“Stop reading reviews and just book!!!!”
Review of Amarula House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Niagara-on-the-Lake
Amarula House
Reviewed 21 July 2013

We have just returned from our second trip to NOTL this season. We had our usual wonderful stay at Amarula House - it offers a great location ( one block off the main street in the centre of the town), very comfortable, spacious rooms and a 6 Star Breakfast!!!! This visit we were able to enjoy the lovely back garden and swimming pool as we were in the midst of a fierce heat wave. Our hostess Lynette provides warm, helpful advice to all her guests and we have already committed for our first stay of 2014!!!! Nan D.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 7 May 2013

We visit NOTL annually for the Shaw Festival, and first stayed at Amarula House after our first innkeepers retired. Lyn's hospitality made us feel like old friends and thoroughly at home. The location is ideal, within a block of the main street, a short walk to all of the theaters, and around the corner from the best book shop in NOTL. Though we had the "smallest" room, the Zebra Room, we had plenty of space to relax and unwind. We are looking forward to our return visit this year.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 November 2012

For our first 3 visits to NOTL we stayed with Jennifer at The Stables B&B and loved it. We were saddened when she closed and have, since, stayed at Queen Anne's Landing and two other B&B's. These were O.K. but we never really felt "at home" the way we did with Jennifer. That has changed with The Amarula House. This B&B has the most spacious and comfortable rooms of any B&B we have stayed in. The Leopard Suite was PERFECT for our travel companions who needed a ground floor, king-sized bed and large walk in shower. My wife and I stayed on the second-floor Buffalo Suite which, also, had a king-sized bed, a large bathroom with an old claw-foot tub AND a large walk-in shower. There was also a living room with a fireplace and an outside porch. WE LOVED IT! Our hostess, Lyn, is a South African native who we fell in love with and who's sense of humor and warm personality were ample reasons to prolong breakfast conversation with "just one more cup of coffee." Coffee, muffins/home-baked breads and fruit was available at 8am and breakfast was at 9am. While I enjoy the fancy cream cheese stuffed french toast and fancy fratattas that we have in so many B&B's, I prefer a more simple breakfast. You're going to get both here. I will, officially, rank my poached eggs on toast, canadian bacon and fried tomatoes and mushrooms as the BEST breakfast I have eaten at ANY B&B over the past 40 years and it reminded me of the B&B's I used to stay in when I was in the Navy and stationed in Scotland many years ago. The living room was large and comfortable and the house was quiet. It sits on a street just one block from Queen Street, the main NOTL downtown drag and a mere 5 minute walk (or stumble) to our favorite restaraunt (The Irish Harp) and our favorite pub (The Angel Inn). It was the end of the season so the pool was closed but that was low priorty for us. Parking is private but can be a little tight for a large vehicle (we were in a large extened-cab truck) so parking on the street was free and fine. The rooms were clean as could be. We go to the Shaw Festival every year for a couple of shows and we will, definately, be scheduling our future performances around the availabilty of rooms at The Amarula House.

Room Tip: PLUS-sized or elderly? The Leopard Suite on the ground floor is PERFECT! The Buffalo Suite is just...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Steve and Peg A
Reviewed 26 August 2012

We spent 3 nights at Amarula House and everything was great! We arrived very late on our first night and everything was as expected with our late arrival arrangements. We stayed in the Zebra Room - it was quite spacious and very comfortable. Breakfasts were a real treat...from fresh fruit and baking to a different hot egg "surprise" every morning We typically don't eat very much in the mornings, but couldn't resist! The location was perfect - just one block from the main street and easy walking distance to everything the town has to offer. Lyn was very helpful every morning; answering our questions and offering advice on what the area has to offer. She was a great resource! All in all, a wonderful stay in NOTL!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 July 2012

This was our first time to NOTL and I spent alot of time checking out all the B&B's in the area. I wanted to be very close to the main street and hub of all the activities. We were extremely pleased with our choice. The house is adorable, adorned with beautiful artifacts with an African theme. Lynn's breakfasts were delicious! First rate quality, presentation, and service. She was so helpful in suggesting things to do. The passes for the wineries were appreciated. The pool was the selling point for us. The private entrance was also great. We'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 July 2012

This was my fourth trip to Amarula House, and the consistency of quality never wavers. The location is THE BEST for Niagara-on-the-Lake town and surrounding side trips, Location is o quiet, yet just a block from the main street, theatres, shopping and the lakeside. I always book the Buffalo suite - for the soaker turb! - but all of the rooms are wonderful. As for Lynn's breakfasts, well, let's just say you will be full until 3pm and taking 'doggy bags' of her baked treats out the door with you each day! The welcome is always warm, and Lynn is so knowledgeable about surrounding area events and things-to-see-and-do. I'd highly recommend a wine tour, which she can getted booked for you. Definitely my annual treat - a delight!

Room Tip: Go for the Buffalo if. like me, you love a great big clawfoot soaker tub.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 June 2012

This place was perfect. Lynn was extremely helpful and the room was spotless. My bf and I were double booked at another B&B and were graciously accomodated in the Zebra room after the mix-up. I would reccomend this place to anyone and if I stay at NOTL again, I will most definitely be staying here.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple