“Exceeded Every Expectation!”

White Oaks Conference Resort & Spa
St. Catharines, Canada
“Exceeded Every Expectation!”
Reviewed 19 January 2011

I stayed at White Oaks in January 2011, with my best friend. We went to have a little pampering and some time away from the kids, and staying at White Oaks was the best decision we have ever made! Not only were the location and the room spotless, but the staff was extremely helpful and friendly.

Marcie, the Concierge was beyond amazing, and went out of her way to ensure that we had all of the information we needed.

Can’t wait to do this again!

Julie Constable

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with friends
Chard1, Manager at White Oaks Conference Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 28 January 2011
Thank you for your comments. It is always wonderful to hear back from our guests especially when their hopes for a relaxing weekend was not only met but exceeded their expectations. We look forward to having you visit us again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (277)
toronto
Reviewed 12 January 2011

My sister and I took my mom to White Oaks for her birthday. I had heard and read great things for years and was anxious to experience it first hand. We had a wonderful two days and came away relaxed. However, I was disappointed with the facilities - they did not live up to my expectations. I found White Oaks to be a harsh mix of very old and very new.

The biggest disappointment was the swimming pool. The pool has three 1980's-style chandeliers hanging over it which look like something out of a horror movie. Why? Because the glass pieces from the fixture are shakey and look like they could fall into the pool at any moment, loose wires are dangling down from them. We didn't go into the pool.

The hot tub was nice and spacious. However, the rock wall beside it showed painful signs of neglect. Overall, it was hard to enjoy this space.

I would like to note that some communication to patrons would have changed my feelings on the out-dated pool area. I understand these things are expensive to upgrade and would have felt fine about the situation if there was a note or something informing patrons of the renovation plan, if one exists.

The Spa was great!! We loved the lounge room where you wait for your treatment and would have liked to spend even more time in there! The front staff at the spa could have been friendlier (something I felt even over the phone when I was booking the appointments). However, the treatments were fabulous! No complaints and this was the highlight of the trip for all of us!!

The fitness facilities are also outstanding. We didn't use them since our trip was more of the spa-relaxing kind but I do wish I brought my runners so I could have spent time in there.

We ate at the Play cafe. The food was good and healthy. We ordered the Risotto balls for an appetizer with our dinner and were disappointed - the risotto was not cooked at all. Otherwise, the food was good and the service was alright. The atmosphere was lovely.

The room was fine. We were on the second floor - I would have preferred a tower room since I've heard those rooms are better. However, we wanted to check in early to have more time at the resort so we settled for this room upon arrival. The rbedoom-area was nice and updated. The bathroom was clearly older. I think beds/pillows are personal to each person so I won't comment on that.

The hallways to the rooms felt like an older motel. I know that's harsh but I was really surprised to see this.

We had a great weekend and decided to make this an annual girls' trip. Just not at White Oaks.

• Stayed January 2011
1 Thank welovetovacay
Thank you for your comments and feedback on your stay. Though we are sorry to hear you will not return we truly appreciate your comments and suggestions. White Oaks Resort prides itself on our customer service, Dining, Spa and Club and it is wonderful to hear that you enjoyed these items or what you were able to experience while you were here.
There are definitely plans to improve certain areas of the hotel and we always appreciate receiving suggestions from our guests on what we can do better. Thank you once again for taking the time to write about your stay.
Barrie, Canada
Reviewed 2 January 2011

I stayed at the White Oaks Resort with a company Christmas Party. It was my first time there. I was overly impressed with the level of service I received. This beautiful property is filled with exceptional team members. I did not have to ask for anything, each of my needs were anticipated and met.
Marcie Moore was the key team member. She was able to recommend on site dinning options and near by attractions to keep me busy while visiting a new area. She is truly an asset. I look forward to seeing Marcie next time I am in the Niagara area.

Douglas J. Borg

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
Thank you for your comments. We hope that you will be able to visit us again perhaps in the near future. Marcie, our Concierge, takes great pride in her role at White Oaks and we are so happy to hear that she was of great assistance to you during your stay.
Burlington, Canada
Reviewed 28 December 2010

This is one of the most beautiful resorts we have stayed at. We needed a weekend away just to relax. Everything was perfect from the time we arrived. The service is outstanding! Our room was gorgeous. We stayed on the 5th floor in a room with a fireplace, double Jacuzzi soaker and canopy bed. We had a bottle of wine delivered upon our arrival which came with a fruit tray. Shortly after a complimentary cheese tray arrived - I think because they knew it was a special relaxing weekend for us. The package we had included dinner at there 5 star restaurant LIV which was fabulous. We didn't get a chance to try PLAY their new bar/causal restaurant but the menu looked very interesting - great for healthy eating. Next time we would definitely try the club because I understand it is the best in the province. Tips: book a spa treatment in advance. Try a wine tour while there.

Burlington, Canada
Reviewed 26 December 2010

We have been going to The White Oaks Conference Resort and Spa for over 25 years. We have never been disappointed. The rooms are beautiful, dining at LIV is always wonderful and the kindness and customer service of this Family Run destination is always first rate.

We always enjoy the Spa and the Tennis facilities are first rate! In short, we love staying at White Oaks. This Hotel, Conference Center, Fitness Center and Spa deserve all the great success they have achieved over the years. BRAVO!!!

Hamilton, Canada
Reviewed 23 December 2010

We recently stayed at White Oaks in order to have a brief relaxing break before Christmas.
The hotel was beautifully decorated for the season and we were welcomed immediately by the staff on arrival. The property is unique with a variety of amenities/facilities and interesting design features.
Our room was very good and we had an excellent dinner in the LIV dining room. The service was professional as well as friendly--(not always the case in this type of fine dining room) and the menu/wine selection was extensive. The food and wine were very good --the attention to detail in the service as well as the facility was impressive.
We had breakfast the next morning and omce again found friendly professional staff, a wide range of healthy choices on the menu and a clean bright environment to enjoy our meal. Although we did not use the pool and spa facilities this time we have used them before and found them to be first class.
A really enjoyable getaway.

Markham, Canada
Reviewed 22 December 2010

We stayed at White Oak, Niagara on the Lake for two days, the room was excellent and the dinner we had for 14 people was fantastic. The service was super and delicious wines

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Niagara-on-the-Lake
Hilton Garden Inn Niagara-on-the-Lake
Hilton Garden Inn Niagara-on-the...
#9 of 15 in Niagara-on-the-Lake
#2 of 128 in Niagara Falls
South Landing Inn
South Landing Inn
#1 of 1 in Queenston

Been to White Oaks Conference Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!