“The Girls- sisters, niece, and friends!”
Review of Shaw Club Hotel

Shaw Club Hotel
Uxbridge, Ontario, Canada
“The Girls- sisters, niece, and friends!”
Reviewed 9 November 2013

My Niece Amanda co-ordinated everything with Cooper Smith- The rooms, meals,winery, spa etc everything was great! We where treated wonderfully from the time we arrived - a little bubbly- to leaving- making sure we had everything we came with. I highly recommend The Shaw Club.Thanks again I will be back!

Room Tip: No pool but a small exercise room if you need it Not for children , nice for adults wanting a night...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (214)
Burlington, Canada
Reviewed 8 November 2013

We had a great experience at the shaw club and spa. One night with a fantastic 3 course meal at Zee's with vegan options!!! and a great massage followed by a day on the town. So many little extras from items we had forgotten to bottles of water and two extra $25 spa vouchers. Non stop polite service from all staff. I can't wait to go back.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Lisa M, Guest Relations Manager at Shaw Club Hotel, responded to this review, 28 November 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review, we love to hear how our guest’s experiences were during your stay with us. Zee’s is always a must when visiting beautiful Niagara-on-the-Lake! Our staff are always eager to please in any way they can. I look forward to welcoming you back to Shaw Club Hotel & Spa soon!

Yours in Hospitaltiy,
Sudbury, Canada
Reviewed 7 November 2013

Just got back from a mini vacation to NOTL as I have never been. At the recommendation of a friend I stayed at the Shaw Club. I have to say, I have stayed in a lot of hotels and this is one of the best. It was clean and my room was beautiful. From the moment I made my reservation to the time I checked out, the staff couldn't have been more helpful.

My first night I ate as Zee's (which I have done a review for) and its not just a hotel restaurant. Its a destination on it's own. Ask for Kim, great server.

As mentioned it was my first trip down to take in the area and the wineries and the hotel made it a great memory for me. will definitely be back.

as for the negative reviews I can only guess there are people out there you just can't please.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank cathy191
Thank you for choosing Shaw Club Hotel & Spa for your first visit to beautiful Niagara-on-the-Lake! I’m thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us and I will be sure to pass on your kind words to Kim, she is truly a shining star at Zee’s Grill.

Reviewed 6 November 2013

I've never traveled to a hotel with my dog before. They have a couple dog friendly rooms that not only have dog beds and bowls but they even helped take my dog for a walk during my conference at the hotel and even moved my dog into another room after checkout so I could still attend my afternoon meetings. Took all the stress away.

• Stayed November 2013
We are always happy to see our guests bring their dogs stay with us in one of our pet friendly rooms! Many of us are dog lovers and are thrilled when we get to interact with our furry guests. Thank you for taking the time to reflect on your stay, we hope you and Fred will be able to visit us again in the near future!

Lexington, Massachusetts
Reviewed 6 November 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Shaw Club last summer -- our first visit to the Shaw Festival. You could not ask for a better location, combining easy access to all venues and the quiet of being a block or two from the center of town. The small rooms are well appointed and comfortable. Cooper Smith is a great source of information and service. Breakfast (ours was included) was excellent. We were disappointed in Zees for lunch and for dinner; pretentious and and prices were not justified. But NOTL and vicinity provide many food choices, ranging from simple to haute.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us! Thank you for choosing Shaw Club Hotel & Spa for your first visit to beautiful Niagara-on-the-Lake. Cooper has been a wonderful addition to our team this year, I’m happy to hear that he was able to share his knowledge with you. I look forward to saying hello during your next visit!

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 4 November 2013

My husband and I just returned from our second trip to the Shaw Club, and can't wait to plan our next trip back! The hotel is lovely, the rooms are very comfortable, Zee's is delicious, and the staff are extremely helpful and knowledgeable. Lisa and Cooper (the concierge), were FANTASTIC! From winery referrals, restaurant suggestions, to tickets to the Shaw Festival; no request was too big or too small.
With so many options of wineries and restaurants, thanks to the help from the staff, we have our next trip already planned!!!

Room Tip: Were on the second floor, balcony, king bed, facing the Shaw Festival theatre. Will definitely book...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Hi Peter & Indre,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review, we truly appreciate it! It was an absolute pleasure to take care of all of your needs during your stay in beautiful Niagara-on-the-Lake. We look forward to assisting you with your next visit!

Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed 4 November 2013

We had a ladies’ weekend in NOTL recently and stayed at Shaw Club. Cooper was a fantastic help through my entire planning process, since I was gathering friends and family in various parts of Ontario and the US. Upon our arrival, the entire staff was friendly and helpful. The staff at the hotel’s restaurant, Zee’s Grill, were so attentive and personable, and all the food was fantastic at every meal. Outdoor dining on the wrap-around deck was a treat. Clear “walls” and ceiling heaters kept us cozy and dry, even though the weather was rainy and chilly. The Lobster Poutine on the lunch/dinner menu and real Canadian Peameal Back Bacon served with breakfast are not things easily found in the US, so I made sure to include those in my menu choices. Delish!

The hotel rooms were beautiful, with rain-style showerheads and an overall modern feel. The private lounge off the main lobby was a treat with the fireplace, personal cup coffee brewer (I believe it’s a Keurig), and a laptop available for guests to surf the web if they choose to. They also have DVDs available in the lounge. The hotel shuttle took us to Peller Estates for dinner and picked us up after so we didn’t have to worry about who would be the DD. We decided to go to Peller just earlier that day, and luckily Cooper was able to reserve a great table for the 8 of us.

My mom saw on the website that the hotel offered a guest fish available during our stay. When I mentioned this to Cooper, he promised to have a fish in each of our rooms. This simple treat really entertained mom and had her feeling like a special guest. It was a great touch.
When it came time to tour the wineries, Cooper added notes to the area map to let us know his favorite wineries and the wine selections he recommended at each. He really knows where to go and who to ask for.

All of my planning and travel, had my shoulders in knots, but Will at the Shaw Spa really helped to relax the tension and allow me to enjoy the rest of my trip easily. Mom and my aunts loved their manicures too. The spa is small and boutique style, so I recommend visiting the spa upon arrival to see what is available, and book your services ahead of time.

Overall, we had an amazing weekend and are already talking about going back next year. Great job, Shaw Club!

Room Tip: Not all rooms have the rain-style shower heads in the bathroom, so be sure to ask if that's some...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderfully detailed review! Cooper has an abundance of knowledge about the area, I’m thrilled he was able to share it with you. I’m happy to hear you enjoyed all the amenities we have to offer including our pet fish who kept your mom company during your stay! I hope to see you soon at Shaw Club Hotel & Spa.