“Nothing Memorable!”

Queen's Landing
Mississauga, Canada
“Nothing Memorable!”
Reviewed 12 July 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Queen's Landing Hotel during the Canada Day long weekend. It was a nice hotel but nothing special. The lobby and hallways seemed a little out-dated. Our room was an average size but clean. The only part that I felt needed to be a little bigger was the washroom. We really didn't have a nice view which consisted of their back parking lot. Another thing I noticed was that the air conditioner made a lot of noise while it was on (temperatures were hot with high humidity when we went) throughout the entire night.

Overall, their was nothing memorable about the hotel. Just your average hotel. Just one of those places where you don't have anything bad to say but you don't really have anything good to say either. My advise is to try something else for the type of money being spent.

PS. What's with the $15 resort fee - tacky!! Things like parking and wifi, should already be included in the price.

2 Thank Mike M
GMQueenslanding, General Manager at Queen's Landing, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Hello Mike - I wanted to respond to you here on TripAdvisor following your recent stay. We were sorry to read that your time with us was not memorable. We do have a variety of room types on different floors with different views. We are sorry that your guestroom did not have a view that you enjoyed however not all rooms can overlook the river or gardens, although most do. We could have been sold out on the night that you stayed with us.

Our resort fee includes on-site hotel parking, wireless internet, daily newspaper, evening turn down service, use of hotel shuttle van and access to all our hotels pools and fitness facilities as well as healthy living classes. We do find that this fee is less than most hotels and offers our guests more value.

We hope that you will give us another chance to have a memorable stay in the future.

Lily Kszan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (323)
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

Enjoyed our 2 night visit, Niagara-on-the-lake is always a relaxing place to visit with so many activities and wonderful hotels to enjoy. Queens Landing is definitely one of the best in the area and boasts Georgian era architecture and it's rooms cater to business conferences, weddings and tourists. Our room, which was at the back of the hotel, had a nice view of the harbour with appropriate 4 star amenities, comfortable beds and a newly renovated washroom. The front desk staff were more than helpful. The breakfast buffet we had in the dining room was better than an average hotel breakfast, but not as good as the one we have had at its sister property Pillar and Post, where greater variety (smoked salmon, cheeses, nuts, dried fruit, etc) and made to order eggs made our day. I would definitely suggest this improvement to QL. The view from the dining room was great, and we were seated near the windows, which is highly recommended. Dinner in the lounge was top notch where we were seated on the beautiful patio, the lamb skewers we had was cooked to perfection, my wife's market fresh fish of the day was a deliciously flaky white fish which was also done very well. I would recommend dinner in the lounge for all visitors. Unfortunately we did not use the nice looking pool or the fitness area so cannot comment on it. Overall, a lovely hotel we would recommend, to which we will return one day.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Sohail M
Hello Sohail - we wanted to thank you for taking the time to post your review of Queen's Landing following your recent stay. It sounds like you had a lovely time and we appreciate your recommendation for others to come and stay with us! This time of the year is simply amazing in Niagara-on-the-Lake and guests rave about the town in full bloom!

We hope that you will come and stay with us again!

Madoc, Canada
Reviewed 10 July 2014

stayed at the lockmaster suite next to main hotel as a 50th anniversary getaway.Rooms at main hotel were not available. Overall our stay was great as we toured the area. This overflow buliding is overpriced and is in need of some maintenance... Outside appearance poor and entrance stairs and railings in poor shape.Found windows unlocked ( almost unlockable ) and need to be replaced.. These concerns were relayed to front desk staff. Bathroom and sitting room were comfortable and main hotel spa was great. I'm sure main hotel rooms are great, but this facility was overhyped and overpriced. We were using gift certificates from our 50th anniversary.

Room Tip: look the room over before agreeing to stay.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
GMQueenslanding, General Manager at Queen's Landing, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Dear valued guest - I wanted to reply to your post here on TripAdvisor following your recent stay. Our Dockmaster suites are extremely popular so we were sorry to hear that you did not enjoy the historic building. These heritage suites have received many updates and improvements over the years however we have kept most of the building intact for historic reasons, such as the porch, flooring and windows. I have passed along your comments about the wood on the porch to our engineering department so they can investigate and improve.

We are sorry that we were sold out of hotel rooms when you stayed with us as we would have gladly moved your party to the main building. The Dockmaster suites are typically sold out each night as well as there are only 4 of them and guests often request and re-book these rooms.

Please do remember us in the future for another stay.

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

We got married on the 21st of June at Queens Landing -
I was quickly grouped up with Colleen as my coordinator to help us with the planning process. I cannot say enough about how fantastic she was to work with, I felt like she was almost another bridesmaid. There are so many details to go over and it wasn't even overwhelming with her help. She was always there with a prompt reply whenever I had any questions (and I had a bunch) and you could tell she takes pride in things going well. I'm so happy we went with this venue.
I felt so glamorous the day off and everything was really looked after. The great thing about this venue if you have the ceremony and reception in the same place your guests don't have to worry about traveling expenses (and late guests!) I chose to get married at 4, had a cocktail hour at 5 (if you are choosing hors d'oeuvres consider the shrimp WE LOVED EM!) and then reception starting around 6:30 so there wasn't a big lull for guests to be waiting around. It's also nice for guests if they wanted to change shoes or touch up their makeup ...their rooms were an elevator ride away. Also nice for older guests who want to check out early or if you have small children - they can sneak up with a sitter for the remainder of the evening.
We hopped outside for pictures (there are tuns of great spots on the property!! Even if it was to rain, its so nice inside there are tuns of options, it just takes away your stress.
The food was fantastic we had the Beef Tenderloin and Salmon our guests raved that the food was the best they had ever had at an event. I decided to bring my own decor with paper flowers and I ordered a couple of the large trees from Clippings that worked out great. Colleen coordinated bringing them in from our ceremony space into the reception area. With our package we also received a free nights stay in a really swanky room that was amazing! It just went so smoothly. All in all there is nothing I would have changed about our big day. We were just so happy with everything- I give this venue my highest recommendations. It's not cheap but its worth every penny. I cannot wait to go back for our anniversary. :) Thanks again Queens Landing!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
GMQueenslanding, General Manager at Queen's Landing, responded to this review, 12 July 2014
Dear valued bride: What a terrific posting here on TripAdvisor following your spring wedding at Queen's Landing! Thank you for sharing so many details of your day and the offerings from the hotel. It is brides like you who provide the best testimony for our services and your recommendation for other brides to choose us for their special day is very much appreciated.

I will be sure to thank Colleen on your behalf - she is a busy lady with all our spring and summer weddings but she does her best to make sure that each bride is well and truly taken care of.

See you again soon!

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 9 July 2014

From start to finish, this was a very nice experience. Joanne and Tiffany were great and very accommodating. The food was fabulous, the service impeccable - would definitely recommend for any business event.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Ancaster, Canada
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Matt and I got married in Queen's Landing on July 5,14 and it was the perfect day due to the staff. The bride and groom were treated like the royalties, they took extra measures to make sure your day goes smoothly and perfectly. They listened to everyone's request and solved all the problems promptly and I don't mean just things that's related to the wedding everything and anything that not only the wedding party but the guests requested were done in less than 5 min. We have never seen such pleasant hard working staff until this day. I must say, Colleen, the wedding specialist is cute as a button and she's always around to help, know what to say and give great advises as Matt and I were both very nervous during the rehearsal and the wedding day. She is professional and pleasant to work with and she truly cares about your big day! When the wedding party got a bit out of control after the ceremony had ended, they allowed us to use a private room so that we can contine to party after midnight, and took us for Tim Horton ride to get some early breakfast at 6 in the morning - really, I don't know who else but Queen's Landing who would go out of their ways and bend every rules to make sure you and the guests to have THE BEST TIME OF THIER LIVES. I honestly received only positive feedback from my guests and I would recommend this place to every bride-to-be out there in a heartbeat. Excellent service, phenomenal staff, beautiful place, and delicious food. Truly it doesn't get better than this. If you are still looking for a venue for your wedding, please check this place out!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Hello Christina and Matt! I wanted to congratulate you both on your recent wedding here at Queen's Landing! It sounds like you received the exceptional service from our hospitality team that we are known for in the industry. Colleen takes extra special care of our brides and grooms and we are so pleased that you felt like you were in excellent hands throughout the planning process and on the big day.

Please remember to come and see us again - perhaps for an anniversary!

All our very best!

Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 5 July 2014

The hotel is situated on a beautiful property walking distance from the main street Queens) in downtown Niagara-on-the Lake. Most staff (except for one front desk girl who must have lost the ability to smile) were amazing. I must point out Laura, Kelly, Athena, Sebastian, Frank and all the young bell hops (who went and get our bikes, helped us with luggage, opened doors, etc with smiles a friendly greeting all in 35 - 40 C heat). I must also point out that housekeepers were friendly, smiled and kept the rooms very clean, unfortunately I did not get their names. The manager on duty, Fernando, resolved a problem with a good compromise solution. He always remained professional.... kudos.

This is a Vintage hotel property. This allows you to use the facilities and shuttle service between 3 hotels located in the town. In our hotel there is a nice pool and hot tub. Careful, on one day with the high humidity and heat (and probably not enough air circulation) the chlorine level in the air did bother our eyes. However, that only happened once, the other times it was very pleasant using the facility. Their gym is "ok". If you enjoy spinning, they offer an organized class in the gym.

The rooms are large. It looks like they have been renovated in the last 3-5 years. Unfortunately the a/c units are built into the windows. In our room it was quite loud. However, after a day of activities, the "hum" put me to sleep. One negative, the mattresses; they really do need to be changed. My wife did not mind it much, but, I believe, I was sleeping on the side that sunk in most. The hotel has obviously tried to extend their lives by lining the mattress with foam. The room has a small refrigerator (brilliant!), Kuerig coffee machine (again brilliant!), a nice size plasma TV, a safe and plenty of storage space. The bathrooms have definitely been renovated (very clean!). Shower head water pressure is on the low side.

The hotel is located at the edge of a bike path that leads all the way to Niagara Falls (42 km round trip....excellent path!). There is a lot to do in the area. The wineries are excellent! The town center has many shops in which you can find local made goods. many excellent restaurants in the area. Unfortunately, our experience at the hotel's restaurant wasn't good (I'll post my review in the next couple of days).

What makes this hotel? In two words: their service and property. We would return, no doubt.

Room Tip: Rooms on water side have an obstructed view of the river.
1 Thank Canadians_who_travel