“Great Birthday Treat”

The Pillar and Post Inn, Spa and Conference Centre
Reviewed 1 April 2014

First stay at the Pillar an post - had a wonderful night! Staff were great. Check in/out was fast. Stayed in one of the 2 room suites with jetted tub and fireplace - clean and very cozy. Had dinner in the Cannery Restaurant. Awesome dinner.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lynne R
Property-Services, General Manager's Office at The Pillar and Post Inn, Spa and Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to let everyone know about your wonderful experience with us at the Pillar and Post. We were happy to be a part of your special birthday celebration get-away and we look forward to seeing you in the near future!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,150)

Reviewed 31 March 2014

The staff was very friendly, staff called us by name at the restaurant which I found was very personal. Pool and hot tubs were clean, loved the outdoor hot tub. Hotel and rooms were clean. The staff could not do enough for us. Excellent experience.

1  Thank Diane C
Reviewed 31 March 2014

The Pillar and Post is a wonderful spot for a variety of reasons. Great for corporate meetings or just a weekend away. My husband and I just spent a weekend away and the food, service and outdoor hot spring will keep us coming back.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

We are very flattered by your compliments and your recommendation! We are so pleased that you love the Pillar and Post, for both professional and personal stays!! We look forward to seeing you in the near future!

Reviewed 26 March 2014

My fiancé and I have stayed at the Pillar and Post twice in the last year- both times in a deluxe room. We LOVE this hotel. It is the perfect spot for a romantic escape and a perfect spot for day tripping and a fun night out in Niagara on the Lake.
Booking process is always smooth and check in a breeze. We both love the old world charm, comfortable beds, cozy fireplaces, and high ceilings. Cozy robes, lovely washrooms and the little details make it just perfect. I also love waking up to a newspaper at my door. Both times we spent the day on wine tours (highly recommend the one offered by the pillar and post- the trolley and touring with a group is a blast!) The outdoor hot springs is very romantic and picturesque- don't miss it, it feels like a little hidden space!

On our last trip my boyfriend had requested the cheese platter and chocolate covered strawberries in the room for my Birthday. Customer Service is impeccable- in addition to his request I was also welcomed by flowers, chilled champagne and chocolates. It truly added to my day- even more so since he chose this evening to propose! Pillar and Post will always be part of our story and will forever hold the best memory!

Do not hesitate to stay here! I know this will be an annual spot for us, if not more. This would also be a great spot for a girls weekend.

And if you happen to be in town- head to to the Old Angel in for great live tunes and drinks. My favourite pub ever!

1  Thank Kate M

We appreciate all your wonderful compliments about our guest rooms and the service that you had received from our staff during your stay. It is always our goal to exceed all expectations so to hear that we did means a great deal to our guest service team. We look forward to your return visit in the near future!

Reviewed 26 March 2014

My wife and I went for a three night stay at the Pillar and Post to celebrate my birthday. The hotel was converted many years ago from a canning factory and it is a large sprawling complex which includes spa facilities. Walking to the sunlit foyer to check in I was immediately impressed with the warm and rich atmosphere. It's a luxurious hotel of the sort that likely can't be built today. March is clearly an off season and the hotel was pretty quiet and it would seem to me that the visitors to this hotel are there to relax so the vibe is respectful, but not stuffy.

Our room was large and well appointed with a king size four poster bed. I've been in newer hotel rooms and fancier hotel rooms but this one had a patina of class. We ate in the dining room twice, once for breakfast and once for supper. The food was very good and the servers were well spoken and attentive. These were special occasion meals but normally we wouldn't be able to justify the prices. Our bill for breakfast was approximately$75.00 before tip and a bottle of wine we buy at the LCBO for $19.00 was $65.00.

We spent time in the outdoor hot tub and we lounged by the pool. We wandered around Niagara on the Lake and we took the slow route to Niagara Falls. Basically we did a whole lot of relaxing and I'd go again.

1  Thank Kevin W
Reviewed 24 March 2014

Bottom Line: Not five-star. Service was great, but the rooms are tired. Didn't meet my high expectations.
I had heard rave reviews of the this hotel, so I was excited when they offered a package through Travelzoo that included dinner as well. Our room was located at the rear of the property, with outside access only. We traveled in March so the outdoor walk wasn't too bad, but be prepared if you are in these rooms in winter.
The lobby is nice - certainly suitable for the Pillar and Post theme. I was really surprised with the size of the restaurant - it is huge. There are fireplaces throughout the restaurant which was great since my wife is typically cold. The prime rib was excellent, although I have never experienced this process where your waiter asks you to rearrange your plate for table-side baked potato service (just unusual). My wife's dinner was overdone and the waiter was very apologetic and arranged for free breakfast the following day, so I'd have to say that the service was top-notch.
The room had a cabin by the lake feel to it, a little musty and worn. It was clean and pleasant, but didn't compare to any five-star property I've ever stayed in. We could hear talking from the adjacent room and a dog barking through the night.
From vintage-hotels.com "Ontario's only five-star country inn.* It's not difficult to see why." I'd beg to differ.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with inside access.
1  Thank khurley6ds5
Property-Services, General Manager's Office at The Pillar and Post Inn, Spa and Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2014

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay; guest feedback is an invaluable tool for us in our quest to provide the ideal guest experience. As for the decor, the Pillar and Post is known for its charm however, we are currently working on the appearance of the hotel and making several changes to be more appealing and better functioning for all of our guests, this will take place in the quieter months when we have fewer guests to inconvenience. I am however, very pleased to hear that the service was "top notch" we pride ourselves on having all guests leave happy and feeling relaxed after some time away from the every day.

Reviewed 24 March 2014

Stayed 2 nights and it was the most relaxing time ever.
Wonderful hotel, staff and dinner.
The perfect room. 140, fireplace, jetted tub, and your own little private patio area.
Dinner both nights were very good.
service was exceptional

Room Tip: Room 140 was perfect. The only draw back is that it is close to the delivery truck area. It had Fire...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

We are very flattered by your compliments and your recommendation! We are so pleased that you love the Pillar and Post, for a relaxing time away!! We look forward to seeing you in the near future!