“Perfect Location but the hotel was just fine.”
Review of Prince of Wales

Prince of Wales
Reviewed 22 June 2014

The room was OK in terms of size, LCD TV and BOSE sound system. The rooms has fridges and they give you 2 bottled water everyday. The bathroom was good and large with bathtub. They have some rooms outside the main building.

Room Tip: The rooms has Split Unit AC is very noisy don't know if they have any rooms with central AC.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank AHMED81

999 - 1,005 of 1,773 reviews

Reviewed 22 June 2014

I stayed at the hotel on business with a colleague. Our rooms, a higher category, were on the second floor of the building adjacent to the main lobby. Getting to the rooms with luggage was difficult as we had to navigate many stairs and doorways. The rooms themselves have an Old English feeling. The bathroom was modern and the room somewhat fresh. Sadly, the room was a perplexing place to be comfortable.

Some areas of concern:
1. My room had no nightstand for me to leave a clock, phone or anything by the bed.
2. The climate control had one setting, hot, so I opened windows.
3. Only 2 small windows can be opened one of which fell out of the frame and the other had a broken spring and would not stay open.
4. It was hard to find an outlet and I could not work at the desk.
5. My faucets leaked
6. It was loud and noisy

Beyond that I had breakfast at the restaurant and must say it was the worst hotel breakfast I have had in some time. Poorly prepared dishes that were bland and cold. All that for $30. In addition, the hotel failed to send out my laundry and I was left with dirty clothes for the next legs of my trip.

While I like the location I cannot say this is a very grand hotel. To their credit after 5 complaints the breakfast was credited off. At this stage I am rather unimpressed given the high prices charged even in the off season, combined with a poor guest experience. Might I add the have the nerve to charge a resort fee, that is shameful.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank FlyOneWorld
Kelly E, General Manager at Prince of Wales, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

Dear FlyOneWorld,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your stay at the Prince of Wales hotel. Please be assured that I take this feedback very seriously and I have followed up with our department managers regarding your comments.

It is by listening to our guests that we are able to maintain our four diamond service. It is our goal to no only meet our guest's expectations, but exceed them. I truly apologize for your disappointing experience and would be happy to speak with you, please feel free to contact me at anytime.

Reviewed 21 June 2014

Another memorable stay at the Prince of Wales.....attentive staff....small touches that make customers feel all the more special (oranges in the room, a rose on the bed for evening turn-down)......we will be back, no doubt about it.....solid, dependable and charming....

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AJTraveller2014
Reviewed 18 June 2014

We were married at the Prince of Wales on June 8th, 2014. I have to say that my small, fairytale, intimate wedding was exactly as I dreamed it would be! As it was a second marriage, were looking for something intimate and memorable, The Prince of Wales was the perfect venue! As we live out of town, almost the entire wedding was planned via email with Kaitlin Lepp. I told her my vision from the beginning, and she delivered on every aspect! She took care of planning the guest rooms, dinner, wine tour for our guests and even made sure the kitchen was able to provide refrigeration for the wedding cake that my mother had made. Jennifer Holmes with Clippings took care of the floral arrangement for me, and when I finally made up my mind, the arrangement was breathtaking. Our head server Ryan (sorry, I don't know his last name), was a pleasure to deal with and polite, courteous and knowledgeable with all of our guests at our meals. The entire event from first contact with the hotel, to our departure was all so easy. I think I may have to add Kaitlin to my Christmas List, because for me being so far away, and not knowing what to expect upon my arrival, everything was absolutely perfect. All of the guests have commented on how it was the most beautiful and memorable wedding they have ever attended. I really owe all my thanks and gratitude to the staff of the Prince of Wales, but especially Kaitlin! Thanks Kaitlin, we are hoping to visit your establishment every June 8th from now on :)

Room Tip: All of the five rooms that we booked on the third floor were breathtaking. I had read on previous tr...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Kathy B
Reviewed 17 June 2014

We were married at the Prince of Wales Hotel on April 5th, 2014. What can we say? THANK YOU and your staff so much for a fantastic Wedding Day! Warren and I could not have asked for a better day. We think every bride needs a Kaitlin Lepp - you are an absolute pleasure to work with! We are so happy that you were so accommodating and could change plans at the last minute to keep everything under control. We know our families are very demanding! The guests had nothing but good things to say - the venue, the food, the service, the rooms were all wonderful! It was PERFECT!

Pictures posted on this review are by Jake Fry Photography ~ He's the best!

Room Tip: Every room is unique and wonderful!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Kelly E, General Manager at Prince of Wales, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Dear CassyD,

Thank you for the beautiful pictures and review on TripAdvisor! You are right...every bride & groom needs a Kaitlin to help plan their wedding day! I am very pleased that everything was PERFECT for your special day and that we could be a part of it.

We hope you will return to celebrate your 1st anniversary with us!

Reviewed 17 June 2014

There are many hotels to choose from in Niagara on the Lake, this hotel is one of the best.
The room was really well appointed. The bed was very comfortable, the room was clean and all details taken care of. The service was amazing in the Lounge. Wish that I had stayed another night!
It's old world style, so if you are looking for modern, this isn't it. The location is perfect.
I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 June 2014

We recently held our Employee Summer Party at the Prince of Wales in Niagara on the Lake and it couldn't have been more perfect! We worked with Kaitlin Lepp at the Prince of Wales to organize our event, and the thought and details that she put into helping us plan the event to ensure everything went off without a hitch was greatly appreciated! She was very patient and thorough as we had a million questions for her through the planning process, and she was extremely helpful and knowledgable! The rooms were absolutely lovely,the service was exceptional, the food was to die for, and overall everyone had an absolutely amazing experience!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear Melisa1980,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on TripAdvisor. It sounds like your summer employee party was everything you had hoped for! Kaitlin always does a wonderful job helping our guests plan the perfect event. I am glad to hear everyone enjoyed themselves.

We hope you will consider the Prince of Wales for another event in the future!