“Best banana bread!”

Abagales Victorian Bed and Breakfast
oakville
“Best banana bread!”
Reviewed 20 July 2013

We truly loved staying at this B & B! Great staff! Very clean, quiet and being-at-home feeling! And to top it all, the banana bread was the best we ever had! We are planning a return trip in the area and the Abagales Victorian is in the plan!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 10 June 2013

My long time girlfriends and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Abagales Victorian Bed and Breakfast. There were 9 of us and we had the whole house to ourselves. Abagales is very clean and is conveniently located (about a 20 minute walk to the main street). Anita made us two scrumptious breakfasts. We all agreed it was the best food we've had of any of the B & B's we've stayed at! There is a nice big living room where we were able to gather to visit. There is also a fridge (to keep your wine cold!) & glasses available for the guests to use. There is a cat in residence (Jackson) so guests with allergies should be aware.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 13 May 2013

I stayed here for a 4 day honey moon trip, and everyone who works there went out of their way to make the stay very comfortable and relaxing. They took the time to tell us what was around and worth going to see. We were given vouchers for wineries as well. The room was wonderful, nice and quiet, the breakfasts exceeded my expections-fresh home made dishes that were just amazing! The back yard was private and peaceful. Its not located right on the main shopping street, we used their bikes to go into the town area which I really enjoyed.
I recommend this cute retreat to everyone and look forward to going to stay again!

Room Tip: I suggest the room on the main floor, did not stay upstairs but its the only room on the main floor.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Hamilton, Canada
Reviewed 26 February 2013

This bed and breakfast was a great choice for our girls weekend out. Walter was a gracious host and wine tour guide. The rooms were very comfortable and clean. I will definately tell my friends and family about Abagales!!
J.Maynard

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank jmaynard1115
Whitby, Canada
Reviewed 1 December 2012

My husband and I wanted to get away to a cosy little vacation for the Fall before all of the Holiday Events started up so I researched some B&B's on line and saw Abagales! I had a requirement that I was searching for and Abagales popped up on my screen! I wanted a Victorian setting, with a nice front porch with a short walking distance to the town, quiet atmosphere and a friendly host! Well we got a little more as Linda (owner) was amazing to deal with and she got back to me very quickly and we also had an another couple of people that came with us that really enjoyed their stay also. Anita who greeted us each morning was absolutely fantastic! Very accommodating and very friendly (she felt like an old friend we'd known for years!) and her breakfast was fit for a King! The waffles were a hit with the guys! Lol I would recommend this B&B whole heartedly! No hesitation at all, we also enjoyed the hot tub just off the sitting area at night what a wonderful way to spend a couple of days relaxing! I can't wait to go back for another vacation of R&R! Thanks to Linda and Anita for making our trip so delightful! Christine and Nick Whitby ON.

Room Tip: All the rooms are beautifully done and what we liked also was there is a room located on the main le...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
Waterloo, Canada
Reviewed 22 October 2012

We just returned from a fantastic girls weekend in Niagara on the Lake. Our rooms on the second floor at Abagales were a perfect fit for our group of six. The rooms were very clean and quiet. The breakfast's were scrumptious. Our hosts Linda and Walter were very accomodating and helpful. Walter had great insights into the history of the village. The hot tub was hot, clean and private. The location was walking distance to the downtown shops. We will return FOR SURE!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 24 September 2012

This b and b is very well located in the town of Niagara on the Lake. It is pale yellow on the outside with a wonderful wrap around porch.They also have a hot tub for your use. The inside is decorated in a Victorian style including the beautifully set dining room table. Our room had two large beds and a large ensuite bathroom. The hostess provided lots of local information and pamphlets on activities and events upcoming. We visited the art gallery. The breakfast we had included the best omelet I have ever had and I gave my compliments to the chef.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple