“What a Great Experience !”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Prince of Wales

Prince of Wales
Toronto, Canada
“What a Great Experience !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2012

The hotel and especially the staff are top notch. We arrived on June 29, 2012 expecting a two night stay and found we were only booked one night. Well, the manager, Cooper overheard and immediately came to our aid. He set us up in a one bedroom luxury suite with complementary breakfast all at the same price of our original night. This was on a night that 20,000 people were expected in town for a concert. We will definitely be coming back as the staff went over and above “the call of duty” to help us. The rooms are spacious and clean and the staff goes out of their way to make you feel welcome. Well done !!!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Riser

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (425)
Durham, NC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2012

We did not stay at this lovely hotel but attended their lovely tea service. The friendly staff with bright smiles who attended to our needs and gave great suggestions for a lovely seat down tea service that included home made pastries and teas from around the world. The wonderful tea and delightful eats we're served on fine china. Take a moment and reserve some time to enjoy a relax full moment away from the crowds and live life like the royals once did in this lovely parlor.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank BRSIMPSON
Toronto
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2012

This hotel is extremely charming with loads of character and is in a wonderful location.

The staff is extremely knowledgeable and helpful and unbelievably polite.

The rooms were very comfortable and the food was excellent.

The gym was a bit on the small side but I'm thinking that it doesn't get a lot of use so that makes sense.

All in all a wonderful stay and I would definitely return.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
Thornbury
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2012

I booked a one night stay for our 25th Anniversary with my wife. We upgraded to a Superior Room, and picked the Spa Escape Pacakge. It was not cheap ($654), but did include 2x$100 certificates for the spa, and 2 - 3 course dinners in the Restaurant. Rooms were very nice, with a high four poster king bed. After checking in, we went down to the spa for our 50 minute full body massages. They were great!

Only complaint is when we ordered breakfast in our room. I asked if the toast came with jellies of sorts. Well, no jelly or jams.

Other than that, very nice place.

Room Tip: Ask for a street view
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Dunhampton
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Prince of Wales hotel last weekend. The room and service exceeded our expectations. The interior of the hotel was tastefully designed, the exterior beautifully maintained. We were pleasantly surprised by our room where old-fashioned accents and modern touches worked perfectly together to create an unforgettable experience. Comfortable bed, great music system, convenient central location. Charming and luxurious! Perfect place to stay in the historic Niagara-on-the-Lake.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Irina S
Paris
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2012

Excellent location in Niagara on the Lake. Walking distance to all shops and restaurants on the main street. A few minutes drive from most wineries in the area. The hotel staff are very hospitable and the rooms are very clean. The hotel has a pool, spa and very good restaurant. We always go back!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank pooj64
Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2012

I just got back from the Prince of Wales in NOTL and I just thought I would let everyone know how happy I am with how my event was organized but also with how amazing the staff were during our entire 3 week stay. From the moment I drove into the parking lot I knew I was somewhere special. The grounds and the hotel are kept in immaculate shape. The gardens are beautiful and are maintained around the clock. Staff are always available whether it is a quick question you may have or something that you need .....someone is always there with a friendly smile to greet you and assist you. When I got to the hotel I had so much stuff to bring in for my conference but Paul helped take care of everything. I didn’t even have to lift a finger. Everything was set up the night before by staff and was ready to go first thing the next morning. The conference set up and audio visual equipment was perfect!

My group was staying in “The 3 Feathers” room which is off to the side behind the pub. The room was beautiful, well air conditioned, lots of room, lighting and its own patio for people to enjoy on breaks. The service by the porters was over and above. To Matt, Jeff and all of the others – you really did such a great job. The porters were very professional, friendly and went out of their way to make people happy and to exceed the needs of my participants. The food for the conference was unbelievable. We were able to eat dinner at all of the vintage hotels, rotating from each property week to week. The service was impeccable by all. We had burgers put on the menu one night to change things up a little and even had a “pub night” at the Moffatt Inn one week. The working lunches for the conference were sensational. Soups, fajitas, gourmet pizzas, fresh fruits and salads! We were stuffed every single day.

Of course the rooms at the vintage hotel were absolutely stunning. Comfy beds, heated towel racks, jacuzzi styled tub and even a bidet in one room! On my first visit I received a welcome letter and a nice bottle of wine and chocolates. I also had to bring my dog along with me for the 3 night stay and was able to book a pet friendly room which was located just around the back of the hotel. It was a cottage style suite with an amazing bathroom! When I arrived at the hotel I was surprised to get a welcome gift for my dog – it had a whole bunch of treats for him. Very nice touch!

One thing that I really appreciated from Vintage was how they treated me as a client. I had not planned anything like this before and it was a large scale event for my company. Sharon from sales took me to all of the properties and showed me everything each one had to offer. It was a great tour and I am so glad I had a chance to meet with her and be able to get a feel for each of the hotels. After I had booked I was put in touch with the conference manager, Heather, who basically took it from there and assisted me the whole way through. She took all of the pressure off. She did everything from what to eat for lunch and dinner right down to booking the pub night at Moffat Inn and transportation to and from Niagara. I was not available to be at my event for the entire 3 weeks but I felt confident leaving it in the hands of our instructors. They were able to work with the hotel and staff in my absense and everything just went so perfectly - no stress. The success of our event would not be possible without Heather. Thank you so much for all of your assistance and a job well done. I would highly consider having our next event at POW or any of the other vintage hotels. I would also consider hosting a personal event with Vintage.

Stacey Long

Room Tip: If you want to travel with your pet make sure you check out the cottage style rooms in the back port...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business