“The ultimate 'mini-Moon'”

Historic Lyons House
Reviewed 15 August 2014

We received the romance package as a wedding present. This was the perfect retreat to unwind after the wedding. We were amazed that such a tranquil spot was located within walking distance of so many of the things that we wanted to see. From the moment we arrived, Yolanta and Howard took care of everything. Howard helped us to plan our visit by making recommendations and reservations and Yolanta thoughtfully adjusted breakfast to accommodate my allergies. This was definitely a mini-Moon that will long be remembered.

Room Tip: If privacy is important, choose the room with the ensuite bathroom.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank S P

Reviewed 10 August 2014

The house is lovely, the rooms are very nice and comfortable, breakfasts delicious but more than this the hosts are so helpful and gracious that you feel like you are staying in the home of wonderful friends. Restaurant suggestions, reservations, ideas of what to do, done better than a concierge of any hotel I've stayed in. We had a truly wonderful and relaxing stay. This is perfect couples get away. Trip advisor really works. Niagara on the Lake is beautiful.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank gwaltney
Reviewed 8 August 2014

How often do you find every aspect of your B&B experience top notch? From the moment I stepped in the door and was greeted by my hosts Yolanta & Howard, to the quality and ambience of the entire home & gardens, the room furnishings, the complimentary beverage fridge, and especially the fabulous breakfasts, I could not have enjoyed my stay more. Location of the Historic Lyons House is ideal...short walking distance to everything. My stay there for a two-day golf trip was too short. I will return soon, but with my wife next time for a romantic get-away. Highly recommended!

Room Tip: All of the 3 guest rooms are excellent.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank 774
Reviewed 5 August 2014

My kids Christmas present to us was a 2 night stay at Lyons House in Niagara on the Lake. It is a beautiful romantic get away!!! When we arrived Howie greeted and welcomed us into his beautiful and elegant historical home. The house house was impeccably clean and beautifully decorated. Howie was so friendly and personable. Our room was beautiful, four poster bed, fireplace and an ensuite. Wifi was free and there was a bar fridge just outside our room stocked with beer and water. Breakfast was served at 9 am....as you walk out of your room you can smell the delicious breakfast being made. Breakfast was superb, the blueberry pancakes were light and fluffy and the warm maple syrup with pecans was amazing. Howie had booked a wine tour for us and made dinner reservations. We didn't have to plan for anything Howie had taken care of everything for us. The grounds were stunning, a beautiful fountain and comfortable garden furniture made it very relaxing and soothing after returning from over the border shopping. The Lyons House is the best B&B I've stayed at. Both Howie and his wife Jolanta are so friendly and have a wealth of knowledge of things to do while your there. I would highly recommend the Lyons House. We loved it so much we are taking my sister and brother in law in August for her 60th birthday.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 August 2014

We celebrated our 5 year anniversary in Niagara-On-The-Lake as my wife booked this establishment. I had no expectations as I was given little detail except that it had very good reviews and my only job was to follow the directions on the GPS to get us there.

There is ample parking for guests and when we went inside, we were greeted by Howard. He was absolutely fantastic, friendly and very helpful. Made us feel welcome immediately.

Our room was cozy with a powder room ensuite and we had a FULL and LARGE size bathroom as our main. Jacuzzi tub, stand up shower and enough room to throw a football!

After checking in, Howard asked us what our itinerary was and give us suggests on where to have lunch and dinner. All his suggestions were wonderful.

As for breakfast... HOLY (bleep) it was DELICIOUS and filling. Started off with a berry yogurt parfait which was absolutely splendid and refreshing. Then we all had a croissant which reminded me of being back in Paris again. Our main was eggs benedict with pea meal bacon. THAT WAS HEAVEN!!! Truth be told, I am definitely not a breakfast person... but if I had this everyday... I'd be a converted man!

To me... the breakfast alone was worth it!

I would highly recommend this place to anyone who values hospitality, cleanliness and luxury.

Room Tip: Ask for the one which comes with the Humongous bathroom!!!
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Vayne
Reviewed 29 July 2014

We spent 3 nights at the Historic Lyons House in June when visiting NOTL to attend the Shaw festival. We have visited NOTL many times but this was the first time we stayed at the Lyons. It was delightful. The house is lovely, the accommodations clean and comfortable and the location is central and an easy walk to the theatres. The breakfasts prepared by Howard were wonderful! Also he provided lots of helpful tips on restaurants, wineries and local points of interest. We will definitely return.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Barbara481
Reviewed 29 July 2014

This was my first visit to Niagara-on-the-Lake and I decided to stay at a B&B rather than a generic hotel. I picked Historic Lyons House based on the location - a couple of blocks from the main shopping/restaurant area, the great garden in the back and the extremely positive reviews.

Jolanta and Howie were absolutely charming! Very warm, personable and entertaining - they are a wealth of information on the area, where to buy great pottery, or going to the lavendar store to recommending very tasty restaurants that weren't overly touristy. The breakfast they offer makes it worthwhile to get out of bed on vacation at an early hour (I'm a night owl) - they ask for everyone to join at 9 am which helps them serve breakfast to all the guests at once since it is just the two of them. I wish I had taken a picture of what they served because it was restaurant quality in taste and presentation! It was also such an abundance of food that I always skipped lunch.

The B&B itself is very clean, comfortable and elegant. I stayed in the Master Bernard Room which is the smaller of the three rooms but for a single person it was perfect. It faced the street but it was very quiet and not intrusive with car noise. You do have to remember a robe or covering if taking a shower since your bathroom is the one across the hallway...there's a small two piece en suite (sink and toilet) but having two bathrooms didn't bother me since it gave me plenty of elbow room. For those who like a leisurely bath, there's a jet tub seperate from the shower and a jar of bath salts to enjoy.

I booked the winery tour through Howie which made things easy since I didn't have to do more research on which tour group to use - figuring that they would only use a high quality one. All very convenient from booking it, to the tour to including the fee in the final bill.

Overall, I was so pleased I stayed here that I would highly recommend to anyone I know to stay here as well. It's a great location, close to amenities without being in the center of tourist chaos, plenty of parking, two friendly cats in case you're missing pets at home, lovely gardens to relax in after jet boating or shopping and lovely and gracious hosts that want to make sure you enjoy your stay 100%.

Thanks Jolanta and Howie!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo