“Visit for the 1812 celebrations”
Review of Hotel Dallavalle

and 1 more site!
Hotel Dallavalle
London, United Kingdom
“Visit for the 1812 celebrations”
Reviewed 22 November 2012

My wife and I stayed a week in this hotel in October. It was excellent. We had a huge comfortable room (No 9) which was nice and quiet. A good breakfast is provided with very efficient service. The hotel is well located being on Queen Street the main street of Niagara-on-the-Lake which is a lovely old Regency town. Most of the restaurants in the town are in easy walking distance and a small supermarket is next door. Free easy parking is provided and it is a lovely drive to Queenston Heights and the Falls. We tried a number of restaurants in the town; but in fact we thought the Italian restaurant in the hotel was really the best. Coming from England, we had not been to Canada for some time and we enjoyed ourselves enormously. We cannot recommend this hotel more highly.

3 Thank Evelyn H

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Guelph, Canada
Reviewed 22 November 2012

After trying many other hotels in NOTL, we now only book this one for our trips to the Shaw Festival. In fact, we take one night off from plays so we can have a leisurely dinner in the Italian restaurant. The food is excellent and the wine list is good. Some weeks ago we invited friends to join us there for a weekend and we enjoyed the bar and the service. They too will now book this hotel whenever they go to NOTL. I am always impressed with the huge sparkling-clean windows, and I love the colourful accents on the pure white background. I'm delighted that more of the staff can now make good cappuccino -- it's a must for an Italian restaurant and for me in the mornings.
We know all the rooms and have our favourites. They are spacious and comfortable with lots of light. Gorgeous bathrooms with many drawers in the vanities. Looking forward to our next stay!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Dr-Yes007
Guelph, Canada
Reviewed 30 October 2012

We stayed one night at the Gate House as part of a Shaw Festival theatre package we won at a silent auction. The Gate House is a 2-7 minute walk from any of the Shaw Festival theatres, and is a very conveniently located just off the main (Queen) street, with its own parking, perfect for strolling and shopping. There are many restaurants and cafes within a 5 minute walk. The house is historic, but the inside is very nicely updated to stylish contemporary decor. The owner met us at the front desk and made us feel welcome with a glass of nice Italian red wine at their bar. The weather was miserably rainy and windy, so we relaxed and read books before dinner in their comfortable lounge area close to the bar. The room was nicely decorated, the bathroom was spacious and the beds comfortable. It was quiet at night, and we slept well. The included continental breakfast was a nice fresh berry mix, yoghurt, croissant/toast, and coffee/juice, served in their restaurant. They also have a lovely outside terrace, which we did not have an opportunity to enjoy because of the weather. NOL is an expensive little town, but the Gate House was good value for the price.

1 Thank OntarioPacked2Go
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 14 October 2012

Oct 6, 2012
My wife and I paid a two day visit to Niagara on the Lake for the afternoon wine tour we very much enjoyed. After a long day we decided to try this "Italian" restaurant at the lovely Niagara on the Lake town but we ended up with very BAD restaurant choice. Food wad not tasty at all and service was very poor. My stomach was upset after we finished eating and the restaurant food was to blame. Restaurant looked decent and clean but we waited for our food forever even there were only a couple of tables occupied. I will NEVER eat here again.

1 Thank Mario B

Travellers are raving about these Niagara-on-the-Lake hotels

Rochester, New York
Reviewed 4 September 2012

Outstanding hotel, well located at the quiet end of Queen St. Another plus is the restaurant. It is one of the best, if not the best in NOTL and is not over-the-top-expensive. Lunch, especially on the terrace in nice weather, is always excellent, often prepared with local foods. Lunch is very reasonably priced. Excellent wine selection. We always enjoy the Gate House when we visit NOTL.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ron743
Mississauga, Canada
Reviewed 29 August 2012

I really wish I had read the comments on Trip Advisor before i booked a room at this hotel. After our stay on July 21st, I immediately wrote an email directly to the manager of the Hotel Mr. Rob Egan who obviously doesn't care at all about customer satisfaction because now I see that in october 2011, the problem with room #2 (pounding vibrating sounds coming throught the bathroom) was already existing. We also were told that the noise would stop around 9pm which of course it didn't, and changing room was not an option as they were fully booked.

After a week and no response I sent the email again to Mr. Egan and a week later to the web site... still no answer from anyone as of yet.... I'm not even going to bother calling now.... They're only in the business of overcharging for rooms because of the location and customers can sleep or NOT sleep.... I'm sorry, but a friendly staff does not help you sleep at night and when you rent a room, your main goal is usually to sleep well. I have never paid so much money for a room that I couldn't sleep in.

Very frustrated,

Lise

Room Tip: Do not accept room #2 as an option.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank lisonmoro
Reviewed 19 August 2012

I can't believe the indignity we suffered at the hands of this hotel!!! On our drive there they cancelled our reservation.. The manager said they were overbooked, 3 hours prior to check in they booked us at a different hotel 20 kilometres away. The hotel was very dirty and I felt very unsafe and scared the whole time I was there. To make it up to us they offered us a complimentary meal at their restaurant. To add insult to injury the waitress and waitor ignored us the whole time we were there. I asked for seconds on water and never even received it!

• Stayed August 2012