“Great stay - small problems”
Review of Hotel Dallavalle

Hotel Dallavalle
Reviewed 4 July 2012

This is a lovely hotel and great location. We found the staff to be very friendly. As with another reviewer we noted the vary loud noise (avoid room 2) but were quickly moved to a different room (8) which was great.

The breakfast was great and beautifully presented. However, it came very slowly.

We had a favorable prepaid room rate making the stay quite reasonable.

Room Tip: avoid 2, 8 was fine but needs a reading lamp if you plant to sit in the comfortable sofa.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Hotel Dallavalle

Reviewed 1 May 2012

We stayed at the Gatehouse for a weekend in April. Great location. Close to shopping, resteraunts and shows. We parked our car on Friday and did not use it the entire weekend.
Service at hotel was effecient. Requested more towels and delivered quickly. Rooms were clean and comfortable. Front desk service was great. Suggested places to eat and excellent resource on activities, events, and wineries.
I would defenitely recommend this hotel and would stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank cc1213
Reviewed 17 April 2012

I visited the Gate House in the summer of 2011. I have never dealt with such rude people in my life. I was quoted a price over the phone, booked it and when we arrived they said the was not the price they quoted me. It was only a matter of $30 but that was not the point. I was being yelled at by an arrogant, rude staff member who seemed to be on a power trip. I strongly recommend not staying here. Try the moffatt Inn in the same area.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank Sara P
Reviewed 12 October 2011

Had a read the previous reviews, I would have steered clear of the Gate House. I booked this for myself and my parents, who were over from the UK for thanksgiving. I chose it randomly after walking around Niagara on the lake. It was a mistake.

The rooms, as others have said, are nothing special. Sparce decoration, narrow and no better than a basic motel. The quality of staff service was variable depending on who you were dealing with. The breakfast was fine. The location good.

Our problem was the noise coming from some sort of machinery in the building. Immediately after check-in I went to the front desk and asked for a room change because of the loud vibrating hum (loud as in very loud and intrusive). I was assured it would go off around 9-10pm...probably the time that the guy on the front desk went off duty and wouldn't need to deal with the problem, as it never did go away and we all had a terrible nights sleep. My wife can normally sleep through anything, but not this.

I would not recommend this hotel to anyone who likes sleeping in a quiet environment, and regret choosing it as it tarnished what was otherwise a perfect thanksgiving weekend.

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
5  Thank Hove_Windsurfer
Reviewed 6 October 2011

Friends took my husband and I to dinner in the restaurant while we were visiting NOTL.
It was recommended to them and is in a great location - walking distance from the downtown. The experience was very nice. Staff were professional, efficient and pleasant. The osso buco was a hit with the guys. And the fish plate was very tasty. The wine selection was extensive, with both local wines and an international offering. Overall a good experience.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank fayeCalgary
Reviewed 12 May 2011

I took my mom, my girlfriend and my sister today to this restaurant for my mom's birthday. In my mom's pasta plate she found at the bottom of the food a dead fly. We called the waiter and pointed this issue and sent back the food politely. He came back apoligized and we asked for the bill hoping that this plate will be taken out of the bill. It wasn't taken out and we were fully charged for all meals we ate. I called the manager and manager came to our table directly argue. He said that the fly is a natural thing and it is not coming from his kitchen, it must be coming somewhere else. We not only found a disguasting dead fly in our food but also we were accused to put the fly into our food so we can get some discounts. WE HAVE BEEN SERVED WITH A FFOD WITH A DEAD FLY IN IT, WE HAVE BEEN ACCUSED THAT WE PUT IT IN THERE TO GET A DISCOUNT, WE HAVE BEEN YELLED AT BY THE MANAGER / OWNER/ COOK, MY MOM'S BIRTHDAY AND EVERBODY'S DAY HAVE BEEN DISTROYED. AT THE END WE HAD TO PAY $110 FOR THIS EXPERIENCE.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
6  Thank enginkos
Reviewed 28 June 2010

Arrived to the Inn about 2pm
We where greater by staff who where friendly at the beginning. Got to the room and found it dated but nice. Bathroom had hair left in the tub and old shampoo bottles left behind. The bathtub tap was dripping into the tub drain with a loud plop plop sound every second that could be heard with the bathroom door closed. Place a face clothe in the tub to stop the sound then later all we heard was a splash ing sound
Took the time to go to the front desk and asked for a new room. They where sold out. We asked for to be repaired and they stated they would have to shut off the water for the whole hotel to repair it. We complained twice over the weekend and could not get any satisfaction. It must have been leaking for sometime. In the middle of the night when all is quite and that's all you hear you just can't sleep

3  Thank Porky113