“An AMAZING B&B and experience!”

Copper Dreams Bed and Breakfast
Reviewed 26 June 2013

I have stayed in this beautiful Bed and Breakfast three times. The Vanilla Bean is my favorite room and the other two are lovely as well. Copper Lane is the most comfortable and ellegant B&B that I have experienced. The location is perfect (so close to Main Street) and sitting on the front porch watching the horse and buggy go by in the evening (with a glass of wine) is heaven! The food was delicious and was more than I could finish. We didn't want for anything.

The hostess Maddie is very friendly and pleasant and so helpfull; making reccommendations and arrangements for us each visit. Do not hessitate to book this B&B, I reccommend it to everyone I hear is going to NOL. I can't wait to go back!!!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
timetravellor, Owner at Copper Dreams Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2013

Thanks for your kind words!

The Vanilla Bean Room is our daughter's favourite room while our son and his wife enjoy the Cocoa Bean most - so it looks like everyone has choice!

It's great that you return to us each year, as our guests become like family! So many of our guests, like yourself, find us and then return with their friends and take all three bedrooms and have the whole "guest" part of the house to themselves.

I really look forward to your next visit in the Fall, thanks for booking ahead!

Reviewed 24 June 2013

It's quite amazing that so many B&B's get 5 star rating in NOL. This one has an overall 5 star rating and I'm at a loss for why that is.

We booked the Vanilla Bean Room (starts at $165). The room was on the main floor right off the porch. It was cluttered with too much furniture and very dark. Not much lighting in the room, especially if you want to read and you can't raise the blinds due to privacy issues.

We only stayed one night as our fave B&B was booked so we only had one breakfast here.

Probably the worst brekky we've ever had at a B&B. Soggy French toast filled with ricotta. Like trying to eat a wet sponge. This was served along with field greens. Not a good combo.We left most of it. Hostess just assumed we were small eaters.

At most B&B's we stay at the couple that runs it are very freindly. The hostess was quite friendly, but the husband would have nothing to do with us and slinked away every time we approached. Gave us a bit of a creepy feeling.

As the B&B are for sale I assume the couple have lost thier vigor for the business (if they ever had it).

I guess the capper was when the bill came I was charged $220 (including taxes, etc). On the confirmation that was sent to me at the time of reservation I was never told of the price of the room and assumed it was $165 as stated on the website. We went in May before the peak season.

Our fave B&B is $185 all in and is far far better than this one.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
timetravellor, Owner at Copper Dreams Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2013

I'm really sorry your didn't find your experience a 5 star as most of our guests do. I try my utmost to be a great hostess, which is why I took your one night booking when we usually require two nights anytime during high season.

Our website clearly states the Vanilla Bean room starts at $165 and is $195 from the beginning of our high season which is May 1st through until October 31st.. As you click on the date to reserve your room, it would clearly state $195 (as well as give you the tax amount which does come out to $220) for any day after May1st and most definitely for the end of May when you stayed.

The Vanilla Bean like all our rooms enjoys three large openable windows with both blinds to allow light control and full sets of curtains for privacy. Again, our description does say this room is on the main floor, right off the guest areas and so many people love this location on the ground floor.

Our breakfasts won't suit everyone's palate but I do go into great detail to make sure people are eating foods they enjoy. Our stuffed baked french toast is one of our most requested recipes for people to make for their own company. I hope you enjoyed your fruit first course and your dessert. So many of our guests have thanked us profusely for including some greens of some kind with their breakfast as it is so hard to fit them into meals while travelling.

As the B & B is my responsibility, my husband does leave the guests to me as I'm definitely the most chatty. Both of us would do anything to make our guests more comfortable and do go beyond most people's expectations!

Reviewed 30 May 2013

This was our first visit to Niagara-on-the-Lake, and we were so happy that we booked at Copper Lane. We had a wonderful experience. Our hostess was so friendly and helpful, and a very good cook. She was also able to help with some dietary restrictions. We got great advice on activities and local hot spots (wineries). The B&B was in a heritage house that had been converted. It was cozy and charming, and exactly what we were looking for.

Room Tip: The Nutmeg Room on the second level has a full Jacuzzi ensuite. The Cocoa Bean room on the second l...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
timetravellor, Owner at Copper Dreams Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2013

Always great to meet new friends from our western provinces! so glad you enjoyed our recommendations and thanks for the cooking comment. Just to let you know, the Nutmeg room has a two person soaker tub in the ensuite, complete with bubble bath!

Hope you both can come for another visit soon, there's lots more activities to do, special events to experience, beautiful nature to enjoy. And one day we will get Edmonton way to enjoy your special community!

Reviewed 25 November 2012

I was so fortunate to have booked the Copper Lane. It is close to the Main Streets of Niagara on the Lake. The look of the house attracted me when I booked. When I arrived, I was warmly welcomed by Maddy, the owner. The 1871 house was so well appointed and well maintained. The decorating was so very charming. The room was lovely. It had a pair of leather tub chairs. The one wall was all books. The bathroom was totally up to date.

Before supper I had asked for a recommendation about a great supper place. Not only did she recommend a place to eat which turned out to be fantastic, her husband Bill and 2 other guests accompanied us. The conversation was so lovely. After supper we were offered coffee and tea. The wonderful socializing lasted until about 11:30. The stories told by all, were so much fun. Maddy and Bill are so very gracious!

Maddy asked if there were any diet restrictions at the time of booking. The breakfast was one to remember in a very positive way. I recall that 4 out of 6 of us had diet restrictions. With the complications of the restrictions, Maddy did not skip a beat.

The experience at the Copper Lane will be blazed in my memory as an amazing experience.

I will be back!!

Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
timetravellor, Owner at Copper Dreams Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2012

Why thanks! we had a wonderful time at dinner, at the house after and thoroughly enjoyed your entire visit. It's so easy with such nice guests and that's what make running a B & B so great! I hope you do get to come back again soon, we'd love to see you again and catch up!

And so glad you like both the look and feel of the place, that's what made us fall in love with it as well!

Reviewed 5 September 2012

Niagara-on-the-Lake is a trememndous weekend getaway for couples. Although my wife and I have visited Niagara Falls more than a dozen times, we had never ventured to this great little village. Boy, have we missed out. The village is filled with a great vibe of international flavor. What a great way to spend time by walking down the village streets holding hands and talking, walking in and out of shops. You really would never know that Niagara Falls is just 20-30 minutes away. If you're looking for big, chain hotels, you won't find them in Niagara-on-the-Lake. Most all accomodations are by way of Bed and Breakfast homes. We had never stayed at a B&B before, so this was a first for us. We couldn't have been luckier than to have selected Copper Lane. Maddie was a gracious host that made us feel at home. My wife and I were able to sit and relax on the veranda to talk and watch. Breakfast was phenomenal. Maddie served a fruit parfait then some stuffed French toast. And what breakfast isn't complete without cupcakes for dessert? The room was very well appointed with a comfortable bed and as well as very clean. In addition to our stay we also went on a wine tour through six wineries in the region. Maddie took care of booking the tour, we had to do nothing but wait for the van to pick us up at the front door. The tour included tastings at 5 different wineries then a complete winery tour at Pilleteri Wineries. We left Copper Lane feeling refreshed and wanting to come back next weekend.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
timetravellor, Owner at Copper Dreams Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2012

I am always so glad when we are the selected accommodation for "newcomers" to the world of Bed & Breakfasts! We like to set the standard high so all our guests enjoy a wonderful experience. We're so glad you found NOTL and enjoyed your stay here! We'd love to have you back "next weekend" or anytime but be sure to book ahead as many times we are booked well in advance. Now you know how close we are for travelling we hope you make it back this way again soon!

Reviewed 26 August 2012

As part of an anniversary getaway, we treated ourselves to a night at Copper Lane B&B. We stayed in the Nutmeg Room which was very comfortable. The bathroom was huge and the bed luxurious! Maddie was a wealth of information and I was impressed at how she continues to research the resources of the area in order to give her guests informed recommendations. Breakfast was delicious, location was convenient, parking ample - couldn't have asked for more... except for maybe another day or two.

Room Tip: Something to consider: Vanilla Bean room is on main floor by front door. Other two rooms are on the...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
timetravellor, Owner at Copper Dreams Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2012

Glad you spent your anniversary with us! I do try to keep up with what's going on in town as we are such a busy community with the history, theatres and the wineries! I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay and hope you make it at least an annual tradition.

Reviewed 28 July 2012

This is an all around wonderful place to stay. Maddie is a wonderful host and made our stay so pleasant. She makes a great breakfast and the presentation of the food makes you feel so special and at home all at the same time! Definitely recommend!

Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
timetravellor, Owner at Copper Dreams Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2012

Thanks for the nice comments! Next time I'll make you our stuffed, baked french toast with my home made applesauce and raspberries instead of the ricotta which you may prefer! I'm glad you decided to stay the extra night and have some peaceful relaxation instead of hitting the big city! Hope you did get to enjoy a ballgame, and if not, on your next visit to the area.