“Great Conference Hotel”
Review of Queen's Landing

Queen's Landing
Reviewed 11 May 2012

I had the pleasure to attend a lovely business conference at Queen's Landing.

The location is right on the river with nice views of the marina and boats. It's a longer than anticipated walk to the downtown stores and theatre, but our weather was nice, so the walk was enjoyable. Rooms were spotless, spa-like washrooms with an in-room fireplace. I'd request a room with water views, otherwise you're looking over the parking lot.

Meals in the main dinning room were great and service is very attentive. Lots of staff to take care of all your guests needs.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business

Reviewed 11 May 2012

I recently spent 4 days in this Hotel with my wife as a romantic escape. The Hotel is very nicely situated just a few blocks from the historic downtown and very close to the Shaw Festival Theatre. We had asked the Hotel to get tickets for us to one of the plays and they came through for us, kudos! Our room was very nice with a view of the marina but over a parking lot, staff I think. The rooms are air conditioned but the window also opens and we were able to have fresh air and dispense with the noise of the AC. We were there in the off season so parking etc was not an issue. The common areas are very pleasant and their business centre is first rate. There are wonderful walking trails close by as is the entry to Ft. George.
We did have one major glitch. On our last day we had decided to check out and then have one last, nice breakfast in the restaurant which has a beautiful view. We went to the restaurant and though it was clearly open, there was no one to serve us. The hostess indicated that all of the staff had been called to a meeting and that no one was there. I was incredulous, but she insisted this was the case. We went back to the front desk and complained. The clerk there called the hostess and was equally surprised and upset saying that it was totally unacceptable. She said she would pass our concerns on to the manager. Normally, this would not have been a big deal, but we had really been looking forward to the breakfast as a wonderful end to our vacation and it really deflated us and left a bad taste in our mouths right at the end of the stay. Since then the Hotel has contacted us and is comping our last nights stay as a way of apologizing. While I appreciate this gesture it does not change the emotions or our last memory of the stay. This is really too bad as this is a too good a Hotel to let a slip like this spoil a stay.

Room Tip: Ask about proximity to parking lots. We had a view room but it was right over a parking lot that was...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 May 2012

I have had the pleasure of working with a number of hotels and conference centres these past few years, planning conferences and retreats. I must say that one of the ultimate pleasures is working with the team at Queen’s Landing in Niagara on the Lake (Vintage Inn). From the beginning planning stages, you know you are working with professionals who have done this many times. They make my job so much easier and are always happy to go ‘the extra mile’ in order to have the event a total success

From those that attended the conference, I have had many thank you(s) expressing delight with their rooms, the food and the enjoyment of staying at such a wonderful establishment with staff that are pleasant, courteous and helpful. I couldn’t miss making extra special thanks to Sharon Barton and Peggy Cernick…you make my job so much easier and besides, you are an absolute pleasure to work with! Thank you to you both!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
GMQueenslanding, General Manager at Queen's Landing, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2012

Hello Carole:

I wanted to send along my appreciation for your wonderful review of Queen's Landing for your recent conference. We appreciate your VIP repeat business over the years and truly enjoy welcoming your group back! Sharon and Peggy both enjoy working with you and I will be sure to pass along your compliments to both of them!

All the best Carole,

Reviewed 7 May 2012

My mother got a great deal on the room and gave us a night stay for Christmas. We arrived on Jan 1 and left Jan 2. When we arrived there was maybe only two other couples staying in the whole place so it was nice to be able to go to dinner in the quiet and get the best seats in the place for breakfast. Since it was just after New Years Eve there was lots of balloon bouquets (which our toddler daughter loved) around and the lady at the pub told us to take as many was we wanted since they were just going to be popping them anyway. The pool is great and the changing rooms were very clean. Now we were traveling with our daughter who at the time was 18mths old and we asked for a crib and when they brought it up to the room it was what looked like a 1950's hospital crib with all metal bars and very skinny and just plain scary looking, clean but scary glad we had our playpen in the car. We also had an electrical outlet in the room and we asked if they had anything to cover them up, the gentleman couldn't find anything so he brought up some duct tape which worked fine for the night and suggested getting some of the pop in cover for the future which he agreed with. The staff was great, the room was awesome and if I can ever afford it I will be going back! :)

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 May 2012

I was hotel liason for our recent conference at the Queens Landing and, of all the hotels I have worked with over the years, this hotel was the very best. From begining to end, from the planning staff to the front desk and all the support personel everyone went far out of their way to ensure everything was smooth, and all our guests were happy. The meals we had there were excellent as well, putting that old expression about "hotel food" to shame. Certainly it would be t the top of my wish list should I need to run any type of function in Niagara-on-the-Lake again.

Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
GMQueenslanding, General Manager at Queen's Landing, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2012

Hello Peter:

I was so happy to read your feedback on Queen's Landing following the Cavort Conference. It was our pleasure to host such an important local event and we are so pleased that your expectations were surpassed. We truly appreciate your comment about "hotel food" and how we have blown that perception out of the water - cheers for that!

Peter - I must also thank you for the wonderful letter that you sent me with amazing praise for the hotel and our staff. I have shared your comments with our team and appreciate you taking the time out of your busy schedule to send along the letter.

We hope that we can host another event for you in the near future.

With appreciation,

Reviewed 27 April 2012

We wanted to take a moment to thank Queens Landing for arranging our recent YPA conference from April 20th – April 22nd – it was absolutely flawless!!

Marina, the Conference Services Manager was very helpful, professional and ensured our conference went as expected. We will certainly recommend you and the hotel to our colleagues and friends!!!!!!!

We wanted to share this with you because often times we only report back when there are problems and complaints. Your staff absolutely deserves a hand and these words of praise. They were very welcoming with a smile and a warm greeting, unfailingly polite, and beyond accommodating – they were absolute consummate professionals. Particularly (and in no specific order), Paul Kurek, Eugene Tendean, Walter Masternak, Mark Sommer, Frank Ludiciani, Colleen Bailey, Anthony Feor and Josh Rempel – please thank your staff for us (we miss them already).

Thank you again for everything you did to make our YPA Conference a SUCCESS !!!!! The YPA team looks forward to our next visit at the Queen’s Landing in the near future.

Room Tip: All rooms are fantastic at Queens Landing.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
GMQueenslanding, General Manager at Queen's Landing, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2012

Dear valued guest:

Thank you so much for sharing your positive corporate feedback with us reagrding your recent stay at Queen's Landing. We truly value the success of our groups and are always ready to welcome you back!

I will be sure to share your comments with the team members that you mentioned. We are very lucky to have such a dedicated team of individuals who make it their mission to provide exceptional service. How wonderful that you will recommend our hotel to your friends and colleagues - that is the best testiment to our service!

We look forward to hosting your conference again in the future.

Yours in hospitality,

Reviewed 23 April 2012

I recently stayed at the Queen's Landing hotel for my Firm's conference and it was such a beautiful surprise. Each room in the hotel held its own personality and treasure. The facility specifically for our conference was perfect for both large group settings and breakout sessions. The staff was friendly and helpful, the food was creative and delicious and the rooms were very clean and comfortable. The only downfall to this trip was the internet. As we were away for business, we tried to work online remotely on our down times, but the internet was so painfully slow, we were very inefficient in doing so. The hotel location was perfect as it was right on the lake.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business