Must say first off that I was not actually a guest at the hotel. I visited the hotel for traditional high tea as I have numerous times in the past. Apparently they were not prepared for the number of people that came for tea that day as they ran out of most food items before tea service was over. I was very disappointed as I had brought a friend there specifically to try the tea. It's difficult for me to understand how they could actually run out of food. The only thing they had available were the tea sandwiches which unfortunately were also disappointed. On my previous visits they served traditional sandwiches but have recently switched sandwich types. In fairness, we were informed of the sandwich types in advance but being that there was no other food available, decided to give them a try. It should be noted that we paid a "sandwich only" price instead of the full price for traditional tea.
We spoke to the couple at the table next to us and they were guests of the hotel and had actually made a reservation for the tea but they too did not get the full assortment of food items.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Distinguished leisure and business travellers alike seek the elegance and refinement of the Victorian Age embodied in this treasured landmark hotel located directly on the main street of Niagara-on-the-Lake. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TravelUp, Agoda, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Prince of Wales reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Prince Of Wales Hotel Niagara-On-The-Lake
- Prince Wales Hotel Niagara Lake
- Prince Wales Niagara Lake