“Best location to enjoy Niagara-on-the-Lake”

White Oaks Conference Resort & Spa
London, Canada
“Best location to enjoy Niagara-on-the-Lake”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

My wife and I have been staying at this hotel for our anniversary for quite a few years now. Sarah Clark in Sales has done an outstanding job of assisting us with all of our visits.This hotel has always impressed me with the friendliness of the staff, the cleanliness of the rooms and facilities, and its location to all there is to enjoy in Niagara-on-the-Lake. I look forward to our next visit.

Room Tip: Ask for the Garden View
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (276)
Ingleside, Canada
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Enjoy everything this resort has to offer. There is so much.The grounds of this resort are wonderful to tour. Well laid out. The pool was under some renovation but still managed to enjoy the amenities. A definite return. Ideally located to numerous venues in the area.

Room Tip: Our rooms were well appointed and not lacking in roominess. Hotel staff very friendly. The restaura...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Bow, New Hampshire
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Well maintained hotel/resort/spa about 10 mins away from the falls a great location. Some of the activities like jet boating are closer to this location than Niagara hotels. Across the street from a posh mall if you care.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 25 May 2014

We enjoyed White Oaks Resort for one evening. I asked for a quiet room, if you have read any of my other reviews you will know that I am a super light sleeper. We had a great laugh when we went to first enter the room we heard our next door neighbour sneezing however once in the room nothing was heard. The room was ok, a little dated in the bathroom and cleaning was just ok, there was hair in the tub and I love the mini TV in the bathroom however the dust pile on the power cord has been long overlooked, The room had a nice large TV unfortunately only analog stations so there was no point to the large screen, shows showed on only half the screen anyway. Last point, I found the bed to be too stiff/hard for my personally liking, by 4am i was having a hard time finding a comfortable position in which to sleep. I should note that there is a new outlet mall across the street that would be easy to walk to from this location.

Waterloo, Canada
Reviewed 24 May 2014

My husband and I stayed here for a night after we did a wine tour for his 30th. The service was OUT of this WORLD! They found out it was his birthday and upgraded us to a deluxe room and had wine and desserts sent to the room while we were out. Then at dinner, the waitress accommodated all of our gf needs, the manager came over to wish him a happy birthday and give us two glasses of champagne. Then brought
over a stool for my purse so I wouldn't have to bend down to get it! Wow! They were so great, the food fantastic and we'll definitely be back!

• Stayed May 2014
Las Vegas
Reviewed 23 May 2014

We have been at White Oaks for the last 3 years for our conferences. There isn't enough hours in the day to enjoy the facilities that is why it is important to take time to come back on your “own time” to a place that is exceptional. From the time you drive up, enter the lobby everyone has a smile on their face and always happy to accommodate your needs. They have a wonderful gym that is well equipped to satisfy all. Nothing is ever overlooked, my interactions with staff are always professional. My rooms have always been beautiful, spacious, clean and comfortable. They go beyond expectation with "little kind gestures" when someone is under the weather or has an issue that they need attending to. I have utilized their spa which is welcoming and serene. Food is plentiful and delicious, LIV is highly recommended for dinner so is Play, There have a Starbucks on the premises for those delicious lattes!! One of our servers knew I like a pot of hot water after dinner, I didn't even have to ask the second or third time, she knew exactly what I wanted. Things like that, staff going beyond are exceptional to me and much appreciated. I am definitely coming back again in the summer, its such a nice treat for a weekend when you just want to get away and relax.

unfortunately forgot to ask her which room she was in. When taking a shower she noticed (from whoever was in that room prior) had left a derogatory note and symbol of some type on the glass mirror in the bathroom. You would have not seen it unless you took a shower and steam filled up the glass. She did call housekeeping immediately and I know that they took care of it. It is unfortunate that someone would do that, perhaps you are aware of whoever was in that room previously and it should be noted, although I guess it is hard to accuse someone when you do not catch them in the act so to speak. I believe they also gave her a coupon of some sort I didn’t really ask more but will.
Our three dinners (Richard Zsoldos, Dianne Olsen and myself) were cold as I felt the plate was not warm at all and usually they say please be careful the plate is “hot”. I cut a piece of meat to make sure and it was cold. I know that Darryl arranged to have us all receive new dinners which we did. I wasn’t going to say anything because I feel that if it isn’t right then I just advise the banquet manager that is working that evening, however you knew already and had come by to apologize, which really was necessary, it didn’t even faze me at all.
I loved the hospitality suite, great set up of the room, the people that were working that night were exceptional. We had Sara who had served us in Sunhill. Just to add, after the dessert was served (the evening we were in Studio 12 and 13 for dinner), she brought me a pot of hot water and I didn’t even have to ask her for it, she knew that I always asked for a pot after dinner, so kudos to her. I didn’t catch the young man’s name that was serving us drinks and dinner, he was a pleasure to work with as well.
There were so many that served us Roman, the day I arrived (great sense of humor, Walter at the front desk, Evelyn, didn’t catch the people that served at the bar, they were both great. Loved the dips that you served I think there was a cheddar dip, it was so delicious – do you think the chef would hand out the recipe, I know there was hummus, but the dips were great. I was too full to try anything else.
As always, all your staff are wonderful, serving with a smile always a great attitude and always willing to go that extra step to make your stay as wonderful as it can be.

I so appreciate your calls and interactions to make sure that we are doing well. The all day treats were great (as usual) and the rooms that we utilize are always set up and cleaned up properly. Evelyn checked in with me a couple of times and there were no matters that needed to be taken care of because everything ran so smoothly.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Ontario
Reviewed 21 May 2014

This is the second time we have stayed here in the last 7 months. The staff are so nice, the restaurants are very good. The rooms are spacious. I am thinking with the new outlet mall now located across the street this place is going to be really busy now! I would come back....in fact I am sure we will!!