Niagara on the Lake is a picture-perfect little town with the most beautiful flowers cascading from every window, and quaint shops, many hotels, spas, and wineries from which to choose.
My husband chose The Pillar and Post hotel for a 5 day family trip with our three college-age children and everyone was very happy. Our two rooms were very perfectly equipped, spacious, comfortable, and very quiet at night. Attentive staff--from housekeepers to waitstaff to spa staff and repairmen--were extremely friendly and helpful. We had to speak to the manager about an unexpected change in our plans and he as well as the other front desk team members were extremely accommodating and professional. We were very appreciative of their kindness and understanding.
Outdoor and indoor pools were clean and well maintained and the whirlpool were so nice to have available. Hotel gym was small but very adequate, the spa was beautiful with great services--we used all of these facilities and were very pleased.
We ate breakfast, lunch and dinner at the hotel restaurant a number of times and every meal was excellent--no exceptions. At dinner one night when our son asked for his prime rib to be cooked a bit longer, it was promptly replaced by a more well-done piece that was perfect.
The friendly servers often shared great tips for things to do in the area which we found to be very helpful. I remarked to one waitress that this must be a great place to work because every employee seems so happy and she didn't hesitate in telling us that she loves her job and her colleagues and has worked there for many years. Happy employees definitely impact your stay, especially when you book for a number of days.
The beautiful town with great restaurant options is less than a 1/2 mile walk but our kids enjoyed eating at the hotel most of the time. We usually drove and had no problem parking in the bustling town. The hotel does provide shuttle service to town too.
The Shaw Festival (of plays) is another area option not to be missed--we saw two plays that were terrific. A 20 minute drive to Niagara Falls (Canadian side viewing is best) was definitely worthwhile too.
Thanks to The Pillar and Post for a great family trip!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Pillar and Post Inn, Spa and Conference Centre's original structure was built in the late 1890's as a canning factory, and since has been lovingly transformed into a charming country inn. With its relaxed elegance, modern amenities, indoor and outdoor pools, and exotic hot springs pool at 100 Fountain Spa, #1 spa in North America (Spas of America 2007-8), Pillar and Post is an ideal setting for a spa getaway, wedding, conference, or family vacation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Priceline, TravelUp, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and Hotel.de so you can book your The Pillar and Post Inn, Spa and Conference Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pillar And Post Niagara
- Pillar And Post Hotel
- The Pillar And Post Hotel
- Inn Pillar Post
- Pillar Post Inn
- Pillar & Post Hotel
- Pillar & Post Niagara Lake