“first time b&b and loved it”

Historic Lyons House
Saint Thomas, Canada
“first time b&b and loved it”
Reviewed 21 May 2013

I actually thought about giving it a 6 out of 5. absolutely wonderful. fabulous service and hospitality. Upon arrival Howard met us , gave us advice, suggestions and helped make our 25th anniversary very special. Howard took us to the theater, suggested and made reservations for meals a wine tour and horse and buggy tour. I don,t think we could have been taken care of any better. also the breakfasts were very good. Beautiful clean room and great location with short walk to town. If ever back at Niagara on the lake I would not think twice as to where to stay.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Saskatchewan
Reviewed 14 May 2013

We recently stayed at the Historic Lyons house for May 9 and 10, 2013. Howard was awaiting our arrival, got us settled, and immediately offered wonderful suggestions for reservations for dinner. The house itself is immaculate, beautifully decorated, and very comfortable. We spent an evening in the back garden having some wine and conversation, the common area has very comfy couches with a fireplace which was perfect to read a book by on a rainy day.
Now for the breakfast..........absolutely top-notch! Howard's culinary skills are outstanding, we didn't need to eat again until suppertime. Gourmet food at it's finest.
I would not hesitate to recommend this property to any and all travellers, you are guaranteed a wonderful stay!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
Oakville, Canada
Reviewed 14 May 2013

My husband and I had a wonderful stay with Howard and Jolanta, who are the perfect hosts; mindful of guests privacy, warm and cheerful, and offering support regarding restaurants, wine tours and theatre. The house itself is beautifully decorated with fantastic artwork throughout. The grounds and the neighborhood are lovely, all within a short walk to the main street. The small touches of wine glasses, chocolates and spotlessly clean rooms, coupled with the sumptuous breakfasts ensures we will be returning regularly!

Brenda W

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Waterloo, Canada
Reviewed 25 April 2013

My partner and I stayed at the Historic Lyons House back in February and had a wonderful experience. The beautiful house, lovely owners and the gourmet breakfast (homemade croissants and eggs benedict, all with a delicious parfait) totally made our trip. It was my first experience with a B&B and was definitely a great introduction. I would love to go back in the summer to see this town at its finest. I would recommend this B&B to anyone visiting Niagara-on-the-Lake.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Bloomfield, New Jersey, United States
Reviewed 21 April 2013

My Husband and I stayed two nights at the Lyons House. The house is in the beautiful town of Niagara on the Lake. The house is beautiful inside and out. The rooms are extremely comfortable and gorgeous. From the moment you step in, a relaxing feeling sets in. From the welcome and the house tour, to when you finally lay down in the comfortable bed and pillows. Room has great TV and cable as well. Breakfast was amazing both days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Jolanta and Howard communicate with each other the information they know about the guests. So in the morning they had orange juice for me and plenty of coffee for my husband. Fruit, croissants, eggs. For my husband and I who did not have any idea about the wineries, Howard provided us with a map, the route we were to follow and coupons for each winery. We had such a good time we stuck to his schedule. Overall the experience was amazing, it was exactly what we were looking for. Will definitely go back. As mentioned in another review, the complimentary water in an upstairs fridge by all the rooms was perfect!!! Details details details. They did not forget a single one. Plus it was a joy to just sit and chat with them!!!!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 21 April 2013

This was our first time staying at a B&B, and came at the recommendation of my in-laws. It was wonderful! The house was gorgeous, and the hosts, Howie and Jolanta were so nice. The entire house was so clean and beautiful. Howie was extremely helpful in providing suggestions and insights on how we should spend the day, from wineries to restaurants to entertainment. The breakfasts were delicious....absolutely top notch. My husband is part owner in a restaurant in Pittsburgh, and he was blown away with the food and presentation. We cannot wait to come back! Thank you Howie and Jolanta!!

Room Tip: All three rooms had private baths, but one room had just a powder room, and then a separate large pr...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
London, Canada
Reviewed 17 March 2013

My boyfriend and I decided to stay at the Historic Lyons House when I had time off of work. We booked a wine tour through the owners as well. The house was amazing. It was built in 1835. It was very clean; my boyfriend has cat allergies and although the owners have two cats, he had zero allergy symptoms. The room itself was very elegantly decorated in rich colours, with a huge window and a four-post bed. The bed was super comfortable. The bathroom was a bit small, but that is just because it is obviously an addition and they had to use what space was available. The breakfasts were perfect. They always began with some sort of fruit and/or yogurt parfait, along with a main such as omelettes or French toast with sides and of course, unlimited coffee. The owners were very helpful in suggesting restaurants to dine locally, as well as providing coupons or discounts. We were also given tasting vouchers for area wineries, and suggestions on where to go as well. The owners were very hospitable: they even insisted that I borrow a coat one evening when it was quite windy, and my coat was not suitable. I will definitely stay here again, and highly recommend it to my family and friends. The next time, I will look into a spa retreat. The owner also frequents an area spa and can provide discounts there as well. Apparently from May 24 weekend through to the middle of October, this B&B is booked solid, so make your reservations now. You won't be disappointed!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple