“Short interesting visit”

and up
Private Winery Tour of Niagara-on-the-Lake
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Come visit this small century old peach packing barn that has been refurbished into a cozy winery, that produces only Icewine and every visitor is welcomed like an old friend. Open daily from 11am to dusk from September to June and 10:30 to 7pm in July and August. Enjoy our famous N'Icewine Slushies and learn about the secrets of Icewine. Try 3 Northern Ice Premium Icewines for $10 paired with a snack and find out the secrets of how Icewine is made plus the Art of Blending Icewine into Cocktails. Located just past Queenston on the Niagara Parkway; a short distance from Niagara Falls on your way to Niagara on the Lake. This is a unconventional, must see destination when you visit Niagara Falls and the Niagara Wine Region!
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Stairs / lift
Llandrillo, United Kingdom
62 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 115 helpful votes
“Short interesting visit”
Reviewed 14 November 2013

I have been on many brewery trips and this was only my second to a winery. The are totally different just like the drinks.
The setting for this winery is lovely and it is very well fitted out to make a tasting visit appeal to small groups and couples... it does that well.
I had heard of ice wine and as I was driving I had to miss out on the tasting and sales pitch but we bought some anyway. It's much dearer than a bottle of single malt whiskey (UK prices) but it certainly is different and very nice.
A good place to visit for an hour.... it gets 4 stars for being interesting and lovely fixtures and fittings.

Visited October 2013
Karenicehouse, Owner at The Ice House Winery, responded to this review, 19 November 2013
We are so glad you appreciate the details at The Ice House. We are excited to find new treasures for the winery and we are pleased that they all worked together to create an ambiance you enjoyed.

Rickydogg
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Little Ice Wine in Canada”
Reviewed 13 November 2013

I'm going to keep this simple. Best Ice Wine Anywhere! We were lucky enough to be really treated to a tasting extravaganza by one of the owners, Karen, She expertly explained the Ice Wine making process. She explained the nuances in tasting the ice wine. They provided amazing charts about the tasting experience. When you go, have the chart in front of you. It was crazy how you could taste the different flavors, in order, just like the chart says. A pricey experience, but worth every penny. If you are in the Niagara Fall or Niagara-on-the-lake area, you have to make this place a Must-Do.

Visited November 2013
We are so glad you had a great visit and enjoyed the Flavour Profile charts explaining the delivery of Icewine! We really appreciate your feedback, it really is helpful to know what is working for our visitors. Come back, soon.
Silver Spring, MD
68 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 109 helpful votes
“Loved it here!”
Reviewed 23 October 2013

When our plan to ride the Whirlpool Aero Car got cancelled due to high winds, we needed something else to do. I knew about the Ice Wines in the area, but had never tried them before. We just happened upon The Ice House on our way around the Niagara On The Lake area. The place from the outside is not inviting like many other wineries, but don't let that stop you. I loved the original look on the inside and quickly made our way over to the wine tasting area. We tasted all 5 wine options (including a Riesling) and I think I might have overused the word "Yum" during the tasting. The Cabernet Slushie was one of my favorites and I can't wait to make it at home! My husband and I splurged and bought one of their 5 wine packages (this is EXPENSIVE wine), but I do not regret it for a minute! We were given a lot of great educational knowledge on how the ice wines are made (lending to the understanding of why these are so expensive) and we were also told several recipes. I Highly recommend this winery!

1 Thank hikerchick10
We are grateful that you were able to turn the high winds into a positive trip to The Ice House!
We are very happy to share what we know about Icewine and what we continue to learn. Stay tuned for our new Big Green Egg BBQ recipes that we will be doing in January. Simple recipes to that add a bit of magic with Northern Ice.
Northen Colorado
32 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“great place to try high quality ice wines”
Reviewed 17 October 2013

They tell you a short story about wine making and pour generous amounts with some snacks.It's the most complex,rich wine from the ones we tasted( we did another 4-5).
Not cheap, but worth at least tasting.

Visited October 2013
Thank you so much for your comments about the high quality of our Icewine; with over 30 years of experience, our wine maker believes a focus on quality is what separates good from great.
Muskogee, OK
35 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Delightful Experience”
Reviewed 12 October 2013

We stopped by The Ice House and sampled their delicious ice wine. We really enjoyed our time there. I am not a drinker, but their ice wine was superb. They are very friendly and helpful and guided us to a delicious restaurant in the area. Would highly recommend a stop by their winery!