After staying at The Shaw Club (also a great place to stay) for years we decided to try Queen's Landing for Valentine's Day weekend. The package was a good deal and the hotel being situated a bit farther away from the center of things didn't matter. I think we were the only guests not involved in weddings, which were constant throughout the weekend. But, hey, on Valentine's Day what do you expect? A bare shouldered bride greeted us as we pulled up out front on arrival, shooed into formation by the photog with her lilac clad bridesmaids. Later strains of Twist and Shout were heard wafting from the ballroom.
The dining room gets very high marks for being sensitive and prepared for my gluten free diet. Our dinner was fabulous, the service was great. The waitress was knowledgable of the menu and wine both. Breakfast was nearly surreal with GF toast which I didn't have to ask for the next morning (the wait staff actually remembered) GF French toast or pancakes were offered. Our previous experience with other NOTL hotels' breakfasts is: cold buffet loaded with gluten, very few GF options. Queen's Landing gets high marks for making me feel like a dietary equal and not a pain in the .....
The spa/pool area is lovely and quiet unless kids arrive. The hot tub is beautiful and usually free of children. The gym equipment is high quality, each treadmill has its own tv. Great sauna.
The rooms are nice. We had a gas fireplace. The bathrooms have comfortable soaking tubs and separate showers.
I would recommend this hotel to GF people (they even do a good GF pizza.) or anyone else with dietary issues. It's a beautiful location with water views and quietude. I would certainly rate it higher than #6.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stately Georgian-style mansion overlooking the scenic Niagara River and Lake Ontario. #1 hotel in Ontario on Conde Nast Gold List 2010 and CAA/AAA Four Diamond Award for dining and accommodations. Conveniently located just a short walk from the town's main street and Shaw Festival. 140 elegant guestrooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Queen's Landing reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Queen`s Landing Hotel Niagara-On-The-Lake
- Queens Landing Niagara Lake
- Queens Landing Hotel
- Hotel Queens Landing