July 2004

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
“A wonderful place to include in your trip”
Reviewed 19 June 2004

My husband and I spent a couple days in Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada in May, 2004 and loved it. The falls are spectacular. We spent about 2 hours walking along the falls area soon after we got there - viewed the falls from our "fallsview" room at the Embessy Suites Hotel (which we also highly recommend - xx), and took an "Elite Tour" (tour desk right in the lobby of the Embessy Suites Hotel). We hightly recommend the "Elite Tour". Our tour took about 6 hours and we saw so much - Floral Clock, Whirlpool Rapids, Butterfly Conservatory, Skylon Tower, Horseshoe Falls, Journey Behind the Falls, Maid of the Mist boat ride, Skylon Tower, and more. Our tour guide loves his job and is an excellent guide - we learned so much about the Niagara Falls area from him.

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Been to Niagara Falls? Share your experiences!