“Great lunch”
Review of Coach & Horses Pub - CLOSED

Coach & Horses Pub
Cuisines: International
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Tasty pub fare, fine wines and a wide selection of cold brews on tap from 11:00am to midnight daily in a cozy English-style atmosphere.
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Stopped in for a quick bite before our tour. Had a wonderful roast veggie pizza and wine. Great staff, very friendly and helpful. Well worth the stop.

Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

What a gem this place is. The food is amazing, the atmosphere is perfect and the service is super friendly and impeccable. I will 100% be back.

1  Thank Alice B
Reviewed 18 July 2014

Holly and Daniel were so personable and made great recommendations. Top notch burger and fish&chips. Like coming home...we'll be back!!!

Reviewed 14 July 2014

We went here for a late evening meal and had some finger foods. We wanted to try a variety of bar snacks. We had veggie samosas, which were a bit spicy but very tasty, especially with the mango chutney; jalapeño poppers which are always a good snack; and sweet potato fries which were sprinkled with sea salt and came with delicious chipotle mayo.

We very much enjoyed the food, but the real highlight was the bartender/server, Daniel. He was a delight to chat with!

Reviewed 13 July 2014

We were looking for an affordable place to get a bite to eat after spending the day around the Niagara on the Lake region. We wandered across the pub and decided it was perfect. I love basement bars and this one fit the bill. There were a few other people there, but mostly it was pretty empty, which was both a good and bad thing I guess. Our waiter was great. He was really nice and informative about everything and we had a nice chat about the world cup.

I ordered the special for the night, Naan pizza and a side salad and my boyfriend got the fish and chips. The pizza was all right, nothing amazing, and the salad was good, but the fish and chips were great. I wish I had ordered that. Their homemade tartar sauce was fantastic. We each had a pint, which were reasonably priced compared to other restaurants in the area, and they had a lot of local brews, which I liked. Overall it was a good meal for a good price.

I would have liked a better atmosphere but it could have just been the time and day we were there. I would stop back here for a pint and an affordable meal when we go to Niagara on the Lake next time.