“Great customer service makes you feel like you are at home!”

The Drawing Room at the Prince of Wales Hotel
Reserve with OpenTable
The Drawing Room at the Prince of Wales Hotel is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Price range: US$30 - US$50
Cuisines: British, Canadian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: King Street
Description: Treat yourself to a taste of Victorian elegance in the Drawing Room of the Prince of Wales hotel. Take your little prince or princess back in time with ornately decorated tea sets, tasty scones and over-the-top royal treatment. Time travel never seemed so luxurious. Visit Niagara-on-the-Lake to rediscover the attention-to-detail that defined a more elegant era. Celebrate special occasions with a selection of Artisan cheeses and sparkling wines. Toast to the picture perfect girls' day with finger sandwiches, delicate desserts and morning mimosas. Delight in quality time with friends and family in an atmosphere of high taste in every sense of the word. From the adornment of rose chandeliers to floral table clothes and teapots, Prince of Wales brings your whimsical garden party indoors. Our Victorian Tea Room and English delicacies are fit to be enjoyed by guests who appreciate regal treatment with an imaginative twist.
Canada
“Great customer service makes you feel like you are at home!”
Reviewed 26 October 2013

I have heard of this high tea place for the longest time so we finally went with family and friends -- 5 adults, 3 kids and 1 baby on the Thanksgiving long weekend.

We have made a reservation via the 1-888 or 1-800 number on their official website a few days ahead of time to ensure we get a table that can see the street view.

As soon as we arrived, we received a warm welcome from a lady at the entrance of the restaurant. Soon after our server Christy showed up to welcome us and showed us to our table. Always happy, helpful and attentive to our needs, Christy could become our reason to return before we even tasted our food there!!

Each adult has ordered the traditional tea $33/adult and an addiotional of 2 adults traditional tea for 3 kids ages 4,3 & 2. Overall the food and tea were great! Everyone including the kids were satisfied with the food/tea/juice we had.

Just a side note, there is a park right accross from the restaurant. Also, if walk down towards the lake for about 2 to 3 blocks, there is a nice rocky beach area with path right by the lake where lots of people would take pictures or strolled along for a walk. It is much windier there so ensure to dress warm!!

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank DDDoggy

• Turkish first
Burlington, Canada
“Another fantastic high tea experience!”
Reviewed 17 October 2013

My husband and I have treated ourselves to High Tea at the Prince of Wales Hotel in Niagara on the Lake several times in the past and it NEVER disappoints. Our most recent reservation was October 12th mid day. The best way to describe the drawing room is cozy yet elegant and the service, food and presentation are top notch! When we want to treat a family member or friend to a special meal, this is top of our list. It is just that, a lovely treat that needs to be experienced. If you're in Niagara on the Lake on a date, anniversary trip or simply walking the the shops for an afternoon...consider tea at the Drawing Room and watch the world go by. If you do make your reservation, request the Solarium and also ask if Grace will be there because she is an incredible Server. Tell her we said hello!

Keep up the great work. Once you go once you are hooked!

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Kelly P
Richmond Hill, Canada
“Afternoon Tea NOT a HIGH Tea”
Reviewed 6 October 2013

Afternoon Tea at the Prince of Wales Hotel, is a beautiful, historic hotel serving Afternoon Tea between noon and 6 pm, and reservations are recommended.

I had been looking forward to HIGH TEA for many months, so was disappointed.

As I was by myself at a coffee table with two other ladies who were friends, a tiered cake plate for one, was placed in front of me. It all looked very nice BUT I would prefer to choose my own sandwiches and pastries and didn't particularly like what was served to me.

I had intended to go back another day for TEA, however changed my mind. Once was enough for me. Please don't let this influence your decision to go, you are not me and my taste buds.

1 Thank jackieb348
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
“Luncheon, Prince Royalty Style”
Reviewed 18 September 2013

I had the pleasure of enjoying lunch in the Drawing Room of the Oban Inn in Niagara-on-the-Lake last Tuesday, September 10, 2013. The ambience is of simple elegance - lovely, without being over the top. The furnishings are antique, lending a certain quaintness to the room. On the walls are photographs of celebrities, and a large one of famous playwright George Bernard Shaw.

The restaurant looks directly onto the main thoroughfare, with views of flora and a park across the street.

The service was excellent, from the hostess to my server. All details were well taken care of by these fine people.

I enjoyed the flavourful food: the vegetable soup and a tasty Caesar salad.

This is a restaurant which I would highly recommend to people to enjoy.

1 Thank Gail B
Jonesborough, Tennessee, United States
“Charming”
Reviewed 13 September 2013

We had a terrific eclectic lunch at this historic hotel. The staff was attentive and the decor was charming. A beautiful view of the street that is well groomed with flowers.

1 Thank colfal8