“Prince of Wales - exceptional accommodations and service”
Review of Prince of Wales

Prince of Wales
Reviewed 26 June 2014

We hosted a group of 45 women for 3 nights. All expected a high-quality experience and the Prince of Wales and its staff did not disappoint! The rooms were beautiful and immaculate, and the staff was extremely kind and helpful - even with some of our odd requests! Our afternoon tea was exceptional. We received a truly royal treatment throughout out stay. Can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Kelly E, General Manager at Prince of Wales, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

Dear BarbH,

Thank you so much for your kind words! I am so glad that everyone enjoyed their time here at the Prince of Wales Hotel and that you received the "Royal Treatment". Afternoon Tea in our beautiful Drawing Room is a very unique experience and I am so pleased all of the ladies enjoyed it!

I am very proud of our team here and happy that they were able to accommodate all of your requests.

I hope you will consider us again whenever your travels bring you to Niagara on the Lake.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

We recently hosted a team meeting at the Prince of Wales for about 30 attendees from June 9-12. The hotel proved to be the perfect setting for our event with easy access to the heart of the town. The rooms were well appointed with modern bathrooms and updates. I found all of the staff to be extremely helpful and professional over the course of our event. We were able to enjoy all of the facilities including a welcome reception at the hotel on the first evening and a lovely dinner at Queen's Landing, a sister property of the hotel, also within walking distance. Our meeting space was in the Royal Cambridge Room, a fairly new conference room located just outside the main hotel ... a beautiful room which offered plenty of space for our group in a more private setting. The only drawback was torrential rain one morning but luckily umbrellas were provided! We were very well looked after by Juan and Jordan who made sure all details were taken care of. Jordan was especially helpful and took such great care setting up meals and breaks and looking after our group .. it's obvious that the staff take pride in their work and want to make sure the guest has a good experience. I also have to mention that the lunches provided during our meeting were very good and surpassed my expectations. Delicous cakes and pastries too ... not your standard conference fare for sure. We hope to be back one day!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 June 2014

We had a meeting of 40 people at the Prince of Wales hotel. The sales manager, was outstanding in helping organize everything from the actual meeting and right down to fabulous wine/trolley tour (the guide was exceptional and added such value to the tour around history of the town and the vineyards we visited) The other activity we did was organized by Zoom rentals - also refered by the sales manager - they were outstanding. A group of 10 had rented bikes, helmuts and visited 3 wineries and a lovely tour of the countryside. They did the tour based on the participants biking experience. So very customized

Room Tip: Didn't use the spa so cannot comment on that.
1  Thank Marni B

Dear Marni B,

I would like to extend my sincerest gratitude to you for taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor. I am very pleased that our Conference Service Manager was able to help plan the perfect event for you. Our wine trolley tours are very popular with our guests and are offered on a daily basis in both the morning and afternoon. It is a great way to see our beautiful little town and enjoy some of our great wines.

I hope everyone in your group enjoyed their time here and hope you will choose the Prince of Wales to host another event in the future.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

Hosting an Annual General Meeting for 30 people was made so easy by the organized, hard working staff of this hotel. The event, which happened this past weekend, went off without a hitch. The food, service, and condition of the hotel is outstanding. The hotel, with its charm, is quite interesting as few rooms are identical, all with their own character. NOTL is a great site for any convention, with food, shopping, wineries, golf, and even casinos nearby, offering lots to choose from for entertain. We will stay here again!

Dear John D,

Thank you very much for choosing the Prince of Wales to host your event. I truly appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback on TripAdvisor! I am very pleased to hear our conference service team helped to make your meeting a success and I will share your comments with them.

The location of the hotel makes all the town has to offer very accessible, I hope your delegates were able to enjoy some of the wonderful activities.

We hope to have the chance to host you again in the future.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

The room was OK in terms of size, LCD TV and BOSE sound system. The rooms has fridges and they give you 2 bottled water everyday. The bathroom was good and large with bathtub. They have some rooms outside the main building.

Room Tip: The rooms has Split Unit AC is very noisy don't know if they have any rooms with central AC.
1  Thank AHMED81
Reviewed 22 June 2014

I stayed at the hotel on business with a colleague. Our rooms, a higher category, were on the second floor of the building adjacent to the main lobby. Getting to the rooms with luggage was difficult as we had to navigate many stairs and doorways. The rooms themselves have an Old English feeling. The bathroom was modern and the room somewhat fresh. Sadly, the room was a perplexing place to be comfortable.

Some areas of concern:
1. My room had no nightstand for me to leave a clock, phone or anything by the bed.
2. The climate control had one setting, hot, so I opened windows.
3. Only 2 small windows can be opened one of which fell out of the frame and the other had a broken spring and would not stay open.
4. It was hard to find an outlet and I could not work at the desk.
5. My faucets leaked
6. It was loud and noisy

Beyond that I had breakfast at the restaurant and must say it was the worst hotel breakfast I have had in some time. Poorly prepared dishes that were bland and cold. All that for $30. In addition, the hotel failed to send out my laundry and I was left with dirty clothes for the next legs of my trip.

While I like the location I cannot say this is a very grand hotel. To their credit after 5 complaints the breakfast was credited off. At this stage I am rather unimpressed given the high prices charged even in the off season, combined with a poor guest experience. Might I add the have the nerve to charge a resort fee, that is shameful.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank FlyOneWorld

Dear FlyOneWorld,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your stay at the Prince of Wales hotel. Please be assured that I take this feedback very seriously and I have followed up with our department managers regarding your comments.

It is by listening to our guests that we are able to maintain our four diamond service. It is our goal to no only meet our guest's expectations, but exceed them. I truly apologize for your disappointing experience and would be happy to speak with you, please feel free to contact me at anytime.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 21 June 2014

Another memorable stay at the Prince of Wales.....attentive staff....small touches that make customers feel all the more special (oranges in the room, a rose on the bed for evening turn-down)......we will be back, no doubt about it.....solid, dependable and charming....

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple