“One of the best!!!”

Shaw Club Hotel
Buffalo, New York
“One of the best!!!”
Reviewed 31 January 2014

This was the first time in 6 years that me and my husband had a romantic overnight. We love Niagara on the Lake and we wanted a nice hotel. First time ever and I can't wait to come back. The people at the hotel are awesome!!!!!!! Our room wasn't ready since we came early but we didn't care, we took the time to walk around the streets and have lunch. When we came back our luggage was already in our beautiful room. The bathroom was insane and just awesome, the room was so nice and cozy and bed divine! I wanted to purchase some water, when I went the bar was close, I employed went open the bar at the restaurant, gave me two bottles of water and did not charge me! I couldn't believe it! She was so nice and wanted to make sure I had everything I need it, FYI she was on her way out, just finish her shift and came back just for me. I live the fire place room, with the movies, tea and coffee. It was just so relaxing and I just love the staff!!!!! Counting the days when me and my husband can come back!!!

1 Thank michelle r
Lisa M, Guest Relations Manager at Shaw Club Hotel, responded to this review, 9 February 2014
Thank you for choosing Shaw Club Hotel & Spa for your first getaway in 6 years! I’m thrilled to hear one of our team members went out of her way to assist you. Our guest services team are doing an amazing job and recognition from guests is always appreciated. We are counting the days until we have the opportunity to welcome you back!

Yours in Hospitality
Guest Services Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (215)
Westfield, New Jersey
Reviewed 29 January 2014

My husband and I booked 1 night in the King Balcony Suite for a mini-vacation the week after Christmas. The spacious suite was luxurious and well-equipped, with an extra large, 2-person soaking jacuzzi, fireplace, and separate living and bedrooms. The king-sized bed was ultra comfortable with soft linens and fluffy pillows. We did not make use of the balcony because of the weather, but we plan to return in the spring or summer and will surely book here again. The staff of the Shaw Club were accommodating, welcoming, and friendly. The proximity to all the shops and restaurants (but quieter because it is at the end of the main road) makes this the perfect location. We spent the afternoon touring local wineries and actually looked forward to returning to our room for respite. Highly recommended!

Room Tip: Splurge for the King Balcony Suite - totally worth it! Go to the local restaurants rather than the...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for recommending us to potential future guests! I’m happy to hear you enjoyed all of the luxurious amenities in our superior king suite. You just can’t go wrong with a two person air jet tub and fireplace for a winter getaway! I look forward to welcoming you back in the spring or summer!

Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 28 January 2014

My wife took care of booking this getaway for a Sunday night stay at the Shaw Club, celebrating a belated wedding anniversary. We reserved a room with a fireplace which also had a nice big king bed.

Upon arrival we parked in the rear of the building with convenient access to the lobby. We were immediately greated by a young lady who offered to help us with our bags. Check in was fast and she showed us to our room, just a few steps from the lobby. As soon as we entered the room we could detect a pleasant fresh aroma, apparently from the green cleaning agents they use. The decor is modern chic, with little surprises around every corner. We opted for the pet Betta fish for our room which was brought in by the hostess and he (Bernie the betta splendens) provided pleasant yet quiet company for us. We have stayed at many hotels and resorts over the years, including ones in Niagara On The Lake, but the Shaw Club stood out for us. Please take a moment to read the other reviews for more details, but essentially for us it came down to the decor, excellent service and a delicious breakfast the next morning.

When we return to Niagara we will definitely stay here again and will recommend the Shaw Club to our friends. Thanks to the young ladies at check in, Jane in the restaurant (Zees), and Cooper at check out.

Room Tip: We had a main floor room with a fireplace as it was in January. Other room options include balconies...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Lisa M, Guest Relations Manager at Shaw Club Hotel, responded to this review, 4 February 2014
Thank you for taking the time to reflect on your stay with us, I truly appreciate it! I’m ecstatic to hear that Bernie kept you company during your stay with us. I will be sure to pass on your kind comments to rest of the team, they will be happy to hear they impacted your experience with us. I look forward to welcoming you back to Shaw Club soon!

Niagara Falls, Canada
Reviewed 27 January 2014 via mobile

Being from the area and working in a nearby hotel my husband and I wanted a place to stay on our wedding night. We decided on the shaw club since we knew very little about it. We stayed in a king room in the annex building. We arrived around 2 am and was greeted right away and shown to our room. They had a special note congratulating us with a bottle of champagne. The room was a good size with enough room to move around in a huge dress. From booking it to checking out the staff were nothing but courteous and fantastic. I'm sorry I can't remember any names. They took time to remember our names and the reason for our stay. We can't wait to go back for our anniversary!!! Highly highly recommended!

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank lgaga4694
Thank you for taking the time to write us a review! I’m happy to hear we exceeded your expectations for your wedding night! Congratulations on your wedding, we wish you many years of happiness and look forward to welcoming you back to Shaw Club Hotel & Spa each year for your anniversary!

Toronto
Reviewed 27 January 2014

We live in Toronto and make the trip to Niagara on the Lake two or three times a year. Shaw Club is in a great location, right across the street from the Festival Theatre and an easy walk to Old Angel Inn and Bistro 61, two of our favourite restaurants. The rooms are cozy and very well equipped with a big TV (and a small one in the bathroom), refrigerator and rain shower. All the staff are friendly and helpful, making each stay easy and pleasant.
Dinner at Zee's is a treat, especially in the winter, when we don't have to brave the cold for one of the best restaurants in town. The hot breakfast is wonderful.
I tried the spa for the first time this visit. It's small, and you do have to go outside to reach it, but the massage I had was great. I will do this again.
Shaw Club is a small property that has all the comforts without the gingerbread and excessive fluffiness of some other NOTL hotels. It's our favourite and we''l be back!

Room Tip: Rooms on the front of the main building face the Festival Theatre and a few have balconies or patios...
1 Thank Bronau
Thank you so much for your continued loyalty, we truly appreciate it! Zee’s is always a must when visiting beautiful Niagara-on-the-Lake. Chef Jason Dobbie continues to create menus that are out of this world. I look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Burlington, Canada
Reviewed 26 January 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed at your hotel this weekend. We were warmly greeted by Sharla who offered us a glass of bubbly, wished my boyfriend "happy birthday", and walked us to our room (a first in Niagara!). Sharla explained all of the cool features in our room, 2 TVs, a large Jacuzzi tub, fridge, etc. The room was lovely, private, music playing, a perfect spot for a romantic night! The family room in the lobby was an extra bonus. We snuggled by the fireplace, with another glass of bubbly, and made our dinner plans for the evening. We have stayed at many of the finest hotels in Niagara and we both agree that this is our favourite. Thank you, Sharla! We'll be back. Soon!

Room Tip: Next time we'll have breakfast at Zee's.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Lisa M, Guest Relations Manager at Shaw Club Hotel, responded to this review, 29 January 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to reflect on your stay this past weekend! We are so lucky to have Sharla on our guest services team, she will be delighted to hear she contributed to your stay with us. I’m thrilled to hear you enjoyed every aspect of your stay! I look forward to welcoming you back to Shaw Club hotel & Spa soon!

Ohio
Reviewed 25 January 2014

The Shaw Club Hotel and Spa in Niagara-on-the -Lake, ON has quickly become one of my favorite getaway hotels. Located in a picturesque, historic town, the Shaw Club Hotel and Spa is a comforatble and welcoming place to call home for a stay. From the moment we arrived on a snowy January day, the staff made us feel very welcome and very special. Check in was quick and easy and we were shown to our room. Travelling with a pet is not easy, but this hotel is truly pet-friendly. There are two designated rooms for those with pooches and no expense was spared in making our dog feel at home. There was a comfy dog bed, bowl, a toy and treats in the room waiting for her arrival. The staff always had biscuits on hand, making our dog feel like she too was a special guest..The room is very well equipped. The King bed was extremely comforatble. The bathroom was well laid out and had every ammenity necessary. Off the lobby is a lounge with free coffee, tea, hot chocolate, DVD's, books, newspapers, games, computers, printers and a comfy sofa in front of a fireplace.

The restaurant at the Hotel is called Zee's and I highly recommend it. The food was truly special. The service was second to none. Our server, John, was very attentive and very friendly. The wine list is lovely. The portions were more than reasonable. The setting is a fun mix of historic charm and modern chic. Again, a roaring fireplace made us feel comfy and cozy.

We enjoyed a treatment at the spa, located next door. The staff there was equally as friendly. I highly recommend a little pampering.

While we were in the area primarily for business, the staff had plenty of suggestions for things to do and see in the area....and there is plenty to do and see.

The only slightly negative thing I have to say about the Shaw Club Hotel is that the room needed a bit more storage space. The closet was not big enough for two adults to hang clothing, especially with big winter coats. This could easily be remedied with a few well-place coat hooks. The room felt a bit cramped for two people and a dog. I believe there are larger rooms in the hotel, as we were in a Standard King Room. But that being said, we plan to return....in less frigid weather. It is a minor quibble.

I highly recommend the Shaw Club Hotel and Spa. Suberb! We cannot wait to head back there! The Staff is AMAZING!

Room Tip: Just visit the website and pick the one best for you. Lots of choices!
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Wow, I cannot thank you enough for taking the time to write such a wonderfully detailed review! I’m thrilled to hear that Shaw Club has become a favourite of yours when visiting beautiful Niagara-on-the-Lake. Zee’s is always a must when you’re in town. John is an essential part of the food and beverage team, his service is absolutely second to none. Thank you for your recommendation, we will look into options regarding storage space in the classic king pet friendly room. Thank you again for recognizing the staff and taking the time to write us a review, I look forward to welcoming you back to Shaw Club Hotel & Spa!