“Great food served with great wine”
Review of Trius Winery

and up
Niagara Falls and Winery Helicopter Tour
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Trius Winery is a Niagara winemaking pioneer. For more than 30 years, we have been crafting fine VQA wines from premium grapes grown in the four appellations of Niagara-on-the-Lake. Nestled between the Niagara escarpment and Lake Ontario, we have made our home in a wine growing region that provides the diversity to grow a number of varietals in unique growing conditions. Our winery provides both a wine and culinary journey like no other. A visit to Trius Winery is an unrushed sensory experience, a time out that lets you taste, feel and discover. Our wines and menus are inspired by the seasonal evolution of the vines that surround us, and the local produce that grows beside them. Our wines, our dining, and our daily events for the wine lover and Wine Club members make Trius Winery the perfect destination for your wine country visit.
Reviewed 22 February 2014

We had diner at Trius Winery Restaurant to celebrate friends special wedding anniversary. They had never experienced Chef Dodd's culinary expertise so it was all the more special.
I had my favourite Lamb Shank as the main course and the meat just fell off the bone. All enjoyed the service and the great Trius wine pairings. The server went to great trouble to explain each dish which made the food all the more enjoyable.
Highly recommend you try the restaurant with Fabulicious coming up next week!!

Reviewed 7 January 2014

We had a wonderful sparkling reception followed by six courses of delectable food and wine pairings. The only down side was the after dinner music and dancing which could have been better. However, the open bar with lovely wines and another great dessert made up for it.

Reviewed 29 December 2013 via mobile

Kim is great! Very educated on the wine and was able to direct us to other attractions and restaurants. The wine is a little expensive for me but very reasonable charges for wine tastings.

Reviewed 19 November 2013

I went to Trius Winery at Hillebrand last week with a group of friends for Fabulicious. It was my first time at the restaurant and I couldn't have had a better experience. The wait staff was extremely attentive and prompt. They took the time to explain each course, even when all four of us had different dishes.
The meal was outstanding! The chicken liver parfait was the best parfait/pate I've ever had in my life and I've eaten at Alinea and other world-renowned restaurants. My burger was to die for with the homemade ketchup; better than Heinz. The pear dessert was an excellent course to end the meal. Thank you to the dining room staff for ensuring such an enjoyable visit. Can't wait to go again.

Reviewed 11 November 2013

My husband and I got a certificate for wine tasting at Hillebrand and three other places. This is, by far, the location the has the best tasting wines. The employees are totally fine with you admitting that you may not know as much about wine as you would like, and they are completely open to educating you. if you so please. Their wines are by far the best I'd tasted between the four that we had tasted, and I hope to go back soon to replenish our wine cabinet.

2  Thank Rachel N