“Great time!” 4 of 5 bubbles

US$107.13*
and up
Niagara-on-the-Lake Wine-Tasting Tour with Gourmet Lunch or Dinner
More attraction details
Owner description: Grape Escape Wine Tours offer daily tours by passenger vehicle or bicycle. A fun and educational way to learn about the winemaking process from vineyard to tasting room. Sample the regions finest and rarest wines including Ice-wine and experience the beauty of Niagara on the Lake. Our tours can include gourmet lunch or dinner at one of the finest restaurants in the area or simply a cheese platter to pair with your wines. We cater for Corporate, custom and group tours and our expert and knowledgeable guides will ensure you have a truly memorable experience.
Toronto, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great time!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2013

We were picked up at our B&B by a very knowledgeable and great driver named Keith. We visited 4 wineries and had a nice lunch included. There were only 4 of us in the group so we had plenty of room in the van and were never rushed. The only thing that stopped me from rating this as excellent was that the third of four wineries we visited failed to impress any of us on the tour. High marks go to Keith from Grape Escapes as well as the employees at Pond View, Hinterbrook and Pillitteri wineries who made it a fun and educational experience.

1 Thank ACDICARLO

Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Keith is Great!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2013

We traveled to Canada from Pennsylvania over Columbus Day weekend and had a terrific time. Keith was a very personable tour guide. He picked us up at our hotel in Niagara Falls and took us to 4 exquisite wineries. He knew all the ins and outs of the wineries and gave us a few recipe ideas to take home as well. We took the afternoon tour with the cheese pairing and they did a great job with it. I was recommended by a co-worker to go on this tour and I will recommend all friends in the future. October was the perfect time to go. Beautiful foliage.

Glassboro, New Jersey
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Excellent Day!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2013

We loved this tour! Less than 30 minutes from Niagara Falls! It included a tour of one winery with tasting, as well as tastings at four other wineries, and a very good lunch at an area market. We tasted many excellent wines and purchased 6 bottles along the way, which the tour company delivered to us at the end of the tour. Take time either before or after the tour to visit the Niagara-on-the-Lake.

Visited September 2013
TORONTO
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 63 helpful votes
“Nice Way To Spend an Afternoon”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2013

Booking was fairly easy but a little disappointing. When I made the booking I had inquired about upgrading the cheese pairing to possibly a lite snack but not quite lunch and the gentlemen was going call some of the wineries and get back to me but he never did. 3 days before our tour I had not heard from anyone regarding the procedure for pick up so I had to call them. I had confirmed the booking for 7 people but when I called they said it was only confirmed for 6 and this may pose a problem for all going in the same vehicle but she would call back in a few minutes. I heard nothing back, so the next day I phoned them again. When I mentioned to the lady that she was supposed to get back to me yesterday she made no apologies or explanation but then transferred me to a gentlemen who said it was just a mix up and it would be no problem. I’m happy that they sorted it all out but I wish it had been handled in a better way. I was told the time and place to meet and to be lookout for a minivan with signage. We all stood in the parking area waiting for a minivan, when gentlemen came up and asked if we were the Grape Escapes group? We I replied yes, he got very irritated. He started going on about how he had walked by us several times and had been looking for us for 10 minutes. When I told him were expecting, and on the lookout for a minivan (he drove a very large SUV), instead of being apologetic he started ranting about how he couldn’t possibly stand out any more in crowd with all the logo’s he had on(a hat and small patch on his jacket) and didn’t we notice him? Let’s just say the trip started on a very sour note for all of us. We were picked up at 12:30 and although I had requested a later pick up because we were all coming in from out of town, I was told the given it was their busiest day of the week it would not be possible but we then spent the next hour driving around trying to kill time because our 1st tour did not start till 1:30. The wineries were nice but don’t expect much from the cheese pairing. We got 3 pieces of cheese each and they were so small you could have put them all on 1 cracker. It wasn’t a total disappointment because it made for good laughs with our group throughout the day. Our driver warmed up to the group and it ended up being a nice afternoon. We did request to visit a particular winery and they did accommodate us so that was a definite plus for us. I’m sure it would have been a different experience with a different tour guide.

1 Thank DREAMEN.FOOL
Regina, Canada
4 attraction reviews
“Wine Tasting Tour and Gourmet Lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2013

This was an excellent tour that combined a wine tasting tour with sight seeing along the way. Our tour guide, Grahame, was a great source of history on the region and was very knowledgeable about the wineries and local areas of interest. We were given a tour of a larger winery known for its ice wine, and four smaller/boutique wineries. Our luncheon was at Strewn's French restaurant (the lemon goat cheesecake was phenomenal). The entire tour was approximately 5 hours, and I would highly recommend it. The tour of wine cellars requires an ability to do stairs.