“We love this place.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Niagara-on-the-Lake
The Doctor's House B&B
“We love this place.”
Reviewed 3 February 2014

My wife and I have stayed at several B&B's in Niagara-on- the-Lake over the years. Ever since we discovered the Doctors House it has been are favorite spot. We have stayed there at least six times and have no planes on staying any place else. Lynne is fantastic and the location is second to none.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Youngstown, Ohio
Reviewed 27 October 2013

My sister and I just got back from a wonderful weekend in Niagara-on-the-Lake, Ontario. We were lucky enough to have been able to stay at this wonderful B&B. The owners, Lynn and Kevan were wonderful hosts, opening up their home to strangers and treating us like family. The house was warm and cozy, the food was beyond delicious, the rooms were clean and inviting, but Lynn and Kevan really made our stay more enjoyable. I loved sitting with them in their living room at the end of the day and just talking with them.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Ginnyk420
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 21 August 2013

Really easy to rate this B&B who has exactly everything we were looking for: Great hosts who loves to talk with people, amazing breakfast, super location right aside downtown and finally it's quite cheap for the quality you get. Thanks for sharing your recipe Lynne ;)
For those who wants to have a new best friend, just bring a bottle of scotch :)

See you next time

Kevin & Andrea

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Jenkintown
Reviewed 1 August 2013

This is the only B&B I wish to stay at when I visit this delightful town.
As always, our congenial hosts, Lynne and Kevin, were as gracious and helpful as ever.
Our arrival was later than usual this year. Instead of eating out, we simply relaxed in their beautiful garden, polished off the food we had packed, and enjoyed being surrounded by beautiful flowers. We then relocated to the spacious porch - a wonderful spot for people watching as they stroll down the main street.
This year I was given the "Spooky Room." a surprising name for a quietly attractive and restful room.I love the big, carved armoir with the nice bath robe inside.
Some things never change. Guests still have full access to the traditional dining room and comfortable living room. The freshly made breakfasts are as satisfying as I remembered. Even the price is a reasonable as it has always been. It hasn't gone up one cent!
The only curve ball was a city wide power outage caused by severe electrical storms. Fortunately, The Doctor's House has a gas range. Breakfast by candle light, courtesy of a dramatic candleabra, made our departing breakfast somewhat of an adventure.
I'll be back again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed 8 July 2013

The Doctor’s House is a charming early 19th century home at the northern edge of where it’s happening in Niagara-On-The-Lake. With two air-conditioned guest rooms (and a good-sized shared bath), guests have access to the art-filled and comfortable living (TV and fireplace) and dining rooms but most especially to the ample wrap-around front porch. Rooms are clean and beds/pillows very comfortable. Free parking is behind the house. The location couldn’t be more perfect. There is a coffee shop on the next block, a nearby grocery, and plenty of pubs, cafes, and restaurants within easy walking distance of this most charming town.

Our host is an expert in guiding you around the area, whether it be in the Niagara Falls direction or advice about the many vineyard tours or wine tastings of the region. Maps and brochures are available to use.

Breakfast is first-class. Plenty of fresh coffee and juice, fruit, and a varied by day assortment of eggs/pancakes/breakfast meats and freshly-baked muffins that will satisfy any appetite. The lovely host is happy to customize breakfast to suit your dietary needs.

I feel this B&B is an excellent value and can highly recommend a visit there.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Gartenkerl
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 30 June 2013

I recently stayed at The Doctor's House B&B can can only echo the other reviewers positive comments! I stayed in Charlotte's Room which was cozy and clean and was more than enough space for me. The washroom was a great size, very clean and well stocked with toiletries in case you might forget something. The location is great being only steps away from all the shops and restaurants on Queen St and only a short walk down to the lakefront. Lynn and Kevan were wonderful hosts with a great knowledge of the area and are only too pleased to help you decide your day's activities. To top the whole stay off, Lynn's breakfast was outstanding!! I will definitely be back and would highly recommend this B&B.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Amanda M
Jordan Station, Canada
Reviewed 25 April 2013

My husband and I had a lovely romantic getaway (sans kids!) here in late October, 2012. Nice, clean room (Spooky Room-which wasn't spooky at all!) and nice bathroom. The shared bath was no big deal as we were the only guests, it was all ours. The hosts were pleasant and onubtrusive-one quality I really appreciate as I've had annoying experiences at B&B's where the hosts are WAY too all up in my business, which I hate. Not the case with Lynn and Kevin. Just nice friendly folks. On our final morning we declined breakfast, as neither of us are "breakfast people" and Lynn was kind enough to send us on our way with muffins. We booked another stay for this May while there, only later to have to cancel because we ended up actually moving to NOTL in early April-lucky us! Also, I had forgotten a few clothing items in a drawer there and the hosts mailed the stuff to me. I highly recommend this place, the rates are great!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple