“The Breakfast is worth the price! Ok, so is the bed, and the hosts!”

and 1 more site!
Chalet Bed and Breakfast
Reviewed 1 June 2014

I don't usually stay at B&B's but this one was booked for me by my wife. I've stayed in nice hotels in Niagara on the Lake and seen the plethora of B&B signs throughout the region. NOTL is a busy frenetic place, jammed on the weekends. The restaurants, wineries, shops all doing a brisk trade. The question is, how do you unwind but still be in close proximity to all that the region has to offer?

STAY AT THE CHALET B&B! Nestled off a side road in the heart of vineyards, this unassuming chalet has everything to decompress and entertain.

It all starts with a call from Elfie (co-owner) hours before check-in...any food allergies, when will you be checking in, do you have a reservation for the evening, anything else I can do? Ok, Elfie I'll need a taxi at 6:15pm to go to a winery for supper...done!

On arrival, Elfie waved me in and as I got out of the car she welcomed me and took me on a tour outside...a miniature working farm with sheep, chickens and...Alpacas! The warmth of Elfie is infectious and she takes great pride in her business and most importantly, her guests. Think of visiting that cool aunt, the one who slipped you a beer when nobody was looking, or let you drive that tractor well before you were ready to drive. Her interest in your story is infectious as well.

The rooms in the chalet are tastefully decorated, inviting and very comfortable. Very modern with an on-suite and a very comfortable bed. Being on a side road, the evening sleep was very quiet and the rooms were very cool and easy to sleep in.

At 8:30am coffee was waiting outside my room and at 9am. I was invited to the upstairs patio where Elfie greeted me to a beautiful view and...THE. BEST. BREAKFAST. EVER. The breakfast rivals anything you'll get in NOTL, hey even Paris! Coffee, juices....poached pear in Brandy sauce, and the coup de grace? Stuffed French Toast with sausage hot out of the oven...and, oh yeah, the cheese biscuits hot out of the oven. This breakfast would be over $20 in any high end restaurant!

At his point I was introduced to the other half of this dynamic duo...Gina. Gina, like Elfie is engaging, a visionary like Elfie you get the sense that these ladies didn't just back into this business. Their approach to the hospitality business is simple (should be copied, branded and used as a yardstick in any hospitality business)...create a place where people can unwind, in an environment that is inviting. Treat your guests as family and provide them the best.

I recommend the Chalet highly over any hotel in the region. Come and enjoy and meet these two dynamic ladies!

Room Tip: Both rooms are great...the selling point is the on-suite in each room
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank 78thHighlander
Gina D, Owner at Chalet Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Thank you so much for your kind words. The Stuffed French Toast was a family favorite at Christmas time, and so I decided I would include it in our menu and our guest love it. The animals are a lot of fun and they enjoy it when our guest visit as they get extra treats. Hope to see you again at the Chalet!

Reviewed 19 May 2014

This place was absolutely amazing. Elfie and Gina truly make you feel like you're right at home and the food is better than any restaurant you'll ever go to (ask for the stuffed french toast!). This place was 10000000x better than any hotel. My girlfriend and I will definitely be going back. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!!!!

Snir and Audrey :)

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 April 2014

We were only here for an overnight stay, but would like to share our experience with all. A beautifully, well appointed B&B, run by two wonderful ladies Gina and Elfie. The ambiance and the warmth shared was second to none. We are out -of -towners and truly appreciated the sharing of the farm life, in its simplicity. Accommodation was excellent with a most comfortable bed, fully equipped with all needs being met. Just wonderful. Hope we find our way back to this place one day soon...
Highly recommend this place.
Angie

Room Tip: lovely - room very comfortable, all conveniences ....
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 December 2013

I visited Chalet B&B in August 2013 and can't believe I let writing a review slip my mind until now. I've traveled extensively and stayed at many B&Bs, and even looking back after months, it's still one of the best weekends I've ever had.

This visit was sort of a couple's retreat; we used Chalet as a home-base and rode our bikes around to various wineries, which worked perfectly. The owners, Elfie and Gina, were so kind and generous, offering their gorgeous home and outstanding food and service. Seriously - the food was phenomenal, and every interaction was full of joy. The attached vineyards and small farm are perfectly picturesque, and offered all of the experiences that a "city mouse" looks to escape to. Fresh eggs, big sky, and their adorable ducks just burst my heart. I'm not a morning person, but I was up at 4am just too excited for sunrise and the chance to spend another day there.

We came looking for a bed to sleep in and ended up making friends and memories that we'll cherish always. I wholeheartedly recommend this place and can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 November 2013

Chalet Bed and Breakfast is not only a warm and cozy place but also home to farm animals. Every morning we enjoyed feeding the sheep, watching the ducks waddling around the land, the chickens bobbing around and the alpacas and Misty the horse grazing. It was a nice getaway from the city and only a few minutes drive to the main hub of Niagara-on-the-Lake. It is also very close to Chateau des Charmes winery. The hosts Gina and Elfie were hospitable and kind while the breakfasts were appetizing and well presented. Thank you Gina and Elfie for your hospitality and we wish you all the best :)

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 October 2013

We recently visited Niagara-on-the-Lake with friends, and were lucky enough to book both rooms at Chalet B&B. The rooms were beautiful, the beds comfortable, the breakfasts were the best I have experienced throughout my travels and the hosts Gina and Elfie did everything they possibly could to accommodate our wishes. In particular, their dinner recommendation and help in booking a table was very much appreciated, and we had a wonderful dinner experience. I can't recommend them highly enough!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 October 2013

Gourmet breakfast and excellent service from owners Gina and Elfie. The B&B is a bit out of the town itself, but well worth it because of the homey farm vibe. We brought bikes to get us from vineyard to vineyard while wine tasting, and the B&B is a great place to head out from. There are vineyards near by, but also many along the way into town.

Highly recommended!