“Loved!”

and up
Private Winery Tour of Niagara-on-the-Lake
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Now you can stay at the Winemaker's Lake House on your next visit to The Ice House Winery. This cosy winery, that produces only Icewine and every visitor is welcomed like an old friend. Open daily from 11am to dusk from September to June and 10:30 to 7pm in July and August. Enjoy our famous N'Icewine Slushies and learn about the secrets of Icewine. Try 1 Slushie, 3 Northern Ice Premium Icewines and 1 Icewine Cocktail for $15 paired with a snack and find out the secrets of how Icewine is made plus the Art of Blending Icewine into Cocktails. Located just past Queenston on the Niagara Parkway; a short distance from Niagara Falls on your way to Niagara on the Lake. This is a unconventional, must see destination when you visit Niagara Falls and the Niagara Region!
Useful Information: Stairs / lift, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed 5 October 2017 via mobile

I always loom to visitunique places when going on vacation. I like sweet wines and this place definitely had some of the best. You can't get ice wine in the United States so I had to enjoy it while I could. My first time visiting a winery and loved everything I tasted. Don't forget your wine slush! It was awesome.

All reviews
in 12 reviews
"sampling"
in 11 reviews

Reviewed 2 October 2017

We were in fact on the way to another winery when we saw this one and decided to stop by.

The winery specializes in ice wine and only ice wine. Ice wine is a laborious product...it takes so much time, luck (nature) and more to make so don't expect it to come by cheaply!

You can have some samples...I think 3 for 15 dollars. If you buy the wine there I think they reduce the sampling price or it was free (don't recall)

They have 2 red icewines...this is pretty rare as icewines that I know of are mostly white and the most common is "vidal" type. The staff member was friendly and informative.

I did not know about this brand because I have never seen it at LCBO but it seems that they are small and don't market their product at so many places outside of the area.

I think they have a tour...we did not do this or reserve it but it must be interesting to go on it!

If you are an icewine fan, you will like it here!

Reviewed 11 September 2017

Our group enjoyed the product and atmosphere so much we visited twice in one weekend! Quality ice wines and really fun spins on how to enjoy them. Kind, enthusiastic staff. Cute tasting area as well. A must-visit!

Reviewed 4 September 2017 via mobile

Among the dozens of wineries in the Niagra area, we happened across this little winery in search of Icewine. If you've never tried Icewine, this is the place to visit. Fascinating process to produce the wines and a delicious, sweet treat.