“Patio Restaurant Terrible!”
Review of Queen's Landing

Queen's Landing
Reviewed 6 August 2012

I am sorry to say that the Patio Restaurant at the beautiful Queens Landing Hotel is not worth the money. Go for a drink only. The service provided by our waitress was very good. The food service was not. The food too forever to arrive. For the money it was over done, my husband recieved the wrong salad. Our hamburger buns were dry. Too exspensive and poor quality.
Take a pass. Save your money.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
GMQueenslanding, General Manager at Queen's Landing, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2012

Dear valued guest:
Thank you for your candid review of the patio at Queen's Landing. I am sorry to hear that your expectations were not exceeded. We do hope that you brought your concerns to the attention of the manager on duty so we could get it right while you were with us.

Please do join us again so we can ensure that you are pleased with the service and food quality.

Enjoy your summer,

Lily Kszan

Write a ReviewReviews (1,598)

Reviewed 4 August 2012

My husband and I loved our two nights and three days stay at the Queen's Landing! From the moment we checked in to the second we checked out, we felt spoiled and pampered.

First, we treated ourselves to a couples massage at the Pillar and Post spa and then spent the afternoon lounging in the hot springs and indoor pool. It was an incredibly relaxing experience! Wish I could be there every weekend :)

The turndown service was delightful! We found a single rose on our bed and our towel supply refreshed every night!

But the highlight of our stay was dining at Tiara at the Queen's Landing! The restaurant has an amazing dinner package for $60 which includes an appetizer, entree and a dessert. It is really a great deal since you can order any item from the menu...no restrictions whatsoever. My husband had the dinner package. He ordered the Tasting Platter to start, then moved onto the Beef Tenderloin and finished with the Chocolate Peanut Butter Tower. The Tasting Platter was the best thing we have ever eaten! We felt like we were eating dishes prepared by Iron Chefs! The scallop was soft and creamy, the mushroom ravioli was insanely flavourful and the mulled pear grilled cheese was simply awesome! We shared the tasting platter ... Which one of us could have easily and happily finished on our own. I almost ordered my own mushroom ravioli starter but wanted to save room for my entree. My husband loved the Woodland mushrooms that came with his beef tenderloin. I ordered the seafood parpadelle which came full of big scallops, lobster and shrimp in a not-too-rich or overpowering cream sauce! It was a pretty big portion...I only finished about half of it. The Chocolate Peanut Butter Tower hit the spot! It was not too heavy, rich or sweet! Just a perfect end to a perfect dinner! Our waiter, Rudy, was excellent! He was personable, had a great sense of humor and really wanted
us to have a memorable experience! He ended our night by giving me a beautiful cream/pink rose! I would highly recommend Tiara if you want to celebrate a special ocassion or if you want to give your taste buds a real treat!

The only feature I didn't like about the Queen's Landing was the pool. It was in the basement of the inn and was a bit dark. The flooring around the pool was extremely slippery when wet which made walking around that area quite tricky and dangerous. Compared to the pool at Pillar and Post, this one was drab, dark and outdated. I would have rather made the 5 minute drive to the Pillar and Post to use the pools there.

I would definitely stay at the Queen's Landing again. The location was fantastic... just a short walk to the main street. The staff were so welcoming and friendly. Plus it was pretty quiet even during its peak times!

I can't wait for our next weekend getaway to NOTL!

• Stayed: August 2012

Dear valued guest: I wanted to take the time to thank you for the wonderfully detailed account of your two day stay at Queen's Landing. How lovely that you had the opportunity to stay for 3 days so you could enjoy yourselves at our hotel and our sister property, The Pillar and Post.

I can certainly tell that you have an appreciation for culinary creativeness and that we exceeded your high expectations in the Tiara Restaurant. The peanut butter tower is one of my favorites as well and is a dessert item that guests come back for time and time again!

We appreciate you sharing your experience with others here on TripAdvisor and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

All the best,

Reviewed 4 August 2012

I stayed here for two nights. It is a good hotel but not world class by any means. It looks tired in some areas, and the decor is a little stodgy. The room was comfortable and clean but not particularly luxurious - for example, the bath towels are thin and rough. I did like having two sinks in the bath room and a make up mirror. Having turndown service with a rose on the pillow was a nice touch. The pool and exercise area were perfectly adequate but not special.

The service was attentive. The people at the front desk were helpful with things like umbrellas for a downpour, and the young man who drove the shuttle bus to the theatre was very pleasant. It was quiet at night and we slept well. The hotel is well located for an easy walk to the main theatre of the Shaw Festival and the main shopping street.

Downside: I resented having to pay for wireless internet on top of a substantial room fee.

We ate dinner in the Tiara dining room. I had a cauliflower and tarragon soup which was just fine, and then a pork chop on caramelized onions with apple au jus. The pork chop was cooked to order (medium to medium rare) but was so oversalted I could not finish it. I've never had such an oversalted piece of meat. My tongue burned from the salt! The onions were not properly caramelized, but simply steamed in their own juices until they were limp. Unacceptable for the price (I think it was around $35 for the porkchop.) Then we were asked by the waitress to write a favourable review on Trip Advisor. She even handed us a card with the Trip Advisor website address on it. Hmmmm. . . . .

We did not sample breakfast at this hotel, but after the experience at the Tiara we went to the neighbouring Zees restaurant at the Shaw Club hotel for delicious breakfasts. (See separate review.)

Overall impression: This is not an inexpensive hotel and for $260 a night and in such a special place as Niagara on the Lake, I want luxury, not ho-hum.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 August 2012

Great hotel in one of the most beautiful places in the world. The olde town is really spectacular and the countryside with wineries and fruit lands are amazing. Hotel is very clean and upscale but it is very expensive. Food is awesome but pricey. You must know when you come here that you will have an amazing time but make sure you budget higher than you think.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 August 2012

I just came back from an overnight trip to Niagara on the Lake on Thursday Aug 1 and a stay at the Queens Landing Hotel. IT WAS AMAZING!!!! It was a first class property from the staff to the room to the amenities. I was on a package that included delicious hand dip chocolate strawberries in my room with a bottle of local wine. Free shuttle service to the other Vintage properties. Beautiful pool and hot tub with waterfall view! The dining room gave me a choice of either the Breakfast Buffet(Lots of choices including pasteries) or off the menu including Eggs benedict with Hollandaise sauce for my complimentary breakfast!WOW! The staff was very friendly and professional,very attentive and prompt with my needs. I could not open the room
safe and maintenance was at my door within 5 minutes. The king size bed was fabulous and the room spotless. I walk 1 block to the Jet Boat Tour and 2 Blocks to Downtown! GREAT!!!!

Room Tip: I stay in the traditional guest room with a king size bed at back of hotel ..very quiet!
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
GMQueenslanding, General Manager at Queen's Landing, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2012

Hello Lisa!

I cannot thank you enough for your wonderful (and honest as you said it!) review of your stay here at Queen's Landing. We truly appreciate you sharing your compliments on our hotel here on TripAdvisor. The overnight packages that we offer have such great variety and value! We are so pleased that you were able to take advantage of all that we had to offer!

Please do come back and visit us again - your quiet room will be waiting!

Yours truly,

Reviewed 1 August 2012

Niagara-on-the-Lake offers a variety of venues to enjoy a meal, from pub fare to fine dining. When I am away from home, I appreciate that someone else will be preparing my meals! The food in the Tiara Restaurant is delicious to eat and beautifully presented. What is equally important is the calibre of service we received as guests. On this visit, and on our last visit (March 2010), Jill was our server for dinner. She is a seasoned professional. Her presence during our meal was timely but not intrusive. She was there to answer questions about selections on the menu, to ask how we were enjoying the meal, to remove empty dishes as needed, to refill water glasses. With her warm and genuinely friendly manner, it was easy to engage in conversation with her. We chose to have dinner at the Tiara in part because of the value of the dinner package, but I was delighted to find she would be our server for our evening meal. While I am happy to agree with Nadia's fabulous review of many aspects of Queen's Landing, in future visits to the hotel, I will be looking for Jill as my server in the Tiara Restaurant!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear valued guest:

Thank you for sharing your experience in Tiara Dining Room here on TripAdvisor. We truly pride ourselves on providing upscale, excellent service and we are so pleased that you were able to experience Jill's professional and personal service. She is one of our long service team members who truly enjoys meeting our guests and ensuring they are well taken care of.

You have a lot of choices in where to stay and dine - we thank you for choosing us!

Hoping to welcome you back again soon!

Reviewed 31 July 2012

Not great value for the price. Room smelled bad when we checked in, and there is no fan in the bathroom. Lots of dust and hairs stuck to the air conditioning control panel. Our 'summer lovin' package included breakfas buffet and wine, but for 420 a night including taxes, we expected a much cleaner and more modern hotel. At least it was quiet

• Stayed: July 2012

Dear Susan:

I was so surprised to see this comment! We go through a series of quality checks with each and every room before we allow a guest to check in so when I read this message, I was absolutely baffled as to how this could have possibly gotten missed. I truly wish that you let us know right away if this were the case as we would have insisted on moving you and making it right immediately.

It is comments such as yours that make us strive for perfection next time.

Enjoy your summer,