Oban Inn, Spa and Restaurant
Harbour House Hotel(Niagara-on-the-Lake)
US$180
Moffat Inn(Niagara-on-the-Lake)(Great Value!)
US$151
Riverbend Inn and Vineyard(Niagara-on-the-Lake)(Great Value!)
US$163
US$148
Hotels.com
Shaw Club Hotel(Niagara-on-the-Lake)(Great Value!)
US$156
Prince of Wales(Niagara-on-the-Lake)
US$232
  • Pool
Hilton Garden Inn Niagara-on-the-Lake(Niagara-on-the-Lake)(Great Value!)
US$146
US$123
Best Western Colonel Butler Inn(Niagara-on-the-Lake)(Great Value!)
US$179
US$157
Travelocity
US$225
US$214
124 on Queen Hotel and Spa(Niagara-on-the-Lake)(Great Value!)
US$364
US$317
South Landing Inn(Queenston)(Great Value!)
US$123
All reviewscontinental breakfasthard boiled eggsmy husband and ilake ontariopremium kingyogurtgolf clubmain buildingsteam roomqueen roompool and hot tubtwo blocksthe blue roomcouples massageturn down serviceget awayshaw festival
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 February 2014 via mobile

First time staying at the Oban Inn. Loved it!! We called to see if we could check in early and we're told no problem. Upon check in we were then informed that we were given a free upgrade to a deluxe king suite with fireplace!! What a great surprise! Also, our free breakfast would be delivered to our room instead of coming to dining room. Ordered lunch through room service. Food came fast and hot. Had an amazing dinner in the dining room. Our server, Kim, was great and could answer any questions we had. The room was beautifully decorated. Our breakfast was delivered in the morning (we got to pick the time) and was a wonderful assortment of pastries, fruit, cheese, ham, hard boiled egg, yoghurt, juice and coffee. All in all a great experience!!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Kim529
Reviewed 17 January 2014

We had a lovely stay here, and even some wonderful surprises. The staff are very friendly, and polite. We were upgraded to a superior room, with a wonderful view, and heated sunroom. What a perfect place for our room service breakfast.
The hotel is very clean, welcoming and comfortable. The steam room was a new experience and the staff were happy to let us try it even though we were the only ones wanting to use it. The spa is very clean and again wonderful staff.

Room Tip: Second floor - room 6 has a great view of Lake Ontario, yet has trees outside for a bit of privacy - a great room!
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank 21ski
Reviewed 16 January 2014

I awoke at 3am the morning of my reservation with a sudden sore throat and a low grade fever. It was a certainty that the spa vacation I had spontaneously planned for my birthday should be rescheduled. The chills and raspy cough which closely followed in the next hour made any possibility of travel a near impossibility. I had just made my reservation for four days at The Oban Inn earlier that day and was extremely disappointed that my birthday plans were compromised..
I am no stranger to "policy" but have found in my travels as in life, that there are always exceptions and that a customer's story deserves to be received with both attention and consideration by management. Usually, there is some semblance of an accommodation made for the customer. Isn't that what management does....make situations which are conflictual more palatable?
The night desk person relayed that there are no cancellations in a guaranteed reservation. I was told that the manager arrived at 8am so I requested that she call me first thing in the morning. At 9am the manager had not yet returned my call nor did she ever get back to me. I reiterated my ill health when I arrived and the desk personal repeated the same policy as I would expect but the manager again was not to be found. No attempt was made by management to speak with me or to make my stay more comfortable during my entire stay. This is a small boutique hotel which was sparsely booked and it was off season in the dead of winter. I may have been one of the only overnight guests for some part of my stay so an encounter by the manager at some point would have been appropriate and certainly expected, especially since she never returned my call.
When I checked out, I again requested to speak with the manager who was on the phone in her office and on site when the desk person tried to contact her as per my request. The front desk person then politely escorted me to the waiting area until the manager was off the phone. After waiting 10 minutes I was told that she was "not in".
This Inn is rated as a four diamond property. I am aghast at the rude and insensitive way that this manager treated a situation which could have been handled in a most suitable way for both me and the hotel. I am quite certain that a reschedule of my trip would have been arranged by a more seasoned manager without any problem whatsoever. The fact that she intentionally avoided me is insulting and grossly unprofessional.
My last request to the front desk person before leaving was that the manager kindly call me. Of course it is no surprise that at the time of this writing I have not yet received word from her.
While the hotel has a certain charm I would not return despite its' redeeming qualities of a polite and personable staff and adequate cuisine.
The reflection of the absent, aloof and rude managerial style relays a message which lacks hospitality, warmth, personalization and the optimum quality of stay which befits a four diamond establishment. Come out of your cave Ms. Manager and meet and interact with your clientele.....your staff might appreciate a little interaction as well!

Room Tip: Some rooms have a terrace overlooking the lake....request an upgrade for a sitting area which is glass enclosed.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank antonia s
Reviewed 2 January 2014

On November 24 we made reservations for a two night stay, Dec.30 and 31, in a premium room in the inn. At the time of confirming our stay we requested a table for four, near the window ,in the dining room for a New Year's Eve dinner with friends and were told this was possible. When we arrived at the inn on Dec.30 we made a point of going into the dining room ,and with the assistance of a staff member ,chose the table for dinner on Dec.31st. When we arrived, on time, for our 8:00 dinner reservation on Dec.31 the hostess asked for our name and ushered us to a table away from the main dining room and hence away from the window. We were told table reservations was not a policy of the inn. We had our choice of waiting for the diners at our table of choice or sit somewhere else. No apologies for misinformation. Interesting to note the dining room was not full. Our request could have been honoured with a little thoughtfulness on the part of the hostess
We had two lunches and two dinners in Niagara on the Lake. The lunches were at Peller Estates and at Trius Winery restaurant. The dinners were at the Charles Inn and at the OBAN Inn. We were pleasantly surprised at the quality of both lunches, happy with dinner at the Charles Inn ,where we had dined on a previous trip, and disappointed in the OBAN inn both for the reason given above and in the selection and quality of the food. Of the four places we ate on this two day trip OBAN Inn did not rank in the top three.
One last point: A. Continental breakfast was served on the 30th and it was adequate. There was no hot breakfast available which seems odd. Our room cost $220.00 per night

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Ken G
Reviewed 1 January 2014

As return visitors, we can highly recommend this as one of the best restaurants in beautiful Niagara-on-the-lake and in the whole region. Dinner is an elegant experience. Marvelous service, excellent food. Wide range of local wines available. Price is not expensive for the quality of the experience. Location just off the main drag and near the oldest golf course in Canada. Big city sophistication, more than you might expect in a resort town.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple