“Wonderful Place To Stay”

The Pillar and Post Inn, Spa and Conference Centre
Reviewed 8 June 2014

We recently spent two nights at this fine resort destination. The staff were exceptional with their great service and smiles. I really can't say enough about how good they were and their attention to detail. It was my wife's birthday and they treated us like King and Queen. The dinner we had was excellent and the breakfast each morning was amazing. The outdoor pool and hot springs were great. The room was large and comfortable. The King Size bed was a little uncomfortable but I rarely find a bed away from home as comfortable as our own. Highly recommend the experience if you have never been there.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Property-Services, General Manager's Office at The Pillar and Post Inn, Spa and Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to let everyone know about your wonderful experience with us at the Pillar and Post. We were happy to be a part of your wife's special birthday celebration get-away. We look forward to seeing you in the near future!

There are newer reviews for The Pillar and Post Inn, Spa and Conference Centre

Reviewed 7 June 2014

I stayed at the Pillar and Post for three nights at the end of May, beginning of June.

My initial impression with the reservation department was not very reassuring, I had a group rate for the conference I was attending but the reservation department confirmed the conference but could not confirm the rate that I would be charged for the room until check out. I found this to be a little disconcerting especially once I had received the confirmation e-mail which had a rate much higher than the group rate... In the end everything worked out but I would have felt much more comfortable if things were transparent.

The hotel itself is pretty nice, I had asked for a quiet room but in the end I got a room that was relatively noisy, facing on to the pool area. The room itself was very reminiscent of a motel room than the deluxe room it was called. Two queen beds and a corner fireplace were nice, but the connecting door, the brick walls, and the under window air conditioning didn't imply luxury. I could easily here conversations in the adjoining room. That said the beds were comfortable and I was able to get a good nights sleep.

The in room internet was excellent, and included in the room rate.

The conference facilities were excellent as well.

The food was ok, although the service in the restaurant we found to be a bit abrupt at times.

Given the reputation of this hotel, I have to say I came in with high expectations and left somewhat disappointed.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Jayawayfromhome
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Niagara-on-the-Lake is the charming slice of heaven on the south shore of Lake Ontario, and mere miles from the tacky, touristy hell known as Niagara Falls, NY and ONT. If you're into history, this town has plenty from which to partake. The Pillar and Post was our selected stay while on business in nearby St. Catharines. This property is delightful....intimate, through spacious, with amenities galore.....spa, indoor and outdoor pools, beautiful grounds, delightful restaurant and bar. The staff are exceptional, from front desk to bar, to housekeeping (be sure to chat with Margaret), the comforts are top shelf, and the everything is tidy and home-like. We'll be staying here again.

Room Tip: We had a suite which was spacious enough for two, and rooms facing into the garden areas are the way...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank magicxtian63
Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

Was at the P&P on May 25-26th. Hotel is nice, clean and very relaxing get away. Must enjoy the indoor pool by the spa - which is a bit expensive. Tried the Canary restaurant for Sat dinner, and unfortunately, the place was not at it's best due to city wide power outage. A/c needs some fine tuning to bring down the noice level at night time. The room was nice with a pre-lit fire place.

Hotel is within good walking distance to the downtown main steet, and many vinyards, whic are within driving distance.

Would go back and try different places in the area.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 May 2014

The Pillar and Post is second to none! We held our wedding here in April 2014. The staff were incredibly attentive and demonstrated a willingness to attend to the needs of us and our wedding guests. All of the guest suites were well maintained and extremely clean. The food for the wedding, rehearsal, and for dinners in the pub and through room service was incredible! We had some services done at the spa as well. Again, the staff were extremely pleasant and the facilities were remarkable. It is clear that the staff and management throughout the hotel have a passion for providing exceptional service and ensuring that every guest is taken care of. Sandra White was particularly attentive and helpful through our wedding planning process. She was always available to answer our questions and made sure that all of the details of our perfect day was taken care of. We highly recommend the Pillar and Post for all of the services they provide, and we can't wait until we have the opportunity to visit again. Paige & Brian Vitola

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Property-Services, General Manager's Office at The Pillar and Post Inn, Spa and Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Wow! Thank you very much for your kind words! We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed and appreciated all of our little added touches for your wedding. We are very thankful to have such wonderful staff that truly cares about our guests and their needs and we do pride ourselves on the service that we provide. Congratulations to you both and we hope to see you back at the Pillar and Post!

Reviewed 31 May 2014

What can I possibly say about the Pillar and Post? Our room (115) overlooked a lovely rose garden, and was peaceful and quiet. The bar was very relaxing, and the pool area was warm and inviting. It's also a short walk to the charming downtown. Today is my first night home, and I'm wishing I was still there.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank A2redhead

We are very flattered by your compliments and your recommendation! We are so pleased that you love the Pillar and Post and that you enjoyed some time away from the everyday, we look forward to seeing you in the near future!

Reviewed 30 May 2014

The service was unbelievable! I was a little skeptical at first when I had to go down a set of stairs to get to the spa, but it is a hidden gem. Everyone was pleasant and I had the best deep tissue massage ever! I was able to order a Caesar salad which I ate while getting a pedicure since we had to wait over a hour. I was able to take home the supplies used from my pedicure home. I would highly recommend the spa services here!

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you very much for your kind words. I am thrilled to see that you enjoyed and appreciated all of our little added touches. We are very thankful to have such a wonderful staff that truly cares about our guests and their needs. I will be sure to let the spa know how much you appreciated their efforts.