“Hosts were very accommodating and most helpful.”

and 1 more site!
Arnica Bed & Breakfast
Reviewed 4 July 2011

We had the pleasure of spending three nights in the "Winter" room at this B&B. Olga, the host, was most accommodating. She was helpful in suggesting places to eat as well as giving us business cards of various wineries where we could enjoy the tastings for free. She also directed us on things to see and do as well as directing us to the various venues of the Shaw Festival, which was the main reason for the visit. The room was very spacious and nicely appointed and extremely clean. It was located in a new subdivison of NOTL and most pleasing to the eye. Gardens were beautifully kept. Good parking. The breakfasts definitely need to be improved. The homemade baking was lovely, however, improvement on the main courses would be an area that definitely needs to be looked at. I would look for another B&B if I were to return only from the quality of the breakfasts. If you are looking at only the accommodation, it would meet with everyone's approval.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Arnica Bed & Breakfast

Reviewed 3 July 2011

A new home in a newish subdivision. Room was spacious and very clean. Restaurants, downtown and older more attractive neighborhoods all within walking distance, as were the theatres.
Hostess Olga was friendly and gave good advice about restaurants. Pleasant balcony for relaxation and good breakfast.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank SaraMike68
Reviewed 2 June 2011

Arnica's B & B made our first visit to Niagara on the Lake a wonderful short getaway. Olga keeps a meticulously clean home and makes you feels so comfortable with a lovely room, a very good breakfast and such gracious tips on wineries, restaurants and sites to see. We give this a very top rating. You will not regret staying at this B & B

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 April 2011

My partner and I have invited his parents to come with us to Niagara on the Lake for a 3 night stay. As per previous bad experience from other b&b's, I was a little tenditive when looking into this option again. I found this b&b online and decided to give them a call and book directly. After a short pleasant conversation with the owner, we were set to go. I have received the confirmation straight away as well.
When we arrived, we were straight away amazed by this house. Very neat, spottless clean, warm, welcoming and only a short walk from Downtown.
The owners explained us what's on during this weekend and gave us a few very handy tips where to go, dine, things to visit. What a great service when you come into a new place :)
Our room was spacious, comfortable, clean, we could not ask for more. Evenings we enjoyed a chat in their guest area, that had a handy set up as well.
The location was great as we could walk to the Theater,shops, restaurants and even a couple of wineries.
To top our stay off, the breakfasts were delicious with a great choice and variety of fresh home made pastries and breads.
My opinion on b&b's changed, thanks to this particular one! I'm booked in this b&b with my partner again this August, as I know I won't be dissapointed and would like to see this area during one of their fruit festivals.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 October 2010

A very nice couple run this B&B with comfort and service in mind. A delicious and plentiful breakfast is a great way to start each day. Room was roomy with a nice view out the back. It was an easy walk to the downtown. The only downside was a slightly soft and squeaky bed.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DairyQueen9139
Reviewed 6 July 2010

My husband and I have stayed at Arnica over the 4th of July weekend and thoroughly enjoyed our stay there. Olga and Marcel were the most gracious hosts!
Olga keeps the place EXTREMELY clean. We had their "winter" room which overlooks the orchard and were completely happy with it. It's a large room full of light with a king size bed. The bathroom was spacious as well and had a jacuzzi and a separate shower.

Marcel who was in charge of our breakfast did a wonderful job with it.
I read a review prior to booking our stay and was a bit concerned about their "european breakfast" but it turned out to be just great. You get a fruit salad, toast w/marmalade, a choice of oj or cranberry juice or mix of both (which is what we did), hot omlete AND dessert (not too mention tea and coffee and muffins and butter). I think this is a pretty good deal. You dont find this at a lot of hotels!
The house itself is only 6 short blocks away from the main street in town - queens street - which is full of shops and restaurants and you can walk or drive to it.
You can tour the local wineries which the area is full of. Olga was kind enough to share some of the complimentary coupons she had which gave us a winery tour or a tasting flight for free.
Niagara Falls is about a 15mins drive and I have to say coming back to Olga and Marcel's house after spending a day at the hustle and bustle of Niagara Falls was quite a blessing! Hope my review helps you make a right decision:)

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 August 2009

I would not recommend Arnica B&B.
I stayed there this summer with 7 family members for an annual Niagara on the Lake Trip and we weren't happy with both the food and service. Half the people at the table did not eat the main breakfast items and those of us that ate them were quite disappointed. We certainly weren't expecting gourmet but it's really a wonder that the website describes their breakfast as "Canadian-European gourmet". We were even more unimpressed with the service.
I noticed an error in the number of nights on our booking confirmation email due to a communication breakdown and called the hostess to let her know. We made the reservation many months in advance and she obviously made no note of the phone call correction because when we checked out she charged my father in law for the extra night. There seemed to be some other small communication breakdowns and the hostess was pretty rude to all of us by the end of our stay. We will not be returning to Arnica B&B.

Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family