“Excellent resort!”

White Oaks Conference Resort & Spa
Troy, MI
“Excellent resort!”
Reviewed 19 July 2014

When we booked this room, we were simply looking for a stop-over. What a surprise! The staff is extremely accommodating. The resort is beautiful. The grounds are stunning. The gym is outrageous! The hot tub is enjoyable, and room service even delivered a glass of wine there! We did not eat here or use the spa, but would return to do so! We booked thinking this was close to Niagara-on-the-Lake. It is actually much closer to Niagara Falls, but the 15 minute drive to NOTL was a straight shot, peppered with fantastic wineries. Highly recommend!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
WhiteOaksResort, Manager at White Oaks Conference Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Thank you for your comments. We are so pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay. We do hope next time it isn't such a short visit and you will be able to enjoy the excellent dining and spa experiences we love to provide.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (272)
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 July 2014

I was attending a wedding in the wine country, and the wedding party had booked the Hilton Garden Inn. After some pretty terrible customer service from the hilton, i decided to use Hotwire.com to book a hotel. Which came up with White Oaks. I wasn't sure what to expect, but I expected something fairly small, and very business like.

When i first arrived i was greeted by a member of staff as I entered the car park, and he was so welcoming and lovely. Staff at the check in desk were likewise as pleasant and helpful.

My room was massive (in comparison to the hilton rooms), with two queen size beds, lots of space, and a view overlooking some trees and gardens. All in all, I would definitely stay here again and in fact am considering spending a few days on my next trip to Canada.

If you are looking for a hotel in the region, i would wholeheartedly recommend this over the hilton garden inn any day, and the prices were around the same.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you for your feedback. We are so happy to read that you enjoyed your White Oaks experience especially when you didn't book your stay with the hotel directly so didn't know what to expect. We aim to please our guests and provide a high level of service and hope that next time you visit the area you will contact us so we can make you experience a memorable one.
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Went to White Oaks for a wedding and spent 3 nights there. Great place for a wedding which was held outdoor.
Room was spacious, clean and well equipped. Staff was very helpful and friendly so service was excellent (thank you to Jacob again). Grounds are beautiful and well kept. Pool is indoor next to an outdoor patio with some long chairs. Not ideal in summer but very good remainder of year.
They have tennis courts and a gym but I did not try those...
They have 2 restaurants with different menu, atmosphere and prices (check out the prices at LIV before you book as it is not cheap but a good value/price ratio). We tried both and were happy with our meals. I like to try unusual dishes so I was well served with the Kangaroo burger at LIV. Had the à la carte and the buffet breakfast and both were very good.
Went to old Niagara on the Lake, visited wineries and did a quick stop at the Falls.
All in all a great stay. Like my Mom says you get what you pay for.

Room Tip: Regular rooms do not have a balcony but I believe that suites do.
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 16 July 2014

This was our first time at this hotel. Everyone is so friendly. Check in was fast and easy and our room was available early. Right across the street from the new shopping outlet. The spa is large and wonderful. I highly recommend it. The restaurants were excellent. I will be back again.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 15 July 2014

The linens are by Frette, a great Italian maker, and they can be changed daily. The hotel hosts a lot of weddings, so best to avoid those. Restaurants are forgettable. Sports complex is not bad.
Room rates skyrocket on the weekends, so check these carefully. The website could be more transparent about that.

Room Tip: Get a high floor away from the elevators to avoid wedding traffic; if possible get a room in the tow...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Good afternoon all. On behalf of Jenniffer & I, we'd like to thank you for making our "fairy tale" wedding & reception, that much more special. All your efforts resulted in a stress-free day for Jenn and I. From the ceremony, to the décor, from the flowers, to the meal and wedding cake, it was all amazing, and the guests are still talking about it. Your suggestions were perfect, and we would be very pleased to be used as a reference should any potential customer request one. We felt very comfortable throughout the entire process that our needs would be addressed, and that the event would run smoothly. It was truly a memorable day, and each of you were a big part of it.

For once, we found a venue, and a group of professionals that delivered on ALL the promises they made.

Dinner at LIV is always truly amazing, the meals are always first rate, and the staff cater to your every need. This is our "go to place". We became engaged there, and one year later we chose the resort to be married, and we would recommend the same to everyone who asked.

The best we have ever been to, and the most we could ever expect.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 July 2014

On average I spend around 100 nights/year in a hotel so I can be somewhat of a Diva and it takes a lot to impress me or give that Wow experience. On this most recent trip to #Niagara I was on a pre-World Pride trip to explore Niagara's wine region and was thinking, oh yeah another conference hotel (sigh).

However, much to my surprise this hotel stay would actually get me jazzed about a conference hotel. First, health & wellness is always a bit of a struggle while on the road and the White Oaks Resort & Spa really wowed me. Hands down the most impressive hotel gym I've been at. I understand that it was a Tennis Club prior to being a hotel hence the facilities are catered to the athlete which is amazing. All of this is complementary as a hotel guest. I appreciated the cleanliness of the gym and a steam room that actually works.

Second, was the conference facilities - though on this trip I did not use them doing a quick walk through the meeting rooms look amazing and the common spaces allowed for great networking and receptions. Speaking with a couple people attending a meeting they were all raving about the catering team's attention to details, so that is usually a good sign!

Third, knowing your customer. Julie from the Marketing team was on the ball and knew exactly how to unleash my inner Diva with a fantastic turndown amenity welcoming me and my colleagues to the property. I appreciated her tongue and cheek humor and sharing some of their unique packages like "Real Rockstar" that includes a private butler to look after all your needs while enjoying the best Niagara has to offer.

I can hardly wait to visit Niagara again and without question will want to call White Oaks my home base!

Room Tip: The up charge to jump from a Tower room to "Platinum" on the 7th Floor VIP room is worth t...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends