Prince of Wales
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Moffat Inn(Niagara-on-the-Lake)
Shaw Club Hotel(Niagara-on-the-Lake)
View Hotel
124 on Queen Hotel and Spa(Niagara-on-the-Lake)
Hotel Dallavalle(Niagara-on-the-Lake)
Queen's Landing(Niagara-on-the-Lake)
Harbour House Hotel(Niagara-on-the-Lake)
View Hotel
Oban Inn, Spa and Restaurant(Niagara-on-the-Lake)
The Charles Hotel(Niagara-on-the-Lake)
View Hotel
Best Western Colonel Butler Inn(Niagara-on-the-Lake)
1,888 results
All reviewschurchill loungeescabechehigh teadrawing roomtea roommain buildingbeautiful hotelthe salt water poolvintage hotelsmy husband and iturn down servicedeluxe roomhotel restaurantget awaytreated like royaltybottle of wineshaw festival
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 August 2008

Just returned from our 4th consecutive yearly stay at the Prince of Wales hotel and once again everything was terrific!
The Niagara-on-the-Lake area is just beautiful in the summer and the location of the hotel right on main street (and the starting point for the horse carriage rides) is absolutely perfect.
This stay was particularly was actually more memorable than others due to a minor problem with our room. No, not in having the problem but the manner in which the hotel handled the problem. They corrected the problem and then, without any prompting by me, they upgraded my wife and I to a suite as an apology.
As usual, our dinner at the hotel was fantastic, as was our late night dessert in the lounge after seeing a Shaw Festival play.
My wife also loved her 3-hour treatment at the Spa in the hotel.
Used their web site to see available rates for several dates and room types and then booked everything online.
The town is low-keyed and relaxing but it's only a short drive to Niagara Falls if you prefer some more "active" action at night.
Wouldn't stay anywhere else when going on our trips to Niagara-on-the-Lake.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 August 2008

My husband and I returned from a trip to Niagara-on-the-Lake, Ontario where we stayed at the Prince of Wales Hotel for one night. The hotel is magnificent and we experienced incredible service. The location was great - right close to all the shops and near most wineries (by car). We stayed in a fabulous suite with fireplace and jacuzzi. The staff was greal all around. We made great use of the salt-water pool and whirpool and it was really quiet. The gym was okay too. Don't miss the afternoon tea service! The price was a bit expensive for one night (400$) but was well worth it.

We also took advantage of the complimentary shuttle service to major wineries that way we could really sample some good wine withouth having to worry about driving!

This is probably the best hotel we have ever stayed in while visiting the area. Would definitely go back and spend the money to stay there again!

1  Thank genmar
Reviewed 11 August 2008

Niagara on the Lake is a bit like a small version of Victoria BC - somewhere Americans visit to experience a mythical old-fashioned British gentility - and the Pince of Wales is its flagship, with ornate furniture and terrible portraits of royalty on the walls. (I hope this is the last time I ever have Queen Victoria and Edward VII watching over me while I sleep!)

The hotel is housed in an historic property on the main street with additioonal rooms built into the adjacent old houses, which gives it a confusing and quirky layout. Food in the restaurant and the cosy bar was excellent, as was the afternoon tea.

All accommodation in this town is expensive and this hotel is perhaps the most expensive of all. There were moments when I thought the service was not quite as slick as it should have been at this price but the location and the food made it worth it for us.

If you plan to take breakfast in the hotel, it is worth asking for the breakfast package when you are booking or checking in as this will save you money.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ianewestt
Reviewed 5 August 2008

I had a work function at this hotel in July and was pleased with the size of the room as well as the very comfortable queen beds. My room was in a separate building while the rest of my party was in the main building. I didn't get a chance to try out the pool or the spa but from what I hear, both were fabulous. The building itself is beautiful and quite exquisite overall.

My main concern and complaint was the fact that the air conditioner was VERY noisy and I left the following day with an awful cough.

Overall, if I stayed in NOTL again I would stay here, but not for the exorbitant prices that they charge. I just don't get what all the fuss is about?!

Stayed: July 2008
1  Thank megs112
Reviewed 17 July 2008

A friend & I stayed at this hotel for a 'birthday getaway' and wine tour in NOTL. We took advantage of their summer promotion of $169/night on select dates, and were pleasantly surprised with our accommodations.

The hotel itself is in a wonderful location right on the main street (Picton/Queen). It's a beautiful, historic hotel located in a quaint area of the village. Based on some of the reviews and photos on TripAdvisor, I half-expected the building to be outdated and stuffy, but I couldn't have been more wrong.

The room was a good size for two people, and well appointed with two large (and very comfy) beds, CD player, TV ,etc. The bathroom was big, marble and well outfitted with a large tub/shower, heated towel rack, magnifying mirror, and even a telephone!

The front lobby and public areas of the hotel were incredible; Victorian decor, statues, historic relics and art works adorn every nook and cranny.

The staff were friendly and very helpful. Turndown service included the 'signature rose' left on the bed. Fresh fruit, bottled water and a newspaper were also provided.

I would definitely recommend this hotel to friends and family, and look forward to trying Vintage hotel's sister properties.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with friends