Prince of Wales
Moffat Inn(Niagara-on-the-Lake)
Very Good 4/5
Shaw Club Hotel(Niagara-on-the-Lake)
Great 4.5/5
124 on Queen Hotel and Spa(Niagara-on-the-Lake)
Excellent 5/5
Hotel Dallavalle(Niagara-on-the-Lake)
Good 3.5/5
Queen's Landing(Niagara-on-the-Lake)
Harbour House Hotel(Niagara-on-the-Lake)
Great 4.5/5
Oban Inn, Spa and Restaurant(Niagara-on-the-Lake)
The Charles Hotel(Niagara-on-the-Lake)
Great 4.5/5
Best Western Colonel Butler Inn(Niagara-on-the-Lake)
1,884 results
All reviewschurchill loungeescabechehigh teadrawing roomtea roommain buildingbeautiful hotelthe salt water poolvintage hotelsmy husband and iturn down servicedeluxe roomhotel restaurantget awaytreated like royaltybottle of wineshaw festival
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Sitting outside in nice weather was great as we could see all the flowers. I can't believe how beautiful this town is! Our server Brandon was really great. He took good care of us and explained a lot to us. We are from Texas and we were not expecting such a cute town for shopping and eating right on Lake Ontario. We had never had icewine so Brandon explained to us how its made and we loved it! We loved our turkey Panini with frites (fries). We asked for ketchup and they gave us a new tiny glass bottle. How cute. They also have Dijon mustard in tiny bottles but we wanted yellow mustard and Brandon found some in the kitchen for us. How great is he? It was a really special lunch and we walked through the hotel afterwards and it was really nice. We may stay there some time and have traditional English tea some afternoon!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tomster5
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Spent 1 night at the Prince of Wales hotel this past Friday. Stayed in suite#302 and to be honest it was not anything special.. The room (in my opinion) is rather dated ( furniture & bedding) and the rooms were very dark.. Turn down service is not anything special?? they left 1 yellow rose yet forgot to turn down the cot & sofabed. ( which they did after I had to call housekeeping.) The hotel staff (front desk/housekeeping/waitstaff) are all very friendly however I dont think that I would stay here again. We had breakfast included in our rate & it was OK...service was very good however if your restaurants opens for 7:00Am then it should be ready for 7:00AM not 7:25...it is not a big deal but I felt like I was in their way....

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank coco45
Reviewed 27 July 2014

This hotel is not only a lovely buidling in the centre of a stunning town and region, but provides truly exceptional service. From the moment we called for reservations to check-in and every interaction with hotel staff thereafter, service was polite, attentive, friendly, and pleasant. Every staff member seemed willing to go out of their way to be of assistance. In addition, the breakfast buffet was fantastic, the room was extremely spacious, and the location perfect for touring the town, the wine region, or attending the Shaw Festival. I would stay here again without hesitation, and I look forward to doing so.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Kelly E, General Manager at Prince of Wales, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Dear Torontogal5,

It was wonderful to read your review on TripAdvisor following your recent visit to the Prince of Wales Hotel. I am very proud of my team and appreciate you taking the time to mention the exceptional service you received from them. Our location on the main street in Niagara on the Lake is perfect, we are within walking distance to all the wonderful shops, restaurants and theatre or if you wish we have a convenient complimentary shuttle available for you.

I do hope you will join us again in the near future.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

We stayed in a fireplace suite for two nights and found the room to be large, well appointed and in good repair. Bathroom had a jacuzzi and shower and was luxurious. While it was July, we had a summer polar vortex going on and used the fireplace both nights. We had to call for service twice to get decaf coffee and they were very prompt. I thought bed was comfy but husband did not like the overstuffed pillows.flowers in front of hotel were gorgeous and common rooms charming and decorated in Victorian style. Dinner in Churchill lounge one night was good but skip the other more formal, expensive restaurant. We ate dinner in the formal restaurant and were hugely disappointed. Service was painfully slow and we had to return after the theatre for dessert despite allowing two hours for our dinner. So basically two hours for appetizers and entree! Entrees were good but appetizers and dessert were poor. We ordered the dessert the waiter claimed best and didn't finish it! They were out of ice cream so couldn't even get that. Have you ever had a bad dessert with no other better option? Great location for hotel, close to all theaters and shops. Overall, great hotel but dine elsewhere.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Susan B,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on TripAdvisor. I am happy to read that you found your suite comfortable and you enjoyed your spacious bathroom with oversized jetted tub. I was very sorry to read that you did not enjoy your dinner in Escabeche, it is our goal to exceed our guest's expectations and unfortunately we were not able to do that for you. I hope you might reconsider and try it again on your next visit to Niagara on the lake.

Thank you again for your feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

We didn't stay at the hotel as we just were on a day trip, but we stopped in at the Churchill Lounge for lunch and we were treated royally. The food was excellent and our server Travis made our experience there very enjoyable. We would definitely go there again. Next time we might even partake of high tea in the tea room.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Mermaidqueenca

Dear Mermaidqueenca,

Thank you for joining us in the Churchill lounge at the Prince of Wales Hotel! I am pleased to hear Travis treated you like royalty during your lunch. Afternoon tea in our Drawing room is a wonderful experience and I would encourage you to try it the next time you are in town. I would like to thank you for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor and we look forward to hosting you again in the near future.