“Good option if you want to stay at a hotel”
Review of Queen's Landing

Queen's Landing
Cleveland, Ohio
“Good option if you want to stay at a hotel”
Reviewed 29 June 2009

There are a lot of B&Bs (aka- people's homes) for visitors to stay in at NOTL. From our past experience, my husband and I are not fans of staying at any of them. Queens Landing was a good option since it's a hotel. Yes, it's pricey, but it's in a great location (2 blocks away from the main street).
We took advantage of two of their promotional offered on the website (Culinary Package and Special Hot Rate). I called for reservations since booking online for the promotion did not seem to work. Total $920CAD (tax included) for 3 nights w/ check-in on Friday.
I don't believe that there are any great views from any of the hotel rooms since that's what the check-in person told me.
Free parking (unlike it's sister hotel Prince of Wales).
I thought that service could be a bit better (ex: no bell hop when we checked in to offer help with bags). Perhaps my expectations were too high since they do position themselves as a high-end hotel.
Good indoor pool w/ jacuzzi tub.
Nice outdoor patio.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank flowerwatersun

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (331)
Reviewed 13 April 2009

I was part of a conference at Queens Landing in January 2009. The facilities are very nice, and the food well above average. The conference rooms were quite well appointed and the snacks and drinks excellent. The library was particularly pleasant. The rooms were on the small side for two people (colleagues were sharing rooms) but for a couple they would have been of a good size. The bathrooms were gorgeous.

Of special mention are the staff, who went well out of their way to accommodate us. A great job all around.

• Stayed January 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 April 2009

This is a vintage hotel so we do expect the room to be small. Actually the size is quite decent and no complained on this part. This hotel location is really well. It is not exactly in the town so it's very quite but it's only 10 mins walk from town where all the shops and restaurants located. There are also free internet access at the library which is a good place to relax as well.

Here are some of the negative experienced we have:

My husband tried to make some coffee while I went to the spa for a massage at the Pillar and Post. He found the table are covered with dusts and what's even better is he found the used "coffee" still in the bin with mold on it. He called housekeeping and they send some one with a can of lemon spray and just removed the coffee powder and spray it and clean the table with the same spray. This is what they called cleaning.

I have requested a crib for my baby when I booked the hotel and remind the reception again upon check-in. Then we went out a bit and the crib was still not there so I called again to remind them and went out for dinner. When we came back, still no crib. At this point I am very upset already so I just walked to the front desk to complain again. This time, they finally get someone to bring the crib to us.

On their web-site, it indicate that there's nightly turn down service which includes a rose placed on the bed. Of course, it did not happen. When I mentioned this to the reception, she claimed that they do not have turn down service. Then I told her that's what I read on your website, and then she said that yes they do have roses deliver to the room and apologized that they miss our room.

I also bought the breakfast package as well and was told that it is a sit-down breakfast, not buffet. Again, it's wrong info, it is a buffet.

The lady at the front desk is nice and professional; however, for a hotel that self-proclaim as a luxury hotel, they do not live up to the standard for sure. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

As a side note, the spa at Pillar and Post is quite nice. However, P&P is so crowded you feel like you are in a marketplace. I'm not sure about the room quality but from this perspective, I would prefer Queen's landing. The hot spring at the spa is pretty nice and you can take your drinks with you which is a very nice touch.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled with family
3 Thank TravelDG
Reviewed 11 March 2009

I just had my wedding at Queen's Landing and I had all of my dreams come true! Jennifer my wedding co-odinator deserves a big raise for taking care of all of my needs (and My Mom's needs too!). The food was great, all of my guests were impressed they even did the pasta coarse just as good as Mom. Service was impecable from start to finish and the Niagara wines really worked. Rooms were a bit small but lovely, overlooking the river. I would highly recommend this venue to any bride looking for the Cinderalla wedding!! Thank-you Queen's Landing I will never forget you!!

• Stayed March 2009
Los Angeles
Reviewed 19 February 2009

This is a beautiful hotel tucked off the main street. We stayed for two nights here and wish we could have stayed longer. The town itself is SO charming, not a Starbucks or McDonalds in sight...so refreshing. We had wonderful meals in the main dining room. Our only complaint was that the rooms were small....really small. There were two adults and two kids (12 & 14) and it was just too tiny for us. We should have booked two rooms. But we still enjoyed the hotel and would go back in a heartbeat. The indoor pool was great for the kids, especially since we hit a rainy spell.

• Stayed August 2008, travelled with family
Lincoln, Ontario
Reviewed 11 February 2009

I regret recommending this hotel for my son's wedding. All may have looked gorgeous and elegant, however, behind the scenes the event staff there are incompetent. The hell they put this young couple through right up until a week before is inexcusable. There contracts are not worth the paper they are written on. Weeks to answer to emails or phone calls is unprofessional and a insult when people are putting out the kind of money this hotel demands. Breakfast buffet was pitiful for the price. Service also pitiful. Staff standing around. We will never visit or recommend this hotel for anything.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Disappointedmom_9
Whitby, ontario
Reviewed 8 February 2009

Who would have thought that November would have had such spectacular weather. It only served to compliment the wonderful stay we had at Queen's Landing. It is a beautiful hotel, in a very pretty location.
Tastefully prepared and presented dinners were just delicious. New tastes for the palate, and eye catching presentation served by a very attentive wait staff.
The buffet breakfast served in the elegant dining room was lovely, but also felt very comfortable and relaxed. Whether from the buffet or the menu, breakfast featured familiar and different items. All were delicious and eye catching.
From the sleep number beds to the rose on the pillow each evening, the attention paid to guests was exceptional. The front desk staff were more than knowledgable of the area and provided accurate directions for us to follow. Smiles everywhere. Just steps from the quaint downtown shopping, the sunny fall weather cooperated completely!
Thank you for making a mid week getaway so memorable!

Stayed November 2008