Prince of Wales
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Moffat Inn(Niagara-on-the-Lake)
Shaw Club Hotel(Niagara-on-the-Lake)
View Hotel
124 on Queen Hotel and Spa(Niagara-on-the-Lake)
Hotel Dallavalle(Niagara-on-the-Lake)
Queen's Landing(Niagara-on-the-Lake)
Harbour House Hotel(Niagara-on-the-Lake)
View Hotel
Oban Inn, Spa and Restaurant(Niagara-on-the-Lake)
The Charles Hotel(Niagara-on-the-Lake)
View Hotel
Best Western Colonel Butler Inn(Niagara-on-the-Lake)
1,902 results
All reviewschurchill loungeescabechehigh teadrawing roomtea roommain buildingbeautiful hotelthe salt water poolvintage hotelsmy husband and iturn down servicedeluxe roomhotel restaurantget awaytreated like royaltybottle of wineshaw festival
Reviewed 23 April 2014

We stayed for 2 nights in a upgraded room. Check in was quick and friendly, even though they were very busy. Room was clean and a good size with a king bed. Enjoyed a drink in the pub before heading out to dinner in NOTL. The next night we dropped in later in the evening for a drink and the bar staff remembered our names and what we had to drink the night before. Nice touch. Very enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Kelly E, General Manager at Prince of Wales, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2014

Dear lucus82,

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Prince of Wales Hotel on TripAdvisor. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed a wonderful weekend with us! It sounds like our team in the Churchill lounge helped to make your time here very special, which is the ultimate goal for our guest's experience.

We hope you will visit us again whenever your travels bring you back to beautiful Niagara on the Lake!

Kind Regards

Reviewed 20 April 2014

Niagara on the Lake is a beautiful little town just down the road from Niagara Falls. While the falls has a bustling Vegas feel, Niagara on the Lake is a throw back to 1800 English charm. The jewel of the area is the Prince of Wales hotel. We have stayed there multiple times and have always enjoyed the five star experience. The restaurant offers outstanding meals and make sure to ask to speak to the wine steward, who will not only educate you on good wines but engage you in good conversation. For a pre or post dinner drink the Churchill lounge is the place to go. It has beautiful big red leather chairs, a fireplace and very accommodating and engaging staff. If you have the time, the spa on the bottom floor offers a host of services and while we have only occasionally used it, the times we did we enjoyed it. Only once did we have a mishap at the hotel when the room was not ready at the time of the designated check in. However, the staff owned the error and made a reasonable accommodation, which we have always seen as the mark of a great place -- as no one is ever perfect.

If you are there for a romantic getaway make sure to ask for a deluxe king room. They are large and beautifully decorated. One of the wonderful touches is that there is bottled water and oranges waiting when you arrive in your room along with a Bose radio playing. The deluxe rooms have Jacuzzi tubs and separate rain showers. The hotel is located on the village thoroughfare and is within walking distance to all the shops and theaters. Also, take the time to have high tea in the proper British tradition.

If you are thinking of spoiling yourself in the area, this is the place to do it.

2  Thank MichGill2010
Kelly E, General Manager at Prince of Wales, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2014

Dear MichGill2010,

What a pleasure to read your review on TripAdvisor! I certainly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with everyone. As a repeat guest to the hotel it is wonderful to hear that all of your experiences have been very positive.

Please come back and visit so we may spoil you some more!

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 19 April 2014

My husband and i had a over night stay to celebrate are 14th wedding anniversary. Our check in was fast and friendly thanks to Katey. Our room was amazing, so romantic, #203, canopy bed, fire place and huge bathroom with jacuzzi tub. We enjoyed a early check in and went to the Churchill lounge for lunch. We decided to have a drink before lunch and sat at the bar first. Ryan, was awesome, he was so informative with all the variety's of draft they have, my husband loves to try new beer and Ryan's knowledge blew him away, he knows his stuff! After our drink we sat at a beautiful table in front of the gorgeous fireplace, which on the rainy day that it was, made it so delightful! So cozy! Our server Kelly was knowledgeable of the menu, and so friendly. Between her and Ryan they served us like we were royalty! My husband had the burger, and I had the butter lettuce salad with chicken, both fresh and delish! We went back to the room due to the weather, but the room was so comfortable and relaxing, I did'nt want to leave to go for dinner in the dinning room, but so glad we did! Jack was our server, and he knows the menu, describes it well, and has such a charm about himself, we felt so cared for, and that we really mattered to him, not just another guest. And we loved Fred!!! he 's all about the wine! Love that guy! On to a after dinner drink back in the Churchill lounge, our server Kerri was so friendly and warm, she took such good care of us. I cannot say enough about the staff, they are like family, the food was amazing in the lounge and dinning room, we will be back, it was a great experience for us both. The place is so beautiful and warm, just as the staff, and with that combination Prince of Wales you have won this couple!! Thank you for a wonderful stay!

2  Thank jodivan

Dear Jodivan,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share all of your wonderful feedback on TripAdvisor!
I am very pleased to hear that our wonderful Food & Beverage team has left such a positive impression on you. It sounds like your stay was perfect from start to finish.

Thank you again and we hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Kind Regard,

Reviewed 15 April 2014

I wish we could have stayed longer and enjoyed more of the amenities at the Prince of Wales.

My boyfriend and I came down to NOL for the weekend to see a show at Shaw and decided to spend the night at the Prince of Wales. We enjoyed a large room with a fireplace, king size bed and jacuzzi tub. The room was beautiful and quiet. About an hour after checking in we had a knock on our door from a customer service agent just wanting to make sure everything was up to our standard. I thought that was a nice touch, coming to check in rather than waiting for a complaint call.

The bathroom was huge with a seperate shower. It was really nice to enjoy the rainfall shower head and heated towel rack in the morning. We didn't have time to take advantage of the jacuzzi, something I definitely want to try out next time.

My only complaint is that it would have been nice if there was more than one person working the front desk. There wasn't long line to check in, but the people in front of us had a lot of questions and the only clerk working was occupied dealing with them. They were there first, so I understand... it just would have been nice not to have to wait behind them asking for restaurant recommendations and directions to different local attractions when all we had to do was swipe our credit card and get our keys.

Didn't check out the spa packages but we look forward to trying them next time. Already talking about coming down again next year and maybe making it a longer stay.

2  Thank Sandra K
Reviewed 13 April 2014

Although we have been to NOTL many times we have never stayed the night, so when our niece told us her wedding was going to be at the Prince of Wales we were very excited.
The hotel is clean, everyone of the staff were more then accommodating to our needs, when we got to our room, we couldn't find a nice machine so I called the front desk to see where the closest one was and the woman gave me directions, but said why don't I just have someone bring you up a bucket if ice for you instead & it arrived not even 10 minutes later. The keurig in our room only had coffee pods but when I asked at the front desk if they had ones for tea they said we do and got me 2 for the room. The only down side was that our room was not near any other family staying at the hotel so we were constantly walking back & forth.
The room the ceremony was in was done so beautifully, Kaitlin the coordinator for our event was ever present to answer questions, guide us to where we were going, checking on things all with a smile on her face. The bartenders and wait staff were on top of everything, all we had to do was ask and they made sure we had what we needed. They were friendly, personable, but yet very professional. What a great example they are for your industry.
We will definitely be planning another stay soon.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Hushpuppie44
Kelly E, General Manager at Prince of Wales, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2014

Dear Hushpuppies 44,

What a delight to read your review on TripAdvisor! I truly appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback. I am very pride of my team here at the Prince of Wales and it through positive feedback like yours that they continue to be inspired to go above and beyond everyday.

I hope you will join us again in the very near future.

Kind Regards,