“An Enchanted Holiday Getaway!”
Review of Queen's Landing

Queen's Landing
Reviewed 2 February 2014

We bought a TravelZoo voucher (great deal!) and absolutely loved our stay at The Queen's Landing. The date we stayed fell right between Christmas and New Year's, so the hotel was exquisitely decorated in gorgeous whites, pinks, magenta and turquoise! This hotel is immaculate with a grand Victorian feel to it, and only steps away from the world-class Shaw Festival Theatre. Front desk was warm, friendly and efficient. Dinner at the classy Tiara Restaurant beside the magical 10-foot Christmas tree was beautifully presented and delicious! My husband enjoyed his well-done steak and my peanut butter dessert was a decadent explosion of flavour! Our Premium Room was spacious and luxurious and featured two windows with views facing the front and side of the hotel, a cozy fireplace and marble bathroom with a Jacuzzi tub. Also worth mentioning is the fantastic and serene pool, sauna and Jacuzzi area which has been recently renovated and would be perfect for a morning or afternoon dip. Albeit staying only one night, we had an incredible time and can hardly wait to spend a few nights here again in the summer to celebrate our wedding anniversary!

Room Tip: Premium Rooms feature a fireplace and Jacuzzi, perfect for cozy winter getaways!
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
GMQueenslanding, General Manager at Queen's Landing, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2014

Hello Monique: I wanted to write you and thank you for sharing your holiday experience here at Queen's Landing. Your time here sounds simply magical and we are so pleased that you were able to have a night away during such a beautiful time of the year! The hotel decorations were simply amazing this holiday season and we appreciate your compliments.

Thank you also for sharing your pictures with your post - my favorite one is of you and your husband in front of the Christmas tree leading into the Tiara Restaurant. You both look so festive and happy to be here!

Please remember us for your next getaway. The summer will be here before we know it!

Thank you again Monique!

Lily Kszan

Write a ReviewReviews (1,608)

Reviewed 1 February 2014

This is part of the Vintage Hotels group and a great place to stay in this region. The sleeping rooms are spacious and comfortable and the food is excellent. Staff are friendly, helpful and know the area. I have been here three times, unfortunately all in the winter. I have to come back in the summer since the marina is just a short walk away and the area is surrounded by parks and walking paths. Add this to the numerous wineries in close proximity and it's a definite destination you'll want to visit.

Room Tip: Ask for one facing the water.
Reviewed 30 January 2014

Our company recently held a weekend retreat at Queen's Landing. Amazing venue for meetings! The food is amazing and the guest rooms are super comfy! All of the staff were great, including Teri, Jill, Rose, Laura, Ryan and Maegan - Thanks for all of your hard work!! and for making my job so much easier :)

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank hardatwork2014

Dear valued guest - I simply had to write you back here on TripAdvisor when I read your comment about our team making your job easier when you were here for a conference. That is our goal when we are working with event planners and it sounds like we were successful! Thank you for complimenting our team members in your post as well - I will be sure to share your feedback with each of them.

Please do come and stay with us again soon!

Reviewed 30 January 2014

Excellent staff, excellent service, excellent food. The staff at Queens Landing were wonderful and looked after our group very well. A slight air circulation issue in the meeting room made for a very warm meeting, but all other aspects were great.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Dear valued guest - thank you for posting your excellent rating of your time here at Queen's Landing. Our staff do go above and beyond to impress our guests during their stay.

We appreciate you choosing Queen's Landing for your meeting and hope that we can host you again in the future.

All our best,

Reviewed 29 January 2014

This is a hotel I have stayed at several times over the years so I know the property well.

I stayed again last week (2 nights) for meetings and the place was nice and a bit sequestered so that participants were corralled in one place. (It is a short walk to town but it was too cold and snowy for folk to leave.)

Food during breaks was pretty good, staff generally pleasant and helpful. My room on the third floor was very comfortable save for a gap in the window where the wind was literally whistling in. Also the fan on the heater in the room was noisy tho I did not mention that when I called down about the window as the noise of one masked the other! They came and fixed the window gap, but the place is generally showing its age somewhat particularly in comparison to its early heyday. There was complimentary internet (that annoyingly cut out every time I shut my IPad or phone off, necessitating a new login each time), newspaper and water in the rooms. A rose (very limp and faded by next am ) was delivered each night, a nice touch, but as I say faded. In the old days it would have been fresh!Flowers in the hallways again a nice touch but they were on their last legs. In fact I debated a 3 1/2 rating but the place was homier than many of the big chains I've given a 4 to so I want to be consistent.

Reviewed 29 January 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed two nights, the room was nice and clean but the view wasn't very good, could only really see a parking lot as the hotel is farther back from the lake than it looks. We went to their lounge for late night drinks and food and there were fruit flies everywhere!! Very hard to enjoy drinks and food with fruit flies going into them and in your face, and they didn't close the doors to the patio to help stop more from coming in. The food and drinks were not worth the price and were very amateur. Afterwards we thought we maybe should've tried eating in the fancier restaurant right next to it instead where maybe they would've tried harder to deliver good food and drinks since it was more expensive there? We both felt sick afterwards, and it was disappointing as we just wanted a romantic night. Also, make sure to check your final bill when you check out, they made a big mistake on ours that we almost paid for! The best thing about this place is it is a short walk to the main street where all the shops are located.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Hello Lily - I wanted to take the time to reply to your post here at TripAdvisor. We are sorry to hear that you were not impressed by your stay. Our lounge and patio are very busy in the summer and fall months and it sounds like you encountered the fruit flies that often descend on Niagara during harvest season in wine country. We apologize that this effected your meal.

We do have different views from our guest rooms depending on which wing they are in and which floor they are located on. Unfortunately we cannot offer a view of the Niagara River from all of our rooms..

Your experience is not something that is typical here at Queen's Landing. Should you come to visit us again, please email me at l.kszan@vintage-hotels.com so I can ensure VIP treatment for you.

Yours in hospitality,

Reviewed 28 January 2014

I really, really love this place. It was beautifully decorated for the holidays, even though we stayed a little after the New Year. The place was covered head to toe in Christmas decorations -- how beautiful!

We stayed on a $119 deal and booked a suite. I hope they bring this deal back again, as it was tremendous value, even with the stupid resort fee tacked on. The room was just beautiful, and very spacious. But the public spaces are what make this gem sparkle. I haven't been in too many hotels that are more beautiful than this. I love the Library, the pub, the restaurant -- all of it. I wish I could move in! This is my favourite Vintage Inn property in NOTL, and the only other property I've been to that can compete is the Harbour House.

Room Tip: Get a room with a fireplace! The suites are terrific!
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
GMQueenslanding, General Manager at Queen's Landing, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2014

Dear valued guest - We were so pleased to read your review and hear what a great experience you had here at Queen's Landing! During our winter months, we often have specials and seasonal packages that offer our top accomodations at very reasonable rates. How great that you were able to enjoy one of our suites at this beautiful time of the year! Our Christmas and winter decorations were a huge hit again this year and we are still receiving compliments.

We thank you for taking the time to share your experience here on TripAdvisor!

Yours in hospitality,