We held our wedding reception at the Prince of Wales hotel on July 1, 2012. We can say, without a doubt, this was the best decision we made in regards to our wedding.
I first became aware of Vintages Hotels through one of their amazing wedding shows that I attended with my mom and sister. We were greeted with a glass of champagne and treated like royalty. We saw all three properties (Prince of Wales, Queen's Landing, and the Pillar & Post) and I fell in love with all of them.
My fiance and I met with Stephanie Allen a short time later, who showed us the Flower Garden at the Pillar & Post where we ended up holding our ceremony and she answered all of our questions with much attention and thought.
When I first saw the properties, I thought it would be way too much for our budget. But I was pleasantly surprised to find that they have packages that suit almost any budget. How can you say no to perfect customer service, gorgeous surroundings, scrumptious food and a great price? You just don't, and that's the end of it.
Once we booked, we had access to our wedding coordinators, Kaitlin Lepp at the Prince of Wales and Savannah Krantz at the Pillar & Post. Both responded to my emails and phone calls straight away, throughout the planning process, and both were amazing on the day of our wedding. Kaitlin and her staff unpacked and arranged all our decor on the tables and in the room for the cocktail party and packed it all up for us again at the end of the night. They even put our leftover wedding cake into plastic trays for us. There was not one hiccup (at least that I was aware of) on our beautiful day and I know it's because they are professional, skilled and naturals at this wedding thing!
The food was absolutely amazing and our guests are still talking about the hors d'oevres at the cocktail party and the risotto at the dinner buffet. The wine was paired by their inhouse sommelier and was a great match to the dinner.
Wedding aside, you'll find impeccable service all throughout the hotel whether for room service, porter help, complimentary valet, in the restaurant, etc. Everyone is so helpful.
We had the bridal suite for two nights and it was HUGE! We even had a mahagony step to get into the King Sized bed and we came home each night to a beautiful rose on the bed. The bathroom had a shower and jacuzzi tub and was big enough for us three ladies to get ready in together. I heard some of the other hotel rooms were quite small (I didn't see them) but they were still beautifully decorated.
I had room service on the morning of our wedding and enjoyed the wild mushroom omlette and coffee. It was the perfect food to start a long day.
All in all, it was a perfect weekend and I wouldn't change a thing. We look forward to going back and enjoying the properties again in future and will always hold fond memories of our time at the Prince of Wales (and Pillar & Post)!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Distinguished leisure and business travellers alike seek the elegance and refinement of the Victorian Age embodied in this treasured landmark hotel located directly on the main street of Niagara-on-the-Lake. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), TravelUp, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Prince of Wales reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Prince Of Wales Hotel Niagara-On-The-Lake
- Prince Wales Hotel Niagara Lake
- Prince Wales Niagara Lake